• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see goran at home!

I have to admit, seeing those pictures put a smile on my face. Still have my custom ordered Dragic jersey, just may not turn out to be a waste after all. Sure would make the Marshall pick seem wasted. Dragic being young, will play heavy minutes so not really enough time for Marshall to grow and be of use. Maybe force Dragic to sit in some stretches to build Marshall into trade bait? If Dragon does sign back on board, hope he knows we're taking for Shabbaz!

benjipwns

Banned
But you can still sign vet min, right? And I thought trades would still be legal. I'm a bit confused. I think this means you can't add salary via free agency above vet min, no?

It wouldn't make sense otherwise since you have to have 12 men on the roster and not all vet mins are under $500k.
I'd assume you would have to allow minimums, we'll have to see when a team actually does it.

They might just void the MLE signing and thus get rid of the hard cap. But leave you as a taxpayer.

Branduil

But you can still sign vet min, right? And I thought trades would still be legal. I'm a bit confused. I think this means you can't add salary via free agency above vet min, no?

It wouldn't make sense otherwise since you have to have 12 men on the roster and not all vet mins are under $500k.

You can always add vet minimum players. That's not the same thing as trading for a guy making $20 million, though.

I'd assume you would have to allow minimums, we'll have to see when a team actually does it.

They might just void the MLE signing.

I'm still not sure if this means they can't add salary through trades, though, cuz he only references signing players.

I still feel like you can trade for a player if you meet the trading rules for tay paying teams.

You can always add vet minimum players. That's not the same thing as trading for a guy making $20 million, though.

Not according to what benji posted re Vet min during the season.

giri

I have to admit, seeing those pictures put a smile on my face. Still have my custom ordered Dragic jersey, just may not turn out to be a waste after all. Sure would make the Marshall pick seem wasted. Dragic being young, will play heavy minutes so not really enough time for Marshall to grow and be of use. Maybe force Dragic to sit in some stretches to build Marshall into trade bait? If Dragon does sign back on board, hope he knows we're taking for Shabbaz!

They'd regularly run dragic at the 2 like they did with Nash & Goran, even if Goran came home, i'd expect kendall to get 20+mpg this season.

Gentry is pretty good at getting young guys minutes, and getting them to develop. I have faith!

Well, I just don't see how Deron picks Dallas now, but he needs to hurry up and announce it so that the Mavs can decide on their next direction. Feels like Gortat all over again.

They'd regularly run dragic at the 2 like they did with Nash & Goran, even if Goran came home, i'd expect kendall to get 20+mpg this season.

Gentry is pretty good at getting young guys minutes, and getting them to develop. I have faith!

That was the first thing I thought of but quickly realized that Goran won't go for that this time around. It's one thing to defer to Nash and another to defer to a rookie for point. Dragic has had time as a starter and played well, he wants to be someone's starting PG. Also, would we really want to pay him 8 or 9 mil per season to be a SG?

charsace

as long as they aren't wrestling gifs its ok.

487386_10150996340783996_1406088765_n.jpg

Good to see goran at home!

He's not gonna resign with the Suns. They traded him because he wasn't good enough to take over for Nash. He's just using the Suns to get better money from the Rockets.

benjipwns

Banned
I'm still not sure if this means they can't add salary through trades, though, cuz he only references signing players.

I still feel like you can trade for a player if you meet the trading rules for tay paying teams
Sure you could trade within the rules as long as you stay under the "hard cap" but wouldn't being able to go above it defeat the purpose of the cap? Especially if it's supposed to be a penalty for the rest of the season.

giri

That was the first thing I thought of but quickly realized that Goran won't go for that this time around. It's one thing to defer to Nash and another to defer to a rookie for point. Dragic has had time as a starter and played well, he wants to be someone's starting PG. Also, would we really want to pay him 8 or 9 mil per season to be a SG?
You can make kendall play the 2 then, he's 6'5"
He's not gonna resign with the Suns. They traded him because he wasn't good enough to take over for Nash. He's just using the Suns to get better money from the Rockets.

Rockets aren't paying him what he wants. Gentry is his favorite coach. We have a Starting PG spot. And our FO are morons who make dumb trades. Its entirely possible.

Sure you could trade within the rules as long as you stay under the "hard cap" but wouldn't being able to go above it defeat the purpose of the cap? Especially if it's supposed to be a penalty for the rest of the season.

I just assumed it was a hard cap strictly for signing players, not trades. Then again, Coon says under all circumstances. I just think it's odd they'd disallow trades that add $1 of salary.

Oh well.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Cavs signed WVU's undrafted Kevin Jones.

I'd say I like the move, but the standard has been set so low by the draft.

What's sick is that our FO could've drafted the kid with one of the fucking Zeller picks, and I wouldn't have been mad.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
RicBucher
Lost in the DH drama: GM Rob Hennigan's description of his ideal head coach supports league buzz that Nate McMillan is top choice.

Ugh. No thanks.

benjipwns

Banned
Peter Vecsey: Humphries won't be be back. Will try to do sign-&-trade for Ersan if Howard is unobtainable. Need 3d team

Fred Kerber: Sources confirm Post's Peter Vecsey tweet that ‪#Nets‬ again talking about Ersan Ilyasova if Howard deal falls through

Well, I just don't see how Deron picks Dallas now, but he needs to hurry up and announce it so that the Mavs can decide on their next direction. Feels like Gortat all over again.

Oh god, not the gortat saga.

What are the short term deal prospects looking like? There's always next offseason :(

oh yeah it is fake lol

Oh god, not the gortat saga.

What are the short term deal prospects looking like? There's always next offseason :(

Lol yeah Smith was a real dick head in that whole process. But not real sure, pretty sure the Mavs will have a sit down with Nash after Dwill commits to the Nets and then we still have to see whats gonna happen with Roy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
DarnellMayberry
Former Orlando center and Oklahoma City native Daniel Orton has emerged as a potential free agent target for OKC, The Oklahoman has learned.

Jeeze.

These fucking fake twitters are annoying. People RTing them is fucking shit up.

Ilyasova would be a great pickup for any team, BK included.

DCX

DCX
... which is the point. Fields stayed, Gallo didn't. The Knicks deemed the former untouchable.

You once said that you do what you need to do to get a Carmelo Anthony. I agreed then, and still do. Landry was a good find. He has regressed the moment we brought Melo in. He does nothing any other second rounder could do. Love ya Landry, but we won't pay you 20 over 3 years for flat line drive threes.

8Mill a year for Lin? Welcome back Failton :/

DCX

... which is the point. Fields stayed, Gallo didn't. The Knicks deemed the former untouchable.
Yes, because Gallo can't defend at SG. That's the point. And to be correct, Gallo HAD to be in the deal from Dever's perspective. Knicks could only talk them out of Fields.

Eh, I think it was more about Denver saying "no deal without Gallo, period." The Knicks didn't say "you can have gallo, but not fields. And we won't give fields in place of gallo."

Re: Lin with houston, I thought Houston used its cap space on Asik? huh?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
You once said that you do what you need to do to get a Carmelo Anthony. I agreed then, and still do. Landry was a good find. He has regressed the moment we brought Melo in. He does nothing any other second rounder could do. Love ya Landry, but we won't pay you 20 over 3 years for flat line drive threes.

DCX

How does that invalidate my statement that the Knicks deemed Fields untouchable at the time of the trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom