• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
If they really hope to sign Lin and passed up on Dragic to do it, then I am also confused as hell. Well, not really, but it becomes apparent that they're after that Chinese money and could give fuck all about basketball.

Seriously :\

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I still can't believe the Nets traded for Joe Johnson.

I mean... If that's really what Deron wanted, then he's dumb and the Nets are even dumber for accommodating him.

Deron looked so depressed during the five, or six Nets games ((even during games where he was going off) I saw during the season I never thought he would resign unless Howard was already in uniform.

SamuraiX-

The report indicates that Houston can make a 4-year, $40 million contract offer to Lin where the final 2 years would be worth $15 million per season.

Please let this happen.

The clowning would be eternal.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
http://www.csnnw.com/pages/landingd...nts-no-part-of-t=1&blockID=735074&feedID=8351
Nic Batum does not want to return to the Portland Trail Blazers, according to an NBA source close to the situation.

Batum, a free agent who visited the Minnesota Timberwolves this week, is said to have told the Blazers Tuesday that he does not want to return to the team under any circumstances.

Minnesota has reportedly offered Batum $45 million over four seasons but is said to be willing to negotiate a sign-and-trade deal with the Trail Blazers for a package that might include players and future draft choices. Batum's agent tried to negotiate a contract extension during the season but believes the team low-balled him with an offer estimated around $6 million.

"Batum never wants to play in Portland again," the source said. "And has determined that Minnesota is the best for him and his family."

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The report indicates that Houston can make a 4-year, $40 million contract offer to Lin where the final 2 years would be worth $15 million per season.

0225_tm65.gif

Joe had a really good season last year... I think he is underrated because of the dumb max contract... but I love the dude's tools and bball (scorers) IQ..

He was pretty bad in the playoffs wasn't he? lol

Deron looked so depressed during the five, or six Nets games ((even during games where he was going off) I saw during the season I never thought he would resign unless Howard was already in uniform.

I think this had more to do with his wife an shit than it did about winnin

Mayo would also be a good fit on the Wolves and so would Eric G..
god would be scary actually.. the wolves would be awesome..
I don't understand why Kahn is going to overpay Batum $12 million a year. Pek is going to be commanding at least 8 figures next year, along with Rubio in a couple of years. Mayo at $6-7 million a year is a damn bargain. He'll be better suited playing with a PG like Rubio. Batum also plays the same position as Derrick Williams who they drafted #2 last year.

pilonv1

Meanwhile, several teams are interested in McGuire, according to the source. None more than Minnesota, which wants to pair McGuire with Nicolas Batum — Portland’s restricted free agent who the Timberwolves signed to an offer sheet.

More forwards Kahn?

thekad

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Dallas is considering this too: Take a step back, clear cap space for the summer of 2013 and chase free agents Dwight Howard and Chris Paul.

Another year with Dirk wasted.

Awesome

Banned
Knicks should let Lin go, if they can get Nash or Kidd or even Paul next year the fans will forget about Lin and will be a much better pickup. Whoever signs Lin to that fat contract is making a huge mistake.

reilo

Rodeo:

Jason Quick said:
Sounds like agent for @nicolas88batum is at it again, trying to create contentious environment to provide some illusion of leverage. #rookie

Flash

why did Mayo fall off after his sophmore year? I think any team that signs him for 6-7mil/year could have themselves a potential steal (compared to the others some of these other guys are getting...)

$40 million for Lin? $30 million for Asik? $12 million a year for Batum!?! GOOD THING WE HAD THAT LOCKOUT GUYS!

Yep, the sad part is we'll be indirectly paying a chunk of these morons via rev share and our contract with Time Warner.

Paid to stay free, amazing.

Sounds like agent for @nicolas88batum is at it again, trying to create contentious environment to provide some illusion of leverage. #rookie

Eh, I'm curious as to why we haven't tried something to get him. Waiting for Dwight might be pointless.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Knicks should let Lin go, if they can get Nash or Kidd or even Paul next year the fans will forget about Lin and will be a much better pickup. Whoever signs Lin to that fat contract is making a huge mistake.

Dolan owns cable-vision

When Lin plays ratings are up

When ratings are up they make more money

Lin isnt leaving because Dolan wants his money, he doesn't care about wining.

reilo

Batum's agent is an amateur, but we all knew that already.

Joe Freeman said:
Agreed. RT @jwquick: Doesn't sound like @nicolas88batum I know RT @dwightjaynes Source: Batum has no desire play in PDX:bit.ly/KSl8Ow

There's a reason Batum's agent went to Dwight Jaynes with that bullshit and not Quick or Freeman.

Pimpwerx

The only thing the CBA has done is gotten role players overpaid. Those Lin and Fields contracts are LOL-worthy. I wish I was tall and talentless. PEACE.

reilo

Jason Quick said:
Still waiting for Minnesota's David Kahn or Batum's camp to put their money where their mouth is ... still all talk, no agreement.

Awesome

Banned
Dolan owns cable-vision

When Lin plays ratings are up

When ratings are up they make more money

Lin isnt leaving because Dolan wants his money, he doesn't care about wining.

When Knicks end up not being able to do anything contract wise because they are stuck with this contract people will be calling for Dolan's head, that is the way a lot of fans think here in NYC. If Lin stinks it up he will be on the bench and nobody is going to tune in for an overpaid bench player taking up 10 minutes a game, people don't watch the Mavericks for Yi and won't tune in for Lin when he ends up playing like garbage and losing games for the Knicks.

Branduil

Deron has no one to blame but himself when he ends his career ringless.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Guys, I don't actually think Batum is coming to the Wolves. It would take a sign and trade and why would Portland do that? That would take some savvy that David Kahn doesn't possess.

When Knicks end up not being able to do anything contract wise because they are stuck with this contract people will be calling for Dolan's head, that is the way a lot of fans think here in NYC. If Lin stinks it up he will be on the bench and nobody is going to tune in for an overpaid bench player taking up 10 minutes a game, people don't watch the Mavericks for Yi and won't tune in for Lin when he ends up playing like garbage and losing games for the Knicks.

Have you not watched the knicks for the last 12 years this is par for the course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom