• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this deal happened, I would flip a fucking lid. If the Magic don't get numerous first rounders out of Dwight, then I'll lose all faith in this new guy. I don't care if they're late first rounders, there needs to at least appear to be some sort of investment in the future.

The dude is handcuffed by Dwight's demands.
It's not his fault. You are very limited in what you can get back for him. A team like the Lakers can take the chance on a one year rental of Dwight and then have confidence that he'll stay but not very many other teams will.

squicken

So who is the better player out of Dragic, Lowry, and Lin? The fact that Morey was able to find three good not great guards should tell him not to got out and pay big money for one.

what... the fuck?
lol
The saddest thing is he might be right.
... did somebody use a hot tub time machine to erase Fields' last two playoff performances or something? Why is it the minute a guy leaves the Knicks revisionist history kicks in and it's like "that guy's a blue chipper, a great talent!".

Granted, he's still young and actually cares about D, so that's a plus. But unless he works on his jumper (which he did all last summer and got worse) and learns how to play in a halfcourt, he's going to have issues.

Jason Kapono $24 million
Hedo Turkoglu $53 million
Landry Fields $20 million

ouKW6l.jpg

AirBrian

Mav fans are the only ones who know how much of a burden it is to have him on the team you root for. A lot of other people really want him on their team.
His clutch 3's will definitely be missed. His fast break pull-up jumpers and piss-poor defense will most certainly not.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I still can't believe Pringles said that Mosgov was the best athlete he's ever coached

That kind of shit should get you fined

How are they going to play small ball when their offense is simply terrible all-around?

By small, I mean KG at C and Pierce at PF. Not stylistically.

I remember him saying it in a interview near the end of the season. He wants another ring.

And which reports says the celtics want to keep both? He apparently is offended with coming behind Bradley. If they throw terry in the mix then I don't see him back. Plus this week he apparently had conference calls with the Heat, Grizzlies, Clippers, and Wolves.He so far is only meeting with Heat(Thursday) and the Clippers(Fri) who can only offer two mill more. I think we have a good shot.

It was just posted earlier about them trying to keep both.

Also, Doc just said he talked to Ray and thinks it would be a "stretch" for him to leave.

"Celtics coach Doc Rivers talked to Allen on Sunday and called it a "stretch" that the NBA's all-time leading 3-point shooter will play elsewhere next season."

Terry will be a backup PG, not just SG. So he doesn't completely cut into Ray's role. And with them playing Pierce at PF more, Ray will play some SF.

I still can't believe Pringles said that Mosgov was the best athlete he's ever coached

That kind of shit should get you fined
He also said Gallo is the best outside shooter he's ever seen.

68ff473f72f78aa30f5e87_large.jpeg

Just wait till you get a solid dose of the trademark Fields no arc 3 on a regular basis, enjoy Toronto.
I assume Toronto isn't done, but Landry Fields on a team where no one draws a double team...

Yeah, they better get Nash. Holy fuck they BETTER get Nash.

Mike McGraw: Looks like Ray Allen is moving on @Marc J. Spears: Celtics & free agent G Jason Terry have reached agreement on 3-yr mid-level deal. about 11 minutes ago

come to LA ray.
you know kobe's gonna pass you the ball til kingdom comes.

Jonm1010

Banned
So basically the Knicks are gonna have one guy who plays defense if Nash shows up.

Good luck with that shit. Good luck trying to nab that 8 seed.

Fields is terrible.

He fucked up his shot and yet the man gets $20M. NBA GM's are true fools.

Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone

Bring him home. Felton future for the Knicks.

He wouldn't be a bad back-up to J-Lin.

So basically the Knicks are gonna have one guy who plays defense if Nash shows up.

Good luck with that shit. Good luck trying to nab that 8 seed.

Shump is coming back in January.

DY_nasty

I'm really trying to figure out if Julius Hodge was a better player than Fields.

Garden Mystique changes everything

DY_nasty

That Bargnani contract fucked up the entire market that year.

LMA could've been got for something way more reasonable until BC bet the house.

DY_nasty

He looked like a good role player whenever Mike Brown forgot to nail him to the bench.

SUPREME1

Banned
Thunder apparently interested in Ebanks.

Thoughts about him, Lakers-Age?

Certified Durant-Stopper.

Seriously though, he wasn't given enough minutes under Brown. He showed flashes of being a competent shooter from 17ft out and plays solid defense due to his length and athletecism. I'd like to hold on to him as a project.

By small, I mean KG at C and Pierce at PF. Not stylistically.

It was just posted earlier about them trying to keep both.

Also, Doc just said he talked to Ray and thinks it would be a "stretch" for him to leave.

"Celtics coach Doc Rivers talked to Allen on Sunday and called it a "stretch" that the NBA's all-time leading 3-point shooter will play elsewhere next season."

Terry will be a backup PG, not just SG. So he doesn't completely cut into Ray's role. And with them playing Pierce at PF more, Ray will play some SF.

Huh? He was just quoted saying he doesn't have a clue.

Rivers, who told ESPN.com over the weekend that he thought it would be "a stretch" for Allen to do anything but re-sign with the Celtics, sounds like he may be singing a different tune now. "I don't know," Rivers said on The Dan Patrick Show on Tuesday when asked if he had any idea which way Allen may be leaning. "We're working hard, and we have a lot of options. It's going to be interesting. I don't have a feel on it. With these things, I usually have a feel, but I don't know."

Read more at: http://www.nesn.com/2012/07/doc-riv...t-call-john-calipari-to-help-recruit-him.html

Check this roster out gaf:

1: Kemba Walker, DJ Augustin
2: Gerald Henderson, Ben Gordon
3: MKG, Jeff Taylor
4: Tyrus Thomas, Jamison
5: Biyombo, BJ Mullens

Is it good enough for the worst record in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom