• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
^Knicks will match

So far we've lost: Goran Dragic, Samuel Dalembert, Chase Budinger, Courtney Lee, and Marcus Camby

This team is going to look a lot different than the team no one watched last season.

SamuraiX-

The Knicks actually have good players now though, that is the difference.

EQKn6.gif

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Speaking of amateurs:

Joe Freeman said:
The latest Batum "development" smells like David Kahn to me. Sounds nothing like @nicolas88batum #justmyopinion

AND THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN:

@nicolas88batum said:
trust me I didn't...

Jason Quick said:
And that "story" lasted four minutes RT @nicolas88batu trust me I didn't...

I don't understand why Kahn is going to overpay Batum $12 million a year. Pek is going to be commanding at least 8 figures next year, along with Rubio in a couple of years. Mayo at $6-7 million a year is a damn bargain. He'll be better suited playing with a PG like Rubio. Batum also plays the same position as Derrick Williams who they drafted #2 last year.

OJ is really bad though while Batum is pretty good. They can just trade Williams for a SG if they want to balance the roster, he still has a lot of value.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Get Batum, Get C.Lee Get Healthy.

God the wolves could be a beast. And all under kahn.

so weird.

They're going to end up overpaying for like OJ Mayo and calling it a day. But they'll talk about how hard they tried. It's all fake hustle like that year they "went after" Rudy Gay and David Lee and ...

Cloudy

Banned
Hmm. Nash is a huge improvement on offense but what does he have left in the tank? An old-ass backcourt of Kobe and Nash doesn't look good vs. OKC

OJ is really bad though while Batum is pretty good. They can just trade Williams for a SG if they want to balance the roster, he still has a lot of value.
Even a guy like Courtney Lee makes more sense from a financial viewpoint. If the Wolves lose Pek because Kahn wanted to spend $12 million on a SF role player, I can live with the Blazers not wanting to do with it.

giga

^Knicks will match

So far we've lost: Goran Dragic, Samuel Dalembert, Chase Budinger, Courtney Lee, and Marcus Camby

This team is going to look a lot different than the team no one watched last season.
If they do, I'd like to thank morey for thoroughly fucking up the Knicks books. 40 million bahah.

WELCOME HOME FELT DOG.

Knicks would be stupid to match that for a dude who was just in the d league no too long ago. We only received a small sample size with him, and we've seen the worst too.

Cloudy

Banned
Why would Nash sign with the Lakers for the min when teams are offering him $8-12 million a year?

I was reading talk of a sign and trade with the Suns using the TPE. That said, I don't see how Nash is worth over $10 mil per at this stage but if guys like Lin and Batum are getting huge deals....lol

They have; on Mirza Teletovic.

They used it on some foreign guy.

Oh wow, looks like you guys are right. Why the hell would you rush to give this dude a mid-level before seeing where the Deron/Dwight chips fall? So goddamn stupid.

Edit: How do mid-levels work? They were well below the cap and apron when they signed Teletovic... would they even have needed to use the mid-level? Could they just absorb his contract on their salary like usual (i.e., not use the mid-level anyway, thereby avoiding the hard cap)?

I was reading talk of a sign and trade with the Suns using the TPE. That said, I don't see how Nash is worth over $10 mil per at this stage but if guys like Lin and Batum are getting huge deals....lol

What's in it for the Suns if they do that though? A 2nd round pick?

thekad

Banned
Aldridge said:
But the Mavericks, according to a league source, have other possibilities if they can’t get Nash, including Clippers free agent Randy Foye, and Aaron Brooks, who played last season in China.

lmao

SamuraiX-

Looks like our FO still has a hard-on to overpay a 31-year old AK-47 should he decide to come back to the NBA this season.

Not sure if want... :-/

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Despite ankle injury, No. 1 overall pick Anthony Davis will report to Team USA training camp in Vegas this week, source tells Y! Sports.
It is unclear how soon Davis will be able to get on the court, but Team USA will be patient to give him time to heal sprained ankle.
With Lamar Odom pulling out, Team USA needs frontcourt help and Davis has been determined to try and play in the London Olympics.

What a boss.

That'd be amazing if he could still play. The Olympics don't start until next month anyway. You could put him on the roster and just sit him out of the scrimmage games.

What the...

Somebody check on Brandi. :|

Houston wants that Chinese money. I don't blame em, I'd want it too.

Also, I think tanking is tougher during the FA period than it is during the season. It sucks not being an active player in FA.

DCX

DCX
Knicks shouldn't resign. Sign Kidd or Nash and move on. Sign JR/Novack and see if Shawne or Rashard will sign for min.

DCX

Steve Nash is allowing the Knicks time to create a sign-and-trade deal that would be acceptable to the Suns while also getting him a higher salary, according to a source.

Landry Fields was one player Phoenix was known to have interest in, but he agreed to a $20 million, three-year offer sheet with the Raptors on Tuesday that takes him out of the running.

Toronto has a three-year, $36 million offer on the table to Nash.

Via David Aldridge

Tony Douglas or Jorts but not both.

aznpxdd

Nooo I hope Brooks stays in China, he plays in the City I'm in! I want to catch a couple of games with him playing at least.

benjipwns

Banned
Oh wow, looks like you guys are right. Why the hell would you rush to give this dude a mid-level before seeing where the Deron/Dwight chips fall? So goddamn stupid.

Edit: How do mid-levels work? They were well below the cap and apron when they signed Teletovic... would they even have needed to use the mid-level? Could they just absorb his contract on their salary like usual (i.e., not use the mid-level anyway, thereby avoiding the hard cap)?
Nets were keeping their cap holds so they could use the MLE, they're technically over the cap.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
When you can give up a 22 year old developing, top defensive SG for a 38 year old defenseless PG, you got to do it.

It'll be like Linsanity every night, except no one will give a shit.

Kidd, unlike Lin, knows how to play point..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom