• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF, just heard the news re: Joe Johnson. Is this life? Here I am, all excited because a pro team is going to be playing in my neighborhood, and they trade a first round pick for Wallace, and now trade for Joe Johnson's ridiculous contract. How is this possible? How?

How?

Broadway Joe knows how to fill seats by endearing himself to fans.

Aw1DA_MCMAEQM4W.jpg:medium

Bleh

Lol, he's the Clips problem now, unless he plays good again, then fuck him.

SamuraiX-

Oh shit. All we have on the books next year are Teague and Horford...and a player option for Marvin.

:D

Well, damn.

When was the last time things looked so promising for the Hawks? Really happy for you guys. Hopefully Ferry can continue his masterful trolling work.

Talon

Meh..The Hawks the last 2 seasons were 1 serviceable point guard away from getting to the top tier in the east.

They passed up on D Will and Chris Paul. It's their own fault.
You crazy, son. Doesn't matter when Joe's bricking treys. We weren't going to get close to beating Miami. Our ceiling was taking Boston to 6/7.

Everyone wanted D Will except Billy Knight. And then we took Sheldon.

People, who has Twitter? We need to bombard Dwight's account and guilt him to play for some small market team.
Meh..The Hawks the last 2 seasons were 1 serviceable point guard away from getting to the top tier in the east.

Ok, but there's having the ability to mkae moves (and fail) vs. being in cap Hell FOREVER. They got out themselves out of a MASSIVE contract they signed themselves, and now they can at least operate.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
People, who has Twitter? We need to bombard Dwight's account and guilt him to play for some small market team.

Ok, but there's having the ability to mkae moves (and fail) vs. being in cap Hell FOREVER. They got out themselves out of a MASSIVE contract they signed themselves, and now they can at least operate.

Dwight hasn't been on Twitter for months.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

I see your point.

Is Josh Smith still trying to get out of town?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Last I looked he hadn't used his account since April. Yea he most likely reads his tweets, but you actually think he gives a fuck what anyone thinks at this point. I don't think he even understands what the word "guilt" means.

I swear to God after Knicks resign Lin, Novak (maybe Fields?) watch their big FA signing be Bill Walker.

... I think I will abstain from GAF the whole offseason if that happens.
Dwight hasn't been on Twitter for months.
Last I looked he hadn't used his account since April. Yea he most likely reads his tweets, but you actually think he gives a fuck what anyone thinks at this point. I don't think he even understands what the word "guilt" means.
Good point.
I see your point.

Is Josh Smith still trying to get out of town?
I think Ferry said he'd be willing to deal Smith at the right price.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The funny thing is Deron, JJdon'tgiveafuck, Zombie Wallace, and Bropez will still have a better record than the Knicks

SamuraiX-

Teague more than qualifies as a serviceable PG.

Do you even watch any other team outside of the Spurs?

The Hawks were going nowhere with JJ as their flagship star/leader

On June 25, 2012, he accepted a position as the President of Basketball Operations and General Manager for the Atlanta Hawks.

Holy fuck this man works fast.

In just a week he's managed to relocate the 120 millionth wonder of the world and even got decent package out of it.

ESPN reports that the meeting between the Dallas Mavericks and Deron Williams is officially over, and that Mark Cuban, Rick Carlisle and “special consultant” and former Maverick Michael Finley made their best pitch. Williams has set no time frame for his decision, but it probably became academic when he walked out of his meeting with the Mavs and saw the news below.(JJ to Nets deal)

Reave

And tomorrow, Dwight Howard will say he was misquoted about requesting a trade and will ask Orlando to roll the dice this season.

Talon

Dwight should go to Boston for one year before hitting the FA market. Then he can come back home to Atlanta and partner up with Horford for 5 seasons of ECSF/ECF losses.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Multiple Sources Broussard was just on SC saying that Dwight just staying in Orlando is a real possibility

lawl

HAHAHAHAHA I do feel sorry for Magic fans though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Multiple Sources Broussard was just on SC saying that Dwight just staying in Orlando is a real possibility

lawl

I'd believe it. Lots of cap space next season. He still cares about his image and the only way to even try to repair it would be to stay in Orlando long term at this point.

Henny should resign him then trade his ass once the ink is dry.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Teague more than qualifies as a serviceable PG.

Do you even watch any other team outside of the Spurs?

The Hawks were going nowhere with JJ as their flagship star/leader

I've watched over 200 games in 5 months man. Every team is starting to look the same.
I gave the Hawks a pass this year because of Horford going down. Even without him, they were still a top 4 team in the east.

Brinbe

I can definitely see Howard being stuck in Orlando now... but wow, that'd be real awkward, especially after he already pissed off every Magic fan.

SUPREME1

Banned
Nash (via $9M TPE) + Sessions + Blake

Mamba + Eyenga

MWP + Ebanks + Barnes

Josh Smith (via Pau trade) + McRoberts

Dwight Howard (via Bynum trade) + Hill

That Joe Johnson trade has to be one of worst trades of all time. I still can't believe someone wanted that albatross of a contract on thier books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom