• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Charlotte Lolcats Season Mix

hUZ03.gif

I was having a great time laughing along...

and then the end...I was not ready for that ending :(

I think signing either Beasley or Gordon will put you over the top of us, but playing in the West will definitely help you rack up losses.

There's zero chance we get Gordon and Beasley won't win us anything. Curious if we go through with signing Dragic back and how that might change things. Even if we sign the Dragon, there's no talent to play with him. No sir, we will tank the hardest!

Dwight goes to Lakers and Kobe still goes into KoMe mode and doesn't pass it to him. Dwight doesn't demand the ball. Early round playoff fail. That would be delicious.

Also, I don't see how Dwight going to LA helps Kobe shed the notion that most of his titles were won as his team's second-best player (and that he can't win without THE best C/PF in the game playing alongside him). That's assuming they win (which they won't).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I still can't believe they drafted MKG over Robinson or Beal. Particularly, Robinson. Their front court is laughable.
Its not like any of them were real standouts.

Beal, MKG, Barnes, Robinson - None of them did anything to really shine above the others. MKG was just the safest pick out of all of them.

Bowser

Its not like any of them were real standouts.

Beal, MKG, Barnes, Robinson - None of them did anything to really shine above the others. MKG was just the safest pick out of all of them.

I'd say Robinson was the safest, but I'm not mad at the MKG pick. If he pans out, he'll be a better version of Gerald Wallace, and I can live with that.

Also, I don't see how Dwight going to LA helps Kobe shed the notion that most of his titles were won as his team's second-best player (and that he can't win without THE best C/PF in the game playing alongside him). That's assuming they win (which they won't).

He's 15 years in. Kobe's legacy is set in stone and he doesn't have shit to prove anymore. Anybody who has that kind of "notion" is simply an idiot at this point.

There's zero chance we get Gordon and Beasley won't win us anything. Curious if we go through with signing Dragic back and how that might change things. Even if we sign the Dragon, there's no talent to play with him. No sir, we will tank the hardest!

As it stands now you're our top competition, may the worst team win.

I still feel Barnes/MKG are kind of a wash.

I wanted to save Trob though :(

You're crazy, MKG dominated Barnes both times they played against one another.

I still can't believe they drafted MKG over Robinson or Beal. Particularly, Robinson. Their front court is laughable.

Our frontcourt is terrible and I wanted Robinson badly, but there's always next year.

Check this roster out gaf:

1: Kemba Walker, DJ Augustin
2: Gerald Henderson, Ben Gordon
3: MKG, Jeff Taylor
4: Tyrus Thomas, Jamison
5: Biyombo, BJ Mullens

Is it good enough for the worst record in the league?

Damn. What year does the protection on the CHA pick for the Bulls expire? I think if it's 2014 or even 2015 we are golden.

I'd say Robinson was the safest, but I'm not mad at the MKG pick. If he pans out, he'll be a better version of Gerald Wallace, and I can live with that.

I think his ceiling is a poor man's Gerald Wallace. He might get less concussions though. The guy will never be able to score the ball reliably and that was Charlotte's biggest need. It was a Larry Brown draft pick.

Ian O'Connor ‏@Ian_OConnor
At least 1 member of Grunwald/Woodson administration not unhappy Fields is a goner. "Nice kid. Can't play." #knicks

perfect description. singing and shit is great but if you cant make buckets youre useless to your team.

though doesnt this effectively kill any chance we had of getting nash? considering fields would have been going to phoenix for that sign & trade.

That's cause he's crazy. What he does from here on out though is only icing on the cake. His resume is that of one of the best of all time.

Oh, I agree completely. He could go out and take a dump on the center court logo every game for the next 4-5 years, and he'd still go down as one of the best ever. I was just talking about what motivates him personally.

perfect description. singing and shit is great but if you cant make buckets youre useless to your team.

though doesnt this effectively kill any chance we had of getting nash? considering fields would have been going to phoenix for that sign & trade.
Unless Fields reneges Nash pipe dream is dead as DBZ Kinect.

DBZ+KINECT_826edb_3737938.gif

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Remember when Fields was untouchable in the Carmelo trade, but Galinari wasn't?

benjipwns

Banned
Where are you getting this hard cap, from? Your salary can be higher than $74 million via trades.
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25

Again, this exception is only available to teams that are below the "apron," i.e., below the point $4 million above the tax line. Teams above the apron instead must use the smaller Taxpayer Mid-Level exception (see below). Further, any team that uses its Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception cannot go above the apron for the remainder of that season. In other words, once a team uses its Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, the apron effectively becomes a hard cap for the remainder of that season. This eliminates any potential loophole where a team could first use its full Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception and subsequently add salary to go above the apron, since adding salary first and then using the exception would be illegal.
If the apron becomes a team's hard cap, it cannot exceed the apron under any circumstance. If the team subsequently needs to sign a player (for example, to replace injured players) it must first create room under the apron by waiving player(s) with non-guaranteed salary, waiving player(s) with guaranteed salary and utilizing the stretch provision, trading downward in salary, etc.

Unless Fields reneges Nash pipe dream is dead as DBZ Kinect.

DBZ+KINECT_826edb_3737938.gif

well, it was fun while it lasted :( like daydreaming about what lambo you would buy first if you won the lottery.

fields really came out on top though. i dont think he gives a fuck where he goes if hes getting 20mil over 3 years..

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
as long as they aren't wrestling gifs its ok.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/487386_10150996340783996_1406088765_n.jpg[/IMG

Good to see goran at home![/QUOTE]

He's wearing cargo jorts.

benjipwns

Banned
Somebody asked for the top player in the PER FA article, have three:
1. Ryan Anderson (2013 Age: 24)
Estimated PER: 21.8; Status: RFA

Anderson has always had sparkling per-minute numbers and last season, he took a major step forward in playing time. The combination of efficiency and opportunity marked him as an All-Star caliber talent. Unfortunately, his performance lagged after Dwight Howard was injured. With Howard potentially on his way out of Orlando, it's entirely possible that the new Magic regime will view him as too expensive to retain.

2. Brook Lopez (2013 Age: 24)
Estimated PER: 21.7; Status: RFA

It was just five games, but last season Lopez's problematic rebounding numbers were unbelievably low for an NBA center. His troubles in that area seem to get worse with each season. For the Nets, that may present a problem both in terms of counting on him as a building block and using him as a trade chip. While the defense and rebuilding are lax, few big men have Lopez's upside as a scorer. Brooklyn obviously won't let him walk, but whether Lopez remains a Net, he's got to be paired up with an impact interior defender.

3. Jeremy Evans (2013 Age: 25)
Estimated PER: 21.0; Status: RFA

You won't see Evans this high up on many top free-agent lists but, again, we're ranking players by a bottom-line metric. The fact of the matter is that Evans has been remarkably efficient so far in his career, posting a .665 true shooting percentage in two NBA seasons. Sure, that's because he dunks about everything he gets his hands on, but he's also got crazy-good shot-blocking numbers. He's only played 680 minutes in two NBA seasons and may be hopelessly stuck behind a logjam of big men in Utah. It would be really interesting to see what Evans could do with a regular rotation role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom