• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a wannabe-funny-guy, you sure suck at detecting sarcasm.

SASSkip.gif

xnipx

So if it's discovered in 10 years that Proky bought Dwight's allegiance with under the table money how hard do the nets get hit?? Even if he no longer owns the team??

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/7/2/3132537/nets-trade-for-joe-johnson-keep-green-brooks-draft-pick

The Nets have all but completed a trade for Joe Johnson, the six-time all-star, league sources tell NetsDaily. In return, the Hawks get expiring contracts and a first round pick. NOT included in the trade: MarShon Brooks and Gerald Green. The Nets also didn't have to give up their own first round pick in the trade. The trade will not be finalized until July 11.

Johnson, who is still owed $89.3 million over the next three years, was dealt for Anthony Morrow; Jordan Farmar, who will be bought out at Atlanta's expense; Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, a signed-and-traded DeShawn Stevenson and the Rockets 2013 lottery protected first round pick.

As a result of the trade, the Nets are now eligible for the full $5 million mid-level exception (which they reportedly will use to sign Bosnian forward Mirza Teletovic) and the $1.95 million bi-annual exception. They also retain two trade exceptions worth $3.0 million and $1.30 million, acquired in the Gerald Wallace trade; $3.0 million in cash considerations; Kris Humphries Bird Rights; all their own first rounders from 2013 through 2018 and the draft rights to two top European players, Bojan Bogdanovic and Toko Shenghelia.

(fwiw)

SamuraiX-

Colin Stephenson ‏@Ledger_Nets
Hearing the Nets-Joe Johnson deal is "pretty much done.''

Congrats, HawksAge.

Conflicting reports:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
As teams finalize framework of Joe Johnson deal contingent on DWill commitment, Nets won't be sending future 1st to Atlanta, source tells Y!
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Breaking: Nets "very close" to acquiring Joe Johnson from Hawks for Farmar, Petro, Morrow, Williams, Stevenson and protected pick (Houston).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
David Aldridge
Breaking: Nets "very close" to acquiring Joe Johnson from Hawks for Farmar, Petro, Morrow, Williams, Stevenson and protected pick (Houston).

Guess its happening.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So Joe Johnson and Rashard Lewis got traded in the same offseason. I guess there really is no such thing as an untradeable contract.

so if they resign Deron, do they even have any space to sign Dwight as a FA next season?

No. And they can't get him via Sign + trade, either. LOL.

Basically, he has to be traded to the Nets now with Deron-Wallace-JoeJ on roster. if not, not ever gonna happen.

Source indicated earlier that the Nets would proceed with JJ deal whether or not they get commitment from Deron Williams to stay w/Brooklyn.

Conflicting with Woj.

Why would deron want to play with Joe J and gWallace? I'd bolt to play with Dirk.

When you can trade for an overrated player on the downside of his career whil he makes 126 million us dollars you gotta do it.

Billy King, ladies and gentlemen.

He still has the touch

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Conflicting with Woj.

Why would deron want to play with Joe J and gWallace? I'd bolt to play with Dirk.

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Sources confirm Hawks and Nets have agreed to terms on deal to send Joe Johnson to Nets. Deal contingent on Deron Williams staying w/Nets

Looks like Deron is heading to Dallas.

With Nets out of the race for D12, time to do Bynum for Howard and Howard stays in LA.

Get. It. Done.

Looks like Deron is heading to Dallas.

broussard's sources blow. Still in conflict.

Does Dwight go to NJ if it's just Joe J and Wallace?

SamuraiX-

Source indicated earlier that the Nets would proceed with JJ deal whether or not they get commitment from Deron Williams to stay w/Brooklyn.

The Hawks are basically getting one of the most potent 3-point shooters in the league in exchange for using a hidden bonus amnesty clause.

Danny Ferry: GM OF THE DECADE

Conflicting with Woj.

r
Really?

Williams
Johnson
Wallace
Humphries
Lopez

Is better than Dirk and plus what's left of Dallas. Maybe if they can somehow move Haywood and Marion to make a run at Coward. Plus it's the Least.

what do the Hawks do now? Ship of Smith for something? Build around Horford?

FWIW, as just a fun thing, if they got Dwight to go with deron, JJ, GW, and signed a MLE player every year. In Joe J's final year, he would cost close to $80 million for 1 season of play. I think, anyway. LOLOLOL

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
r
Really?

Williams
Johnson
Wallace
Humphries
Lopez

Is better than Dirk and plus what's left of Dallas. Maybe if they can somehow move Haywood and Marion to make a run at Coward. Plus it's the Least.

Dirk is better than 2-5 combined

KingJ2002

LOLOL.

#1. Joe Johnson was traded for shit.

#2. Bye bye Dwight, probably. lolnets. Have fun with that contract.

Ah, so DWill has to stay.

yep... looks like Dwight has no where to go but to the purple and gold or houston. The nets are out...

and speaking of which...

C - B. Lopez
PF - K. Humphries
SF - G. Wallace
SG - J. Johnson
PG - D. Williams

if they J. Kidd as a back up PG and develop their bench... that is a solid lineup.

SamuraiX-

I would seriously get slammed to all shit tonight if I was HawksAge.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
To clarify, Nets won't send their own future 1st to Atlanta, but as @daldridgetnt reports, they'll ship '13 protected pick via Houston.

Holy fuck.

Just as the Rockets are going into tank mode too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom