• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
JRudolphSports
Source: Lakers are prepared to offer the Andrew Bynum and Metta World Peace to the Magic for Dwight Howard provided Howard signs extension

So Dwight + JRich for Bynum + Ron sounds like whats on the table right now

Eric Pincus said:
A source confirms that the Los Angeles Lakers are indeed interested in dealing Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard. It’s a scenario the Lakers have been working on quietly for some time.

Both sides have concerns, however, as both Howard and Bynum are going into the final years of their contracts. Neither team wants to move their All-Star center for a player who leaves after one season.

Andrew might be more likely to accept an extension but to date, as often reported by HOOPSWORLD, Howard has resisted a move to Los Angeles.

Should the Lakers attain Howard, they would still continue down the path of moving Pau Gasol for depth at a cheaper dollar.
c'mon you fucks. make it happen.
goodbye bynum.
thanks for being a total unprofessional dickhead once you got your 30rebound game.

JRudolphSports
Source: Lakers are prepared to offer the Andrew Bynum and Metta World Peace to the Magic for Dwight Howard provided Howard signs extension

sounds crazy, but i actually want to keep ron. bitter sweet

Nelo Ice

Banned
JRudolphSports

So Kobe finally gets a backup and we unload Metta while getting Dwight. I'll take it!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@SpearsNBAYahoo said:
Celtics are in final discussions on terms of a multi-year deal with Mavericks free agent guard Jason Terry, sources tells Yahoo! Sports.

This exception allows a team to re-sign its own free agent to a salary starting at up to 120% of his salary in the previous season2 (not over the maximum salary, of course), 120% of the minimum salary, or the amount needed to tender a qualifying offer (if the player is a restricted free agent -- see question number 43), whichever is greater. Raises are limited to 4.5% of the salary in the first year of the contract, and contracts are limited to four seasons when this exception is used.
I'm trying to figure out how much he made last year. However there is no Knicks fan co-signing matching an offer sheet that has the Knicks spending roughly $6.7 million per season on Landry Fields.

EDIT: saw your post, can you link me that? I'm reading different stuff here.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I'm trying to figure out how much he made last year. However there is no Knicks fan co-signing matching an offer sheet that has the Knicks spending roughly $6.7 million per season on Landry Fields.

The rules are different for rookie contracts.

linsivvi

sounds crazy, but i actually want to keep ron. bitter sweet

I have nothing against Ron either. He didn't show up in shape after the lockout ended but otherwise he's served his purpose. At the very least he provides us with comic relief.

You could do a lot worse than the $7-8M he's going to get for the next 2 seasons.
Omer Asik.

SamuraiX-

You can't teach rings. He'll be bringing dat veteran presence to the youngins like Julian Wright and Al Thornton who are also on their summer league team.

Whatever happened to Al Thornton?

Kid was looking like he was finally starting to come into his game a couple years ago in this third season with the Clippers when he was traded to the Wizards and then the Wiz and Warriors stopped taking him seriously.

I'd love for the Kings to pursue him.

Dwight's not signing an extension with anybody. He'd be giving up a crap load of cash.

No he'd be giving up a crapload of cash if he becomes a FA and walks to another team. He'd get the most money by signing an extension with whatever team has his rights. This is why he wants so badly to be traded to Brooklyn rather than go as a free agent.

Whatever happened to Al Thornton?

Kid was looking like he was finally starting to come into his game a couple years ago in this third season with the Clippers when he was traded to the Wizards and then the Wiz and Warriors stopped taking him seriously.

I'd love for the Kings to pursue him.

You want somebody 3 teams already gave up on?

I have nothing against Ron either. He didn't show up in shape after the lockout ended but otherwise he's served his purpose. At the very least he provides us with comic relief.

You could do a lot worse than the $7-8M he's going to get for the next 2 seasons.
Omer Asik.

He showed some promise towards the end of the year and was at least going to show up to play every night.

I will miss Ron as well if he's gone.

My money on mystery star is James Harden.

Lakers can't absord Hedo's contract. He's too high for the TPE and we have no expiring to send back. It would need a third team and that ain't happening unless Pau is traded for something, which I doubt will be the case with D12 here.

They can take in JRich. I'd do Bynum + Blake for JRich + Dwight. Sheds one year of salary for them. Would solve the backup 2/3 problems.

Damn, I'd rather get MWP. Make it Blake, fools! MWP has a worse contract, too.

thekad

Banned
No he'd be giving up a crapload of cash if he becomes a FA and walks to another team. He'd get the most money by signing an extension with whatever team has his rights. This is why he wants so badly to be traded to Brooklyn rather than go as a free agent.

Kurt Helin: No way Howard signs an extension with anyone. In his financial interest to become free agent and re-sign under Bird rights, more years +$. 1 minute ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.h...#ixzz1zaLCvIO8

Resigning with your team does give the player more money but players can get paid a lot more if the resigning happens after they become a free agent instead of extending their contracts while under contract.

Dwight, if traded to any team even the Nets, won't sign an extension this Summer because it doesn't make sense financially.

He won't extend, but he'll promise to re-up.

It's not like he has anywhere to go. Nets can't sign him for more than MLE next offseason if Deron stays.

He ain't leaving the Lakers for Detroit, Charlotte, etc. Atlanta would be the only option and one would have to be a moron to leave Lakers for Atlanta. Then again, he is a moron, so I won't rule it out.

Resigning with your team does give the player more money but players can get paid a lot more if the resigning happens after they become a free agent instead of extending their contracts while under contract.

Dwight, if traded to any team even the Nets, won't sign an extension this Summer because it doesn't make sense financially.

Only 4 year rookies contract players can extend for the max. So stupid. They need to fix this.

thekad

Banned
He won't extend, but he'll promise to re-up.

It's not like he has anywhere to go. Nets can't sign him for more than MLE next offseason if Deron stays.

He ain't leaving the Lakers for Detroit, Charlotte, etc. Atlanta would be the only option and one would have to be a moron to leave Lakers for Atlanta. Then again, he is a moron, so I won't rule it out.

Atlanta would have a brighter future with CP3, Horford, and Smith. Best defense in the league, good friend in Smith, hometown, wouldn't have to play with Kobe.

I think Dwight would rather play with Smoove than Kobe and I don't think Kobe is going to be any better than Smoove moving forward. Kobe's going to be 34 in a couple months...

Atlanta would have a brighter future with CP3, Horford, and Smith. Best defense in the league, good friend in Smith, hometown, wouldn't have to play with Kobe.

And it's a crappy sports market and no one will care. One season in L.A. after at least making the WCF and he'll change his tune really fast.

So will the extra year and extra $25 million or whatever it will be.

Nobody ditches Los Angeles for Atlanta for less money. Come on, people.

And it's a crappy sports market and no one will care. One season in L.A. after at least making the WCF and he'll change his tune really fast.

$28m, actually.

benjipwns

Banned

You can't put a price on friendship.

Terry, Allen, and Bradley? I'm guessing Terry plays the backup PG in that scenario.

Plus I guess a lot of small ball with KG and Pierce playing the bigs. No word on Bass, though, is a bit weird.

Also not sure why Boston is getting older...

also, LOL RAPTORS. WTF is wrong with you!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom