• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can make kendall play the 2 then, he's 6'5"

While it's noted that his ability to score is underated as it wasn't asked of him at NC and we can surely make him a better shooter, I think plugging him in at the 2 is a huge stretch... Anyway, this was a half hour or so ago:

still meeting w FA PG Goran Dragic. Has a house in PHX, will stay a few days, likely to meet again. Source adds, "Lot of moving parts" Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1zbKxGVQ4

Wonder if moving parts is a reference to Marshall?

DCX

DCX
How does that invalidate my statement that the Knicks deemed Fields untouchable at the time of the trade?

Amar'e was the only Knick untouchable. I was ok with Fields leaving. I had a soft spot for Gallo and Mozgof :(

DCX

Good for the Rockets. Seems like a solid deal. It'll be poisoned pill too. Knicks won't keep him.
You'd think that... I'll wait until July 11th though. Knicks still have the Early Bird Rights to fall back on, and considering how much he makes MSG on revenue/Asian community they'll make every attempt to sign him. If you don't think so you didn't see the stock ticker pre/post Linsanity.

Will NY match his 8 mil deal? I think Darkside is right about it probably being poison pilled too.
so what are we talking, 5/5/8? 3 years, $18 mill? NY will match that in a second.

Again, dude brings in a shitton of revenue in a city with a huge Asian community.
...what? How/why?
You know the hilarious thing reilo? I was about to tell people to get off the crack, then I looked at the East... 6th isn't even out of the realm of possibility. We don't know what the rosters will be. Everything to rumored/possibly/maybe/hopefully/verbal agreements right now.

You once said that you do what you need to do to get a Carmelo Anthony. I agreed then, and still do. Landry was a good find. He has regressed the moment we brought Melo in. He does nothing any other second rounder could do. Love ya Landry, but we won't pay you 20 over 3 years for flat line drive threes.

8Mill a year for Lin? Welcome back Failton :/

DCX

WELCOME BACK FELT DOG.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
so what are we talking, 5/5/8? 3 years, $18 mill? NY will match that in a second.

Again, dude brings in a shitton of revenue in a city with a huge Asian community.

If its 8 per then 5/5/13.

For 2014/2015

Melo: 24 million
Amare: 23 million
Chandler: 15 million

Just those 3 guys alone pretty much will put them over the cap. And by then being over the cap, especially as a repeat offender, is going to cost teams astronomically. I could see the Knicks matching somehow but it'd be pretty dicey.

I really hope Lin gets more than Fields (20m), at least Lin was good for 3 weeks. Fields is lucky if he plays well for consecutive games.

I assume it'll be done like Asik's deal. $5 million in the first year.

It counts as $8 mil every year. It's averaged. edit: for Houston, not Knicks.

Hollinger mentioned they had jsut $8 mil in cap space. But I wonder if this cap space comes from renouncing Dragic's rights and possibly courtney Lee.

Barrage

Is there anything stopping Lin from signing a 1 -year/ 5-Mil contract, then hitting the open market next year? How long are the limitations to his max salary in place?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
somebody offer Tim Duncan a large amount of money to play 40 games a season please.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
i can't imagine Lin leaving the marketing machine on Madison Ave. for Houston.

or maybe he realizes that he won't get shit done with Melo hogging the ball every possession down the court.

edit: mixed up Landry's move with Lin's possible move.

If its 8 per then 5/5/13.

For 2014/2015

Melo: 24 million
Amare: 23 million
Chandler: 15 million

Just those 3 guys alone pretty much will put them over the cap. And by then being over the cap, especially as a repeat offender, is going to cost teams astronomically. I could see the Knicks matching somehow but it'd be pretty dicey.
Ah I thought the poison pill was 8 mill.

If I was the Knicks I try to offer Lin a 5 year, $30 mill deal. They don't have to beat the money as long as they can lengthen the deal.
Code:
[U]Years      Salary Per      Salary Escalating[/U]
1	   $5,000,000	   $5,000,000
2	   $5,525,000	   $10,525,000
3	   $6,050,000	   $16,575,000
4	   $6,575,000	   $23,150,000
5	   $7,100,000	   $30,250,000
Then again, I need to see what the Knicks can offer him under the CBA.

EDIT: Going by the last Jeremy Lin report by Grunwald/MSG they're going to sign Lin no matter what. So it seems they're prepared for this.

Ah I thought the poison pill was 8 mill.

If I was the Knicks I try to offer Lin a 5 year, $30 mill deal. They don't have to beat the money as long as they can lengthen the deal.
Code:
[U]Years      Salary Per      Salary Escalating[/U]
1	   $5,000,000	   $5,000,000
2	   $5,525,000	   $10,525,000
3	   $6,050,000	   $16,575,000
4	   $6,575,000	   $23,150,000
5	   $7,100,000	   $30,250,000
Then again, I need to see what the Knicks can offer him under the CBA.

That is the best the Knicks can offer him under the CBA, I think.

Lin can get 4/32 from Rockets. Why wouldn't he take 3/24 over 5/30?

Vire

Been a crazy day at work- what's the deal w ray Allen to Miami I've been hearing?
Jason Terry signed a 3 year deal with Boston, so that has led people to believe that Shuttlesworth is on his way out.

Ray is coming to visit on Thursday and talk to The Godfather.

giri

It counts as $8 mil every year. It's averaged. edit: for Houston, not Knicks.

Hollinger mentioned they had jsut $8 mil in cap space. But I wonder if this cap space comes from renouncing Dragic's rights and possibly courtney Lee.

If they renounce C.Lee they're idiots.

And i hope the suns pick him up. (Or chicago, or the t-wolves. He'd be GREAT at at the wolves.)

He gets more years, more money in a city where he'd be a God no matter how he played?

Then again last guy to turn that down went to South Beach.

It's not really more money. To get equal money, he'd only have to earn 2 year, $6 mil cntract after it, which is pretty much a lock.

He could sign for 3/24 and then get a huge bump if he's any good to like 4/40. The Knicks can't offer him as much earning potential, not even close.

someone in his position can't take the Knicks offer.

Brinbe

Welp, there's the first domino to fall... Wonder if Cubes makes more of a run at Nash now that he's missed out on Deron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom