• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
So many ups, so many downs. My jar of bitter NBA tears is over capacity already and the season is still many months away.

Bowser

If Orlando does accept the shit sandwich for D-Ho, Nets will be contenders for 2 years (Joe J and Wallace will be worthless and dead, respectively, after 2 years)

And to all the cap experts out there. Even with the rumored Howard trade, how would the Nets have the money to sign Howard with both JJ & DWill making max money and Wallace on a 40 million dollar deal?

Brinbe

If anyone's interested, Lithuania (and Valanciunas) are playing Venezuela @ 8 Eastern in some off-season pre-Olympics action. Firstrow should have it up.

And there's almost zero chance Dwight ends up a Net now. He ruined his chance long ago with the opt-in since the Magic have never liked what the Nets have been offering.

gotta compete with the Celts/76ers/Pacers/Bulls, and of course the HEAT. I'd take all of those teams, healthy of course, over the Nets.

Speaking of that, what's Johnsons fg% gonna be come playoffs? I say 40%

Flash

If Raptors manage to pick up Nash then all of the teams in the Atlantic division will be competing for playoffs. lol

I would honestly not mind a bit if we traded Dirk now. Let him finish his career somewhere with a shot at competing. He deserves that. Not that Dwill alone would have made Dallas a contender, but yeah. The front office's years of shit contracts and shit drafting came back to bite them in the ass today.

KingJ2002

With this done... the lakers must not pursue dwight howard and instead focus on building their bench with shooters. dwight will try to make his way to brooklyn to bet a net and build another big 3.

Keep Bynum and fix the bench... the lakers went to the 2nd round with a crappy bench... let's get some good role players and get back to the finals.

cacophony

lmao I hope Lin comes back to Houston, it would give something to be a little bit excited about next year. I still can't believe we cut him over Jonny fucking Flynn.

squicken

@JeromeSolomon Everyone else buying Boardwalk, Park Place, Pacific Ave.,Daryl Morey is buying Baltic Avenue #MoreyMonopoly

Guess the In Morey We Trust thing is dead?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
lmao I hope Lin comes back to Houston, it would give something to be a little bit excited about next year. I still can't believe we cut him over Jonny fucking Flynn.
I don't even understand why we're discussing this BS.

The Bulls have the title on lock once they get Brandon Roy and Kirk Hinrich.

KingGondo

Banned
@JeromeSolomon Everyone else buying Boardwalk, Park Place, Pacific Ave.,Daryl Morey is buying Baltic Avenue #MoreyMonopoly

Guess the In Morey We Trust thing is dead?
There are only so many blue chip guys, and whoever doesn't get them ends up overpaying for mediocrity. Free agency is a hard way to build a winning team unless you
tamper and collude with multiple stars
get lucky (like the Heat did).

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Dallas just playing out the next 2 seasons so they can sign LeBron and Bosh.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah, Dwight might want to head to NJ/BK even more now that Deron is officially staying on... but how much leverage does he have left (if any)?

he still holds all the cards with not resigning... and he gains more leverage if he stays on the roster until the season starts...

Kogepan

Dallas just playing out the next 2 seasons so they can sign LeBron and Bosh.

So instead of bringing back Tyson Chandler and making a legitimate run this year, they went for cap space instead, and now their best hope is to get a decrepit Steve Nash?

Branduil

he still holds all the cards with not resigning... and he gains more leverage if he stays on the roster until the season starts...

But he doesn't have the leverage to say "trade me to Brooklyn or I'll go there in the offseason!" because they now have zero cap room. He can only be traded there, and why would Orlando do that when the Rockets' or Lakers' have better offers? Plus I'm not sure it's even possible for Brooklyn to fit Dwight into their cap.

Blackace

alllso Joe Johnson with a real PG should be real interesting...I really think he could come back into form with D Wil

pilonv1

Loved the Raptors trolling of the Knicks before. Hilarious stuff.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Housekeeping note: Rockets swingman Courtney Lee is now an unrestricted free agent after Rockets withdraw his qualifying offer

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
Housekeeping note: Rockets swingman Courtney Lee is now an unrestricted free agent after Rockets withdraw his qualifying offer

Good luck getting that Ariza money. Lol.

He has zero leverage. The only way he ends up on Brooklyn is if the Magic trade him. They have zero obligation to do so, other teams looking for a rental can field competitive offers that are at least on par with the Nets.

Blackace

But he doesn't have the leverage to say "trade me to Brooklyn or I'll go there in the offseason!" because they now have zero cap room. He can only be traded there, and why would Orlando do that when the Rockets' or Lakers' have better offers? Plus I'm not sure it's even possible for Brooklyn to fit Dwight into their cap.

that's not a real card anyways... the problem is most teams don't want to give up assets for a one year rental..

Kogepan

Sign and trade lopez/humphries?

But that doesn't make sense for Orlando, they would be better off just keeping Dwight this year and letting him walk.

Only way they deal Dwight is if somebody eats Jrich/Hedo as well and theres no way that can happen with the Nets.

They'll shit on Crash, reneg and get Dwight in there.

Well, I must say, at least I got in on basketball as soon as Dirk got here, but it's gonna be kinda sad to see us waste his final years. I hope he retires or just asks for a trade, Cubes has screwed him over with all the shitty contracts he signed throughout the years.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
For Kris Humphries to stay with Nets, he would have to accept the veteran's minimum salary and that isn't happening. So consider him gone.

LuchaShaq

Banned
1. Giant LOL at the Raptors for offering Fields 20 mil. The guy isn't even as good as alot of D-league players. 25% on 3s and mediocre D? Lock him up!

2. Mavs fans have to feel awful after losing Chandler for nothing now.

3. Danny Ferry was incompetent with the cavs but has turned ATL from 4-8 seed first/2nd round exit for the next five years into a team with a potentially crazy roster. I'm genuinely shocked.

4. Howard is one of the dumbest athletes in the history of sports for taking the 1 year option before the all star break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom