• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Luke Harangody has signed his $1.1 million qualifying offer to stay with the Cleveland Cavaliers, league source tells Y! Sports.

Did he... even get playing time last season?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They aren't actually obligated to hold true to their words with some of these deals are they?

I mean like there is no way Reggie Evans is the reason they can't actually get Dwight. No way.

Yes. Lakers making a push for Nash. I told you it makes the most sense for Lakers. I still doubt he comes, but I don't want to hear the bullshit regarding Buss. he's trying to get Nash and trade Bynum for Howard. Exactly what every Laker fan should want.

Nash-Sessions
Kobe-Jrich
Ebanks/Grant Hill
Pau-McBobs (or Hill)
Dwight - Pau

Done and Done. PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN.

No chance he goes to Lakers. He already stated in an eloquent manner that he couldn't play for the Lakers. Even if he did want to play for the Lakes, you guys don't have shit that we'd want in a S/T.

They aren't actually obligated to hold true to their words with some of these deals are they?

I mean like there is no way Reggie Evans is the reason they can't actually get Dwight. No way.

Correct, until July 11 they can back out of any deal. But the problem is that the whole point of the BK trade was Orlando sending off Hedo and Duhon. But the JJ trade and Deron signing makes that impossible, so why is Orlando going to even bother trading?

And the JJ trade is official.

No chance he goes to Lakers. He already stated in an eloquent manner that he couldn't play for the Lakers. Even if he did want to play for the Lakes, you guys don't have shit that we'd want in a S/T.

He didn't say he wouldn't play, he implied he probably wouldn't. But you never know. And I did say I doubt he comes.

The S/T doesn't matter. Suns will take a 2nd rounder or 2 like Miami did for Lebron. It's better than Nash walking. Lakers could also send money, which they love.

giri

They're going to end up overpaying for like OJ Mayo and calling it a day. But they'll talk about how hard they tried. It's all fake hustle like that year they "went after" Rudy Gay and David Lee and ...

OJ Mayo wouldn't be a bad signing though. He actually played quite good defense last year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Chris_Broussard
Eric Gordon and the Phoenix Suns agree to a Maximum Offer sheet worth $58 million over 4 years, sources said.

It's Broussard. So yeah.

He didn't say he wouldn't play, he implied he probably wouldn't. But you never know. And I did say I doubt he comes.

The S/T doesn't matter. Suns will take a 2nd rounder or 2 like Miami did for Lebron. It's better than Nash walking. Lakers could also send money, which they love.

That's how Nash says he wouldn't. You can believe what you like of course, but I promise you there's no chance. As far as the S/T, NY has already offered money and expiring/waivable players and likely would pay him more so why would he choose LA over NY? He has a home in NY and contending doesn't seem to be as high a priority as it should be if Toronto is supposed to be a top contender.

SamuraiX-

Chris_Broussard
Eric Gordon and the Phoenix Suns agree to a Maximum Offer sheet worth $58 million over 4 years, sources said.

It's Broussard. So yeah.

kaODr.jpg

Chris_Broussard

It's Broussard. So yeah.

Hornets will match, IMO.

That's how Nash says he wouldn't. You can believe what you like of course, but I promise you there's no chance. As far as the S/T, NY has already offered money and expiring/waivable players and likely would pay him more so why would he choose LA over NY? He has a home in NY and contending doesn't seem to be as high a priority as it should be if Toronto is supposed to be a top contender.

Lakers can offer more money than Knicks. And Knicks got fucked by the Fields thing, already. NY has no chance.

giri

Chris_Broussard

It's Broussard. So yeah.

Now sign goran

it's on!

WOO!

BEST MORRIS.

other such exciting random words put together.

You always knew you had to pay him the Max NO, stop trying to be cheap.

Jon Gruden can eat a dick nori

No we don't! We still have an option for tanking for a third year if we need to.

But seriously, we don't have to run out and sign anyone. Its great. Eventually we'll need a point guard though.

This is definitely an option, but our guys have to buy into it though. If MKG/Bismack/Kemba start to give up on the team we're going to have to speed up things a bit.

Omega

Banned
Raptors are the greatest.

I'm so happy they took Fields. Dude was such a bum. I was afraid the Knicks would try to give him some stupid contract like they normally do.

lol @ max contract for Eric Gordan. He's missed more games than he's actually played, and when he has played he hasn't been max contract worthy.

This lockout was so pointless. Owners wanted to "protect themselves" against bad contracts and yet they're still handing them out like candy.

Now sign goran

it's on!

WOO!

BEST MORRIS.

other such exciting random words put together.

You always knew you had to pay him the Max NO, stop trying to be cheap.

They're not being cheap. They're just making sure they commit less money and 1 less year. Phx is being played.

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
Source confirms New Orleans restricted free agent SG Eric Gordon has agreed to sign a max offer from Phoenix. Hornets expected to match

Broussard actually broke something correctly!

lol @ Gordon saying he doesn't want to go back to New Orleans. Why wouldn't he rather play with Davis?

BUT...Gordon going hard with public comments that he'd rather be in Phoenix than NO, says in a statement given to ESPN and Arizona Republic, "After visiting the Suns, the impression the organization made on me was incredible. Mr. (Robert) Sarver, Lon Babby, Lance Blanks, the front office staff and Coach (Alvin) Gentry run a first-class organization, and I strongly feel they are the right franchise for me. Phoenix is just where my heart is now."

lol.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I think for Rocket fans, the first sign that your team was doomed was when Morey hired McHale

Fucking awful pick for head coach and was a sign of shit to come.

It's just the full reality for me has hit harder than I thought it would.

They can't even tank right :|

SamuraiX-

Eric Gordon said:
"After visiting the Suns, the impression the organization made on me was incredible. Mr. (Robert) Sarver, Lon Babby, Lance Blanks, the front office staff and Coach (Alvin) Gentry run a first-class organization, and I strongly feel they are the right franchise for me. Phoenix is just where my heart is now."

"Robert Sarver" and "first-class organization" being used in the same sentence is downright blasphemous.

TROLL SO HARD

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The New Orleans Hornets will match the 4-year, $58 million offer sheet Eric Gordon agreed to sign with Phoenix, league source tells Y!
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Hornets plan on matching four-year, $58 million offer sheet guard Eric Gordon plans to sign with the Suns, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

Keep fuckin' dat chicken, EG.

Omega

Banned
D12 to Brooklyn is basically dead. I don't see Orlando accepting Lopez over Bynum. Time to move on, Brooklyn media.

Even though this is obvious to everyone except ESPN and Nets fans, it's still good to see more proof.

So happy that piece of shit isn't coming to NY.

Jonm1010

Banned
It will be interesting to see how all this shakes out. Can't understand Gordon's comments though.

Frankly If he's going to be a dick I don't think the hornets let him go to Phoenix since they have nothing in a sign and trade worth anything(maybe unprotected picks)? If he truly wants to leave the hornets are most certainly going to sign and trade him somewhere where they can get something worth a damn in return.

Even though this is obvious to everyone except ESPN and Nets fans, it's still good to see more proof.

So happy that piece of shit isn't coming to NY.

That was an ESPN article, fwiw. Most people in the media, and well anyone of us, don't know all the intricacies of the cap.

I didn't even know about this hard cap rule til today.

Can multiple people share an ESPN Insider account?

Myself and a couple of friends want to split one for Hollinger's stuff

I've had it work in the past.

Eric Gordon is going to have to settle for being one of the most overpaid players in the NBA and a second best player on a potential title team, so lame for him.

It will be interesting to see how all this shakes out. Can't understand Gordon's comments though.

Frankly I'd he's going to be a dick I don't think the hornets let him go to Phoenix since they have nothing in a sign and trade worth anything. If he truly wants to leave the hornets are most certainly going to sign and trade him somewhere where they can get something worth a damn in return.

If Phoneix would give up Marshall it would be worth it, that's who you should have drafted in the first place over Rivers. In two years he and Davis would be unstoppable in the P&R.

lol at Gordon's comments. I wonder if he'll raise enough shit with NO to make them drop their match? (league sources already confirmed they will match as expected). If the guy says he doesn't want to play for them and won't be happy there, will they really want him for a rebuilding effort? It's a stretch for him to play point anyway which may be why he doesn't want to play in NOLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom