• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Yeah, as we've known, it's pretty much down to Shump now. And I think Nash does want to go there. But I don't really like from the Knicks perspective because it does hurt you depth-wise and you'd probably lose out on Lin too.

And Nash alongside Melo isn't the greatest of fits and overall, would be a mess defensively. I mean, how's Melo gonna co-exist with a PG like Nash? Or are you giving all that up just to turn him into a bystander?

shira

Everyone except point guards
Depends on his rehab. He probably will never be able to run as fast and he sure as heck won't turn or cut as fast anymore. Chicago seems to have a lot of injuries so who knows.

I bet he'll eventually get a follow up surgery to clear out scar tissue then the spun PRP that is he new Fotm treatment.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Depends on his rehab. He probably will never be able to run as fast and he sure as heck won't turn or cut as fast anymore. Chicago seems to have a lot of injuries so who knows.

I bet he'll eventually get a follow up surgery to clear out scar tissue then the spun PRP that is he new Fotm treatment.

Its up to the player more than anything. Baron came back just fine. ACL injuries are far from the career enders that they used to be.

RBH

Saw this today, might be old though:

imTG38rg9edFL.jpg

Truphenom

Yeah, as we've known, it's pretty much down to Shump now. And I think Nash does want to go there. But I don't really like from the Knicks perspective because it does hurt you depth-wise and you'd probably lose out on Lin too.

And Nash alongside Melo isn't the greatest of fits and overall, would be a mess defensively. I mean, how's Melo gonna co-exist with a PG like Nash? Or are you giving all that up just to turn him into a bystander?

The team will get eliminated in the 2nd round at best regardless. Why not keep the decent pieces we actually have.

The team will get eliminated in the 2nd round at best regardless. Why not keep the decent pieces we actually have.

Tell that to Gallo/Moz/Felton/Chandler, Marshmellow trade was a sign the Knicks were back!

Edit:

Robert Randolph ‏@rrtfb
RT @rich8859: @rrtfb I'm thinking someone in the Knicks front office told you to take it back. You have been right too many times before.

This guy.

Learn2Sarcasm

My PG is Rubio, I'm confident he'll recover. ACL recoveries have come a long way.

But it will take time. I expect that he and Rose will not be at 100% until year after next. I've read/heard from several athletes that have had ACL tears that you aren't 100% until 1 year from your return date.

If they rehab correctly they should be fine.

shira

If Nash is being promised ownership/FO intoronto I can't see him turning that down

Its up to the player more than anything. Baron came back just fine. ACL injuries are far from the career enders that they used to be.
His back is borked.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
The Knicks have emerged as frontrunners to land Steve Nash in a sign-and-trade deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.
AWoj said:
Knicks, Suns are in the critical stages of discussions on a sign-and-trade deal that would pay Nash $27M-$30M over 3 years, sources tell Y!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
NY package would include Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and likely 3 low money players to get Nash salary needed to close gap on Toronto offer

Brinbe

If Nash is being promised ownership/FO intoronto I can't see him turning that down

His back is borked.

He doesn't wanna come here. Can't change what a person wants. Only person that looks bad in all of this is Colangelo, but his rep is already in the shitter.

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
NY package would include Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and likely 3 low money players to get Nash salary needed to close gap on Toronto offer

Oh wow...

Will Knicks even have a bench after this?

DCX

DCX
Nash
JR Smith
Melo
Amar'e
Chandler

Novack
Lewis/Purp
Jorts
Jerome Jordan
Felton
Camby??

Why does the Knicks have to trade the players i like? :(

DCX

Learn from the Knicks, Morey. This is how you cash in assets.

Back to back years. Kinda flawless too. Except for the whole production on the court thingy.

shira

He doesn't wanna come here. Can't change what a person wants. Only person that looks bad in all of this is Colangelo, but his rep is already in the shitter.
Has he said that?

It would make his Team Canada GM duties really awkward if he signed elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom