• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
wG5zL.png

SEE YA

8y95kj.jpg.gif

Jesus Christ on a cracker

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Marcus Thompson ‏@gswscribe
Oh, forgot to tweet this earlier. I'm told the Warriors are NOT interested in trading for Dwight Howard unless he signs extension

So who exactly is still in the Dwight sweepstakes? Lakers, Clippers, Rockets? Guessing there must be some surprise teams interested in a rental too.

Talon

Al Horford has to be the one guy that won't be traded. Very favorable contract and he's not a headcase.

Who wants Josh Smith?

So now Dwight has to beg Orlando to trade him to the Nets or he can't play with them at all. LOL

Nets have nothing to trade. Dwight's leverage is gone if Brooklyn can't sign him outright. Now every team that can offer more than the Nets can (LAL, Houston, shit even Clippers) have the inside track on resigning him for the max money now that he can't simply walk to Brooklyn at the end of the year.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Am I missing something? That team looked old last year. Dirk is 34 and this deal will be at least till he's 38.

That team never gave a fuck. From the FO to the last guy on the bench. Dallas was one of the few teams that clearly treated the lockout season like a lockout season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Source: Nets are meeting with Deron Williams right now. Telling him about trade for Joe Johnson right now.

Hopefully for their sakes that D-Will doesn't read RealGM

Hawks didn't get Green or Brooks...

Just when I thought the Atlanta Hawks couldn't get any dumber, they go out ... AND TOTALLY REDEEM THEMSELVES!!!

Brooklyn Nets - Blueprint For Greatness

123421101.jpg

TEAR IT DOWN

Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@WojYahooNBA

League source tells Y! that Joe Johnson deal now likely "happens with or without Deron." Nets officials are meeting with Williams right now.

What is going on there? Did they really just go from potentially Deron and Dwight to Gerald Wallace and Joe Johnson?

If Deron makes $18 mil next season on the Nets, their "big 3" will be roughly $48 million. $49 with Brooks.

Assuming a $62 mil salary cap (it goes up $2 mil), and 8 roster holds, the most they could offer $9 million to Dwight in free agency. And that's assuming those are the only 4 players on the roster. If they use a MLE or sign lopez to more than 1 year, etc, they can't offer Dwight more than the MLE.

Deron re-signing ends any bid for Howard. It's over.

What is going on there? Did they really just go from potentially Deron and Dwight to Gerald Wallace and Joe Johnson?

Can still get dwight if Deron walks.

Would be HILARIOUS if that's all they get. JJ and GW. oh my god.

thekad

Banned
If Deron makes $18 mil next season on the Nets, their "big 3" will be roughly $48 million. $49 with Brooks.

Assuming a $62 mil salary cap (it goes up $2 mil), and 8 roster holds, the most they could offer $9 million to Dwight in free agency. And that's assuming those are the only 4 players on the roster. If they use a MLE or sign lopez to more than 1 year, etc, they can't offer Dwight more than the MLE.

Deron re-signing ends any bid for Howard. It's over.

They can trade Marshon Brooks and a resigned Kris Kardashian and Brooke Lopez for Dwight in December.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/7/2/3132537/nets-trade-for-joe-johnson-keep-green-brooks-draft-pick

The Nets have all but completed a trade for Joe Johnson, the six-time all-star, league sources tell NetsDaily. In return, the Hawks get expiring contracts and a first round pick. NOT included in the trade: MarShon Brooks and Gerald Green. The Nets also didn't have to give up their own first round pick in the trade. The trade will not be finalized until July 11.

Johnson, who is still owed $89.3 million over the next three years, was dealt for Anthony Morrow; Jordan Farmar, who will be bought out at Atlanta's expense; Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, a signed-and-traded DeShawn Stevenson and the Rockets 2013 lottery protected first round pick.

As a result of the trade, the Nets are now eligible for the full $5 million mid-level exception (which they reportedly will use to sign Bosnian forward Mirza Teletovic) and the $1.95 million bi-annual exception. They also retain two trade exceptions worth $3.0 million and $1.30 million, acquired in the Gerald Wallace trade; $3.0 million in cash considerations; Kris Humphries Bird Rights; all their own first rounders from 2013 through 2018 and the draft rights to two top European players, Bojan Bogdanovic and Toko Shenghelia.

(fwiw)

...hmmm

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Are the Hawks having a fire sale?

I'd take Josh Smith and Teague for a used power forward with no acls and a 7 foot goof that can't hit free throws

So this guarantees Dwight can't go to Brooklyn this year and if he goes next year the roster will be bogged down by JJ's contract.

Eat it Dwight, go take a sex ed class and come to LA already.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Considering all the Dwight bullshit that has gone on I wouldn't be surprised if he says he wants to stay in Orlando now. Thats the logical finale to this entire soap opera.

Brinbe

Great job, Billy. Deron needs to run and sign that Mavs contract and wait for Dwight next year. He's going nowhere with JJ/Wallace

Talon

Are the Hawks having a fire sale?

I'd take Josh Smith and Teague for a used power forward with no acls and a 7 foot goof that can't hit free throws
This ain't a fire sale. They're getting rid of an albatross of a contract, so they can add depth around the still young group of Horford, Josh, and Teague. Otherwise they were stuck doing what they did last year - buying up the scraps of vet mins that Miami and Boston weren't interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom