• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this guarantees Dwight can't go to Brooklyn this year and if he goes next year the roster will be bogged down by JJ's contract.

Eat it Dwight, go take a sex ed class and come to LA already.

He can't go next year unless he takes a $5 mil per year deal. Not even joking (assuming Deron stays).

Since Orlando doesn't want anything the Nets have, it's over. He can't go to Brooklyn without Orlando changing their mind.

Great job, Billy
tumblr_lkt0d2d6FS1qba443o1_250.gif

He can't go next year unless he takes a $5 mil per year deal. Not even joking (assuming Deron stays).

Since Orlando doesn't want anything the Nets have, it's over. He can't go to Brooklyn without Orlando changing their mind.

I assumed JJ + no possiblity of Dwight means Deron leaves.

So Nets will be JJ+Dwight or he signs elsewhere, which would be the much wiser choice.

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources: Brooklyn, Atlanta finalizing trade for All-Star guard Joe Johnson. http://t.co/zNQMA1o9

Johnson, 31, has four years and nearly $90 million dollars left on his contract.
Johnson, 31, has four years and nearly $90 million dollars left on his contract.

Can't be posted enough. lol

I assumed JJ + no possiblity of Dwight means Deron leaves.

So Nets will be JJ+Dwight or he signs elsewhere, which would be the much wiser choice.

JJ + Wallace = $30 mil next year. That's leaves $31 mil to play with after Brooks. Subtract cap holds for roster spots, really $26 million. Subtract $15 starting for Dwight and you're at $11 million to spend on players beyond right now. Lopez, Humprhries, etc. It would be quite difficult, I think, to pull even that off.

I really think Dwight to Broolyn is dead now. for good.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
WTF, just heard the news re: Joe Johnson. Is this life? Here I am, all excited because a pro team is going to be playing in my neighborhood, and they trade a first round pick for Wallace, and now trade for Joe Johnson's ridiculous contract. How is this possible? How?

How?

thekad

Banned
Try in the history of the league.

I dare somebody to find a bigger nightmare trade scenario than this.

If they lose Deron and Dwight, then the past few months of Billy King go in the Hall of Fame of terrible front office decisions. If this helps keep Deron, then it's just your normal poor NBA GM decision.

giga

Hawks espn blog: http://www.hoopinionblog.com/2012/07/great-trade-whod-we-get.html

Let's hear it for Danny Ferry, who performed a miracle. And let's hear it for Billy King, who saw the post-prime years of (presently) an above average score and passer who doesn't rebound, whose defense can best be described as "won't kill you if you put him on the other team's second-most dangerous wing" and thought to himself, "That's worth $90 million and a first-round draft pick."
Hey danny ferry,

aBYej.gif

why are all those knicks fans at a women's softball game. And why are you watching it?
The game was held in Atlanta. No one attended so Spike and the gang filled up the stadium to make it appear like Atlanta could actually draw fans for their sports instead of wasting all that money for their stadiums.

BobLoblaw

Banned
The Magic traded for Gunbert, and the Celtics traded Perkins for a pack of Kools, so no.
Both abominable, but JJ is still owed $90 million over the next four seasons. He's a goddamn cap killer after the last CBA and someone intentionally picked him up knowing that.

lol

Tommy Dee: Teams keep improving while the #knicks stand pat... that's the honest truth and it's not funny.
lol

Jeff Wade: Final thought about JJ with or without DWill - still in mix for D12 if Deron leaves so there's that thinking
if we dont get dwight or deron, imma choke a bitch, and by bitch i mean lovingsteam

Bill Ingram: So now the Warriors and Nets have each moved on without Dwight Howard . . .countdown to Houston?
get your dirty paws off my dwight, houston. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom