• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
As he just announced on Twitter, @DeronWilliams chooses five-year, $100M deal with Nets over four-year, $75M deal w/hometown Mavericks

Dat $25 mil extra.

Deron
Joe J
G Wallace
Ilyasova
Lopez

Not bad, honestly.

Damn Jason Kidd, what the fuck were you doing the whole time you were up there? But yeah, Dwill was definitely lying about winning being his main priority. Now he gets to play with Joe Johnson as his second best player for the next 5 years lol.

Brinbe

Well, they'll be 2nd-round good (neohawks future), but not sure they're a contender, and even their window's questionable depending on how Johnson/Wallace hold up.

Also, that 25 mil is exactly why the Magic held all the cards with Dwight... like he's gonna fucking leave that money on the table.

SUPREME1

Banned
So what is more likely to happen?

1. Dwight pouts and cries until Orlando gives in and trades him to NJ/BK. Orlando receives Lopez, Kardashian, more filler and shit picks.

2. Orlando doesn't give a shit about what Dwight wants, and/or simply prefers a package of Bynum, MWP and shit picks.

Yeah, Dwight might want to head to NJ/BK even more now that Deron is officially staying on... but how much leverage does he have left (if any)?

Damn Jason Kidd, what the fuck were you doing the whole time you were up there? But yeah, Dwill was definitely lying about winning being his main priority. Now he gets to play with Joe Johnson as his second best player for the next 5 years lol.
strange should have went to the mavs to play with clutchvitzki.

After taxes and cost of living differences, I doubt the difference is anywhere close to 25 million. But is there really that much greater a chance of winning in Dallas? If they get Dwight, they'll have Williams, Dwight, Johnson, and Wallace. Not a bad team at all. Much better than DWill, Dirk, the ghost of Jason Kidd, Marion, and whatever crap they put on the roster after that. I think he made the right decision financially and in terms of chances of winning.

Branduil

After taxes and cost of living differences, I doubt the difference is anywhere close to 25 million. But is there really that much greater a chance of winning in Dallas? If they get Dwight, they'll have Williams, Dwight, Johnson, and Wallace. Not a bad team at all. Much better than DWill, Dirk, the ghost of Jason Kidd, Marion, and whatever crap they put on the roster after that.

Nets can't get Dwight.

Cloudy

Banned
On the other hand at least we'll always have a title. Good luck getting one of those with Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez, and Gerald Wallace.

IMO the current Nets roster is better and younger than the Mavs w/o JET. They actually have a big and some impact swing men

SUPREME1

Banned
Nets can't get Dwight.

How about next year if he decides to test FA? As in, he's traded to the _____ and then he decides he still wants to play with Deron. Would teh Nets have enough cap space to sign him outright?

Please answer this the way I want you to answer it. Brandy pls.

After taxes and cost of living differences, I doubt the difference is anywhere close to 25 million. But is there really that much greater a chance of winning in Dallas? If they get Dwight, they'll have Williams, Dwight, Johnson, and Wallace. Not a bad team at all. Much better than DWill, Dirk, the ghost of Jason Kidd, Marion, and whatever crap they put on the roster after that. I think he made the right decision financially and in terms of chances of winning.

Johnson/Wallace/Lopez < Dirk.

If they can get Howard, that'd be a different story.

So, the Mavs wasted a year of Dirk for nothing... LOL

I 100% guarantee that J-Lin will get a long term deal with the New York Knicks. MSG stock prices need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom