• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

What team's even gonna want Hump @ what he's gonna need to get signed for? This whole thing just reeks of fantastical desperation

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
What team's even gonna want Hump @ what he's gonna need to get signed for? This whole thing just reeks of fantastical desperation

With D12, Anderson and Nelson the Magic have nothing

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Jamal is a gunner and quite selfish... Plus he played like ass...

I like Crawford.. He went to Rainer Beach in Seattle...

Yeah, Jamal had a down year.. but so did Wes, Ray, and just about the entire team outside of LA.

I've never been a McMillian supporter, and not only had Nate seemed to have lost the team he lost the fans here in Portland.

He kept getting passes because of injuries, but in the end Nate just wasn't a great coach.

I'm hoping we stick with Canales for now. The players like him, he's a good guy, he's young, enthusiastic. We got nothing to lose by giving him 2 or 3 years.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Free agent Antawn Jamison, an ex-North Carolina star, will be visiting the very interested Charlotte Bobcats on Thur and Fri,source tells Y!

I don't get it. Jamison isn't Rashard level scrub yet, I'm sure the actually competitive teams would be interested in a cheap 1 year deal. Why the hell would he want to play for the Bobcats?

Free agent Antawn Jamison, an ex-North Carolina star, will be visiting the very interested Charlotte Bobcats on Thur and Fri,source tells Y!

I don't get it. Jamison isn't Rashard level scrub yet, I'm sure the actually competitive teams would be interested in a cheap 1 year deal. Why the hell would he want to play for the Bobcats?

I don't think any team that values shot selection or defense would sign Jamison.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't think any team that values shot selection or defense would sign Jamison.

Yeah but teams are interested in Rashard Lewis.

SpearsNBAYahoo
Mavs making big push for free agent Brandon Roy,source tells Y! CLE,MIN and possibly LAL interested.He could meet teams in Seattle next week

Poor Brandy. I don't think he's going to make it.

Blackace

Yeah, Jamal had a down year.. but so did Wes, Ray, and just about the entire team outside of LA.

I've never been a McMillian supporter, and not only had Nate seemed to have lost the team he lost the fans here in Portland.

He kept getting passes because of injuries, but in the end Nate just wasn't a great coach.

I'm hoping we stick with Canales for now. The players like him, he's a good guy, he's young, enthusiastic. We got nothing to lose by giving him 2 or 3 years.

He kept getting passes because the entire roster was injuried every season... No coach could have coached his way out of that... Not Phil Jackson, not Doc Rivers, mot Canales.

Mac 10 is a great coach. A bit stubborn like his mentor Karl.. But calling Nate not a great coach is basically bullshit..

Blackace

Yeah but teams are interested in Rashard Lewis.

SpearsNBAYahoo
Mavs making big push for free agent Brandon Roy,source tells Y! CLE,MIN and possibly LAL interested.He could meet teams in Seattle next week

Poor Brandy. I don't think he's going to make it.

Because Lewis at least can run the floor still...

NervousXtian

He kept getting passes because the entire roster was injuried every season... No coach could have coached his way out of that... Not Phil Jackson, not Doc Rivers, mot Canales.

Mac 10 is a great coach. A bit stubborn like his mentor Karl.. But calling Nate not a great coach is basically bullshit..

I agree, nobody could have gotten through those injuries over the last few years. We lost our franchise player and our potential franchise player in a matter of a few seasons.

Yet, my problems with go back to before the injuries. His offense is just boring, and he's not good at adjustments.

Huge upgrade from Mo but still, after this many seasons you realize it's not the players making this offense boring, it's the coach.

Blackace

I agree, nobody could have gotten through those injuries over the last few years. We lost our franchise player and our potential franchise player in a matter of a few seasons.

Yet, my problems with go back to before the injuries. His offense is just boring, and he's not good at adjustments.

Huge upgrade from Mo but still, after this many seasons you realize it's not the players making this offense boring, it's the coach.

Yeah... Not really feeling "offense is boring" sounds fairly casual to me..

His Sonics were amazing.. And the year he had a near full roster was fair explosive as well

Bowser

Jamison, while he put up points due to basically being the only offensive option on the Cavs the last few years, is terribly inefficient on the offensive end and was never a gifted defender even in his prime - now, he's basically a matador on D. Still, for the Bobcats, having his veteran presence around will be immensely helpful to guys like Kemba, Henderson, MKG and Biyombo. Jamison, while born in Louisiana, played middle school and high school basketball in Charlotte and, obviously, stayed in-state to go to UNC. He's expressed a desire to end his career in Charlotte as he considers it his hometown.

NervousXtian

I'm really conflicted about this BRoy stuff. As a Blazer fan I think the world of the guy, he was great to Portland.. he played his ass off for us even after his knees were in bad shape.

Yet.. coming back a year later? So either his knees aren't as bad as we were told.. or he's going to play through major pain.

Blackace

I don't know what makes Nate so great. He's good but nothing he's done puts him up there with the great coaches.

Well today I still think he is a 5 thru 8 basketball coach..

I think Doc , Thibs, of course Pop, are better....

diehard

Fleer
So how do people feel about Devin Harris vs Mo Williams?

Neither are that great but i think Devin is a little better than Mo , except Mo cares more.

NervousXtian

Yeah... Not really feeling "offense is boring" sounds fairly casual to me..

His Sonics were amazing.. And the year he had a near full roster was fair explosive as well

How many Blazers games have you watched? Our offense the last few years was pretty terrible to watch most of the time.

I'm really conflicted about this BRoy stuff. As a Blazer fan I think the world of the guy, he was great to Portland.. he played his ass off for us even after his knees were in bad shape.

Yet.. coming back a year later? So either his knees aren't as bad as we were told.. or he's going to play through major pain.

im a huge roy fan (mavs fan here) and the prospect of him coming off the bench and scoring in buckets, essentially replacing terry, is tantalizing. apparently he went through the blood-platelet surgery kobe had done overseas, and now he's attempting to see if he's got a new lease on his bball life.

regardless of where he ends up, i hope he can still ball.

the mavs have a pretty good medical staff, I mean, chandler has had almost two full seasons since playin for them. I'm sure they won't sign broy if they feel as if his knees will break apart in the first 10 games.

charsace

Since 1980 only one SG has gone number one overall.

Good thing Shab's won't be a 2 in the NBA. He has the game of a sf.

And tanking for Noel is the worst idea ever. Next year's draft is weaker than the one that just past. Noel doesn't know how to play basketball. Drummond is better prospect than Noel.

Blackace

Good thing Shab's won't be a 2 in the NBA. He has the game of a sf.

And tanking for Noel is the worst idea ever. Next year's draft is weaker than the one that just past. Noel doesn't know how to play basketball. Drummond is better prospect than Noel.

Shab will be a two.. Unless he grows another 2 inches

The wing class (2 and 3) likely declaring in the upcoming draft is pretty good. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see one of them go number one.

I wouldn't give him more than the vet min, honestly. He'd be nice to have for mentoring purposes, but as I posted earlier, he's probably only got a year or two left in the tank.

If he'd sign for the vet minimum that's a no brainer deal for us.

NervousXtian

In last few years maybe 80 plus.. Any other questions?

Well, then you have a good grasp on our situation.

I don't blame Nate for our failings, it's been a rough run events. I just never liked his style of coaching. I don't like his rotations, and he took far to long to change things up this season when it became clear things weren't working.

Nate will be fine though, he'll end up with a better team in the short term than staying here anyhow.. and again Nate had lost the fans. Portland fans are ridiculously loyal to our players and coaches.

Bowser

If he'd sign for the vet minimum that's a no brainer deal for us.

Agreed. I think we might offer him a little more so as not to insult him, but I hope it isn't much more:

Antawn Jamison
Jamison has been grossly overpaid in recent seasons and entering his age-36 campaign, he's unlikely to receive the same level of remuneration to which he's become accustomed. Last season, Jamison put up decent superficial numbers for a Cavaliers squad starving for scoring options. While Jamison averaged 17.2 points for Cleveland and played more than 33 minutes per game, only two double-digit scorers in the NBA put up a lower true shooting percentage -- Kemba Walker and Tayshaun Prince. In many respects, it was the worst offensive season of Jamison's career and he's not at an age when it's reasonable to expect him to bounce back. Jamison has only really pulled back on his game to become a role player once in his career, back in 2003-04 for a loaded Mavericks squad. Even if he were willing to accept a reserve role, it would be as an off-the-bench gunner and he's just not efficient enough to do that effectively. He's also one of the worst defensive players in the league. Jamison is a solid citizen who, to his credit, put up a career-best assist rate last year. I'm still not sure I'd want him on my roster. At any cost.

http://basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=2369

Blackace

The wing class (2 and 3) likely declaring in the upcoming draft are pretty good. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see one of them go number one.

Could be... Just was saying that since 1980 only AI went one.. And he came in a PG

Blackace

Well, then you have a good grasp on our situation.

I don't blame Nate for our failings, it's been a rough run events. I just never liked his style of coaching. I don't like his rotations, and he took far to long to change things up this season when it became clear things weren't working.

Nate will be fine though, he'll end up with a better team in the short term than staying here anyhow.. and again Nate had lost the fans. Portland fans are ridiculously loyal to our players and coaches.

Again.. His rotations were limited by drafting Oden, and signing scraps like Failton, Wes, and Crawford...

Magic should be tanking, not trying to compete post-trade.

Lowry/Martin/ Forward #29384 and picks may not be great, but its better than Bropez and Brooks unless Bropez's contract is cheap or short. Bropez is getting paid in this post Asik world.

dump Hedo and Redick for some prsopects and a pick or two. Let Ryno and Jameer leave, Package JRich with Dwight for Bynum, Steve Blake and Glock. Then Tank.

Blake
Glock
????
Davis
Bynum

Now that's a tank.

After Two or Three years you should have some nice prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom