• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the Hornets have said they're gonna try playing Rivers @ PG.

3279459-negrodamus.jpg

"Austin Rivers makes Russell Westbrook look like John Stockton"

SamuraiX-

To be honest, just going off what I've read and the hype, not like I watch HS basketball. I will check out these players this season of college ball and make my final assessment when it gets close to the draft. Either way, we're tanking towards a top prospect! How do you know he isn't that good? Do you actually watch HS ball?

Just from what little I've seen or read, nothing stands out to me on him being a Top 10 pick. Then again, the Cavs selected Dion Waiters @ #4 this past draft so wtf do I know.

I'm really intrigued to see what he can do in college.

Jonm1010

Banned
Meh, hopefully Rivers' buys in, I really like Davis and Monty and want the Hornets to succeed. I just think the team is letting personal connections overshadow their major differences in philosophy and it's going to blow up once they actually start playing games.
My biggest concerns as well.

Said similar things during the draft.

I'm hoping my fears are wrong though.

giri

Just from what little I've seen or read, nothing stands out to me on him being a Top 10 pick. Then again, the Cavs selected Dion Waiters @ #4 this past draft so wtf do I know.

I'm really intrigued to see what he can do in college.

I think what squall was more alluding to, is that, most suns fans are happy to tank this season. Thats what we were prepared to do.

h3ro

According to sources, Knicks are closing in on a deal to send Danillo Gallinari, Ray Felton and Wilson Chandler to Denver in exchange for Carmelo and Chauncey Billups. Hold up appears to be Timofey Mozgov.

/broussard

I think what squall was more alluding to, is that, most suns fans are happy to tank this season. Thats what we were prepared to do.

Us actual fans that know what's good for the team. There are still so many fair weathers and fans that don't pay attention to any Suns news and still try to make educated opinions with no facts or logic behind them. I don't know if you read any Suns forums but it gets really bad, often. It's hilarious how many people think if we keep Nash and plug in one player, we'll be contenders. So many fans that don't care about how we make the team a contender, they just want to watch Nash play forever. Should be a lot of Suns fans leaving when Nash does.

giri

Us actual fans that know what's good for the team. There are still so many fair weathers and fans that don't pay attention to any Suns news and still try to make educated opinions with no facts or logic behind them. I don't know if you read any Suns forums but it gets really bad, often. It's hilarious how many people think if we keep Nash and plug in one player, we'll be contenders. So many fans that don't care about how we make the team a contender, they just want to watch Nash play forever. Should be a lot of Suns fans leaving when Nash does.

Yeah, the comments on their facebook page are lol. Just horrible.

Also, this going to be a permanent sight !?!?!?!?

553837_10150996782443996_342490426_n.jpg

(ok, i'll stop now)

edit

i just realised EG in plain clothes is a permanent sight. jokes on me.

benjipwns

Banned
Not Bill Walton ‏@NotBillWalton
Who stalks NBA stars, is on TV despite having no talent, & tweets worthless nonsense? If you said Kim K, you're wrong. It's Chris Broussard.
Adam McGinnis ‏@adammcginnis
Real Chris Broussard somehow made those fake Chris Broussard accounts have more credibility
Dan L ‏@KnicksFanBlog
"Lou Gehrig just told me that 'today [he] considers [him]self the luckiest man on the face of the earth.'" -- @Chris_Broussard
Marcus Brent ‏@MarcusJBrent
Chris Broussard shows once again what happens when we listen to light skinned folks.

Most teams with the cap space to do it. He's one of the best offensive players in the NBA and is an advanced stat monster. Batum is going to get 4/50 and Harden is much better.

I wasn't being snarky, I mean literally, what teams are interested in paying the max for him right now?

Depends on team needs, but guy has the chance to be the best SG in the league at some point and he's still only 22.

I'm hoping we can lock him up for ~$11-12M/ year.

With Jeremy Lin making $15M in 2015?

Edit: Wait did you just compare Harden to Adrien Dantley

Wow. So what do you rank the 6 guys in the Finals who played better than him?

LeBron had several players outplay him in the 2011 Finals, that doesn't stop him from being the best player in the NBA. When Harden is on the bench, the Thunder are average on offense. When he's in the game, their offense is unbelievable and often unstoppable. He's one of the most efficient shot creators in NBA history and, unlike guys like Dantley, he doesn't destroy offensive flow to get his efficiency.

I wasn't being snarky, I mean literally, what teams are interested in paying the max for him right now?

I would guess Orlando, Dallas, and Houston next year and maybe Portland or Minnesota if they still have cap space.

giri

He's still a great offensive player, no matter how you want to split hairs.

If the bulls could, they'd throw boozer type money at him. And he would actually be worth it.

KingGondo

Banned
He played poorly in one series. Other than that he was fantastic this season.

And it's worth noting that you can easily list 5 guys in that series who played better than him who are among the 15 best players in the NBA.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wasn't Harden hurt in the finals too?

I was too busy laughing at Westbrook and Bosh to pay too much attention to anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom