• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

And it's a crappy sports market and no one will care. One season in L.A. after at least making the WCF and he'll change his tune really fast.

So will the extra year and extra $25 million or whatever it will be.

Nobody ditches Los Angeles for Atlanta for less money. Come on, people.
You don't think Atlanta will get hyped with some combo of Horford/Smith and Dwight?

Atlanta's a basketball town - we loved the Mookie, Steve Smith, Dikembe years. We've been lukewarm about this Hawks team as a result of ownership childishness and Billy Knight. Then again, I don't live there anymore and don't plan on living there again.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hell ya. I'm so ready for Jet to be gone. Haven't been able to stand his ass for the longest.

Not so fast!

ESPNSteinLine
But source stresses that Terry will go back to Mavs to give them chance to counter before finalizing three-year deal, believed to be at MLE

Don't think they'd match but you never know.

thekad

Banned
And it's a crappy sports market and no one will care. One season in L.A. after at least making the WCF and he'll change his tune really fast.

So will the extra year and extra $25 million or whatever it will be.

Nobody ditches Los Angeles for Atlanta for less money. Come on, people.

Atlanta will be a great basketball town with the CP3, Smith, Horford, and Dwight.

Definitely better than the Lakers with old Kobe and old Pau.

Mothman91

Landry getting paid....wtf. Didn't think anyone had it in them to sign him for that much. Nets don't have any more assets to trade for Dwight, so I'm thinking Lakers will try everything in themselves to land him. Deron will go to to the Nets imo...

so much stuff going on, pretty fun offseason so far.

Hopefully Ray doesn't go to the Clippers or the Grizzlies

Why would he go to the Heat when memphis, LAC, and Boston all offering him more money?

Did you just see that Boston has replaced him?

The other two can offer more $$$ but we can offer a better chance at winning and an organization with more stability

Atlanta will be a great basketball town with the CP3, Smith, Horford, and Dwight.

Can't have all 4.

Lakers and Celtics are different than everyone else. You don't leave those teams to play in a place like Atlanta for less money. It doesn't happen. Ever.

Hardware, and might be a little more palatable to come off the bench on a new team than have a diminishing role on the team you played a large role in getting a championship.

I'd be pretty shocked if he sacrificed that much money. Heat are offering less than half some other teams have.

Not so fast!

ESPNSteinLine
But source stresses that Terry will go back to Mavs to give them chance to counter before finalizing three-year deal, believed to be at MLE

Don't think they'd match but you never know.

They better not resign him, ugh...

And JLin gonna go talk to Houston? Wonder how much hes gonna get.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

They still won't sellout their playoff games.

Flash

so Fields contract is expected to look something like 5, 5, and 9 mil over three years? I ain't mad at that.

5 mil/year for him is reasonable, and in his final year we have a nice expiring contract we could always work with if he doesn't pan out. He would also expire along with Bargnani, Amir Johnson and (presumably) Nash's contracts so at least that'll give us some flexibility.

Why would he go to the Heat when memphis, LAC, and Boston all offering him more money?

Have to think signing Terry is pretty much withdrawing themselves from the Allen-race. Memphis and LA can offer $2 million more per year plus a starting spot, though. He'd have to really want to join LeBron getting a second ring.

Mothman91

Who thinks here that Lin will be a successful starting PG in the league? I'm sure he's going to get paid, but will he live up to it?

Boston is spending their money on KG and Terry. Memphis and LAC aren't contenders like the Heat. Ray said its not really about the money.

Boston can pay Allen whatever they want, they have his Birds rights.

And where did you hear Ray say it's not about the money? I heard it was the opposite with him going into this free agency. I think he stays in Boston, anyway.

Have to think signing Terry is pretty much withdrawing themselves from the Allen-race. Memphis and LA can offer $2 million more per year plus a starting spot, though. He'd have to really want to join LeBron getting a second ring.

Boston wants to keep Ray despite Terry according to reports. They play small-ball now. They still need him for that.

Brinbe

so Fields contract is expected to look something like 5, 5, and 9 mil over three years? I ain't mad at that.

5 mil/year for him is reasonable, and in his final year we have a nice expiring contract we could always work with if he doesn't pan out. He would also expire along with Bargnani, Amir Johnson and (presumably) Nash's contracts so at least that'll give us some flexibility.

Oh boy, another useless TPE or late 2nd-rounder. Can't wait! Let's see if BC can even unload Jose's expiring.

Anyway, it's all dependent on if Landry (duh) can regain his 3-pt shot. If he can, he's pretty much our Jared Dudley. If he can't, well, we already know BC is a desperate fool because James Johnson was a more effective offensive/defensive player last year.

Since Dwight opt'd in. He is getting 5 for 109 next summer.

Talk of him extending before going to the Lakers IS NOT HAPPENING. If he extends now, he only signs on for 3 years and 60 million. And that would include next season, so he'd lose like $68m dollars.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

The brother is going to FA, whether we like it or not.

*On only the next contract.

Chris Broussard just said on the radio that Jeremy lin will meet with the Rockets on Thurs.
Didn't the Rockets cut Lin...
ibfZ2RUNY3T1nx.gif

Boston wants to keep Ray despite Terry according to reports. They play small-ball now. They still need him for that.

I mean, shit, how small can you go? When could you ever play Terry and Ray at the same time? They'd get massacred on the defensive end. Never seen a team with two "sixth-man" types who play basically the same position (remember that Avery Bradley is still the starter).

Edit: not doubting that is what the reports say, just saying it makes little sense for them.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How are they going to play small ball when their offense is simply terrible all-around?

You don't think Atlanta will get hyped with some combo of Horford/Smith and Dwight?

Atlanta's a basketball town - we loved the Mookie, Steve Smith, Dikembe years. We've been lukewarm about this Hawks team as a result of ownership childishness and Billy Knight. Then again, I don't live there anymore and don't plan on living there again.

Would you go back to Atlanta if your employer promised to pay you less? BUT YOU'LL GET WORK WITH YOUR FRIEND.

Mxrz

Well maybe it should happen then, I'm tired of LA feeling entitled to everything going their way.
Yeah, but this would undoubtedly be the best situation for the Magic, too. We'd get the 2nd/3rd best center in the league, less J-Rich, maybe Crazy Ron and a pick, and Howard out of the conference. That might actually be better for Howard's image in the long run too. I could watch him on the Lakers with something less than seething rage.

Talon

Atlanta's somewhere below Golden State and Dallas and above Houston and Charlotte in my mind.

Fans may be straight-up delusional in Chicago, but the city is awesome.

Boston can pay Allen whatever they want, they have his Birds rights.

And where did you hear Ray say it's not about the money? I heard it was the opposite with him going into this free agency. I think he stays in Boston, anyway.

I remember him saying it in a interview near the end of the season. He wants another ring.

And which reports says the celtics want to keep both? He apparently is offended with coming behind Bradley. If they throw terry in the mix then I don't see him back. Plus this week he apparently had conference calls with the Heat, Grizzlies, Clippers, and Wolves.He so far is only meeting with Heat(Thursday) and the Clippers(Fri) who can only offer two mill more. I think we have a good shot.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/03/source-allen-to-visit-with-heat-clips/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

SamuraiX-

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Sixers announce F Arnett Moultrie, acquired on Draft night from Miami, suffered L ankle sprain on 6/25; won't play in Orlando Summer League.

I'm more interested in seeing Harkless play anyway.

Meier

JRudolphSports
Source: Lakers are prepared to offer the Andrew Bynum and Metta World Peace to the Magic for Dwight Howard provided Howard signs extension

So Dwight + JRich for Bynum + Ron sounds like whats on the table right now

If this deal happened, I would flip a fucking lid. If the Magic don't get numerous first rounders out of Dwight, then I'll lose all faith in this new guy. I don't care if they're late first rounders, there needs to at least appear to be some sort of investment in the future.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If this deal happened, I would flip a fucking lid. If the Magic don't get numerous first rounders out of Dwight, then I'll lose all faith in this new guy. I don't care if they're late first rounders, there needs to at least appear to be some sort of investment in the future.

Why? 3 first rounders from the Nets is worth shit. It's basically getting 3 picks somewhere around 20-25.

Bynum is one of the best centers in the league. MWP will be an expiring deal after this year, so its a less shitty contract compared to JRich (JRich + Duhon would also fit). It's miles better than what the Nets are offering.

Of course if it only happens with a Dwight extension then its not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom