• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He'll be ight.

He is better than Marshall, so he will run all his minutes.
You don't understand, Shump is a straight asshole. He's the type of person where if you introduce someone new to him he will go, "So? Why the fuck should I know you?"

He's told me that he belongs in a city like NY (I don't know what that even means). He would HATE it in Phoenix, lol.

Bowser

You don't understand, Shump is a straight asshole. He's the type of person where if you introduce someone new to him he will go, "So? why the fuck should I know you?"

He's told me that he belongs in a city like NY (I don't know what that even means). He would HATE it in Phoenix, lol.

Doesn't surprise me. I feel like he only went to Ga. Tech instead of UNC just because it's in ATL while Chapel Hill is...well, Chapel Hill.

Brinbe

Has he said that?

It would make his Team Canada GM duties really awkward if he signed elsewhere

Why would he need to? We 'supposedly' offered more money over 3 years and he's going to the Knicks via S&T. I mean, *shrug* can't get more blatant than that.

And yes, it probably will be. But Nash could offer a similar explanation that Bron made did with Cleveland and Akron, in that Toronto isn't Vancouver.

You don't understand, Shump is a straight asshole. He's the type of person where if you introduce someone new to him he will go, "So? why the fuck should I know you?"

Makes sense he is from Oak Park.

SamuraiX-

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Sources briefed on talks say Lakers' reported S-and-T push for Nash blocked to date by Suns brass. Can't stomach dealing him to old rival
RT @michaelgrange: #Raptors' Colangelo still hopeful regarding Steve Nash says: "We gave it our best shot" #NBA

lul

RBH

RT @michaelgrange: #Raptors' Colangelo still hopeful regarding Steve Nash says: "We gave it our best shot" #NBA
i2m5DTcYoICuz.gif

Jarlaxle

You don't understand, Shump is a straight asshole. He's the type of person where if you introduce someone new to him he will go, "So? Why the fuck should I know you?"

Maybe he won't play in Phoenix at all. Maybe Gordon tells NO that he wants to play in Phoenix and the Suns wind up trading Shump and Lopez, and lotto protected 1st for Gordon. He could wind up playing in NO.

What would happen if Colangelo pulled Field's offer? They haven't signed anything yet. The Raptors are better off without him if Nash isn't coming to Toronto.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Dammit, the Knicks are going to be good :(

Still lose in 4-5 games to even an injured bulls/heat/celtics squad and probably couldn't even hang with the sixers.

If they were smart they would have tried to dump amare for the contracts king sent for joe johnson.

The Knicks will have no depth and will be relying on a 40 year old with a bad back and a PF with bad knees. If they go through an injury stretch like last season they are a lottery team.

thabiz

Nash will be booooooooooood so hard if he signs with NYK. He gets standing O's now as Sun. He should phone Vince to see what the next 3 years are going to be like.

The Knicks have become the frontrunners to sign Steve Nash, according to sources.

Nash and the Knicks are in discussions on a three-year deal worth between $27 million and $30 million.
New York would send Iman Shumpert, Toney Douglas and Dan Gadzuric to the Suns for Nash in a sign-and-trade.
Nash is enthusiastic about joining Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler and Amar'e Stoudemire.
The Raptors offered Nash a three-year, $36 million deal at the start of free agency. Toronto also agreed to an offer sheet with Landry Fields, which took him off the table for the Knicks to include in a package for Nash. Despite the possible addition of Nash, New York still intends to match any offer Jeremy Lin receives on the open market.

Thank god Douglas emo ass is going.

thekad

Banned
Still lose in 4-5 games to even an injured bulls/heat/celtics squad and probably couldn't even hang with the sixers.

If they were smart they would have tried to dump amare for the contracts king sent for joe johnson.

Nash was better than everyone on the Knicks last year and they might add him for literally nothing. I don't see how they end up worse than last season.

Hopefully they'll start Lin to get a new TV deal or something.

Michael Jordan ‏@RJ_Pumper
@Chris_Broussard Just got a letter from Abraham Lincoln "Despite what Stephen Douglas says, I am working hard to end slavery."

I sent that to Chris. Too soon?

excited if nash comes to ny but i wish we didnt get rid of shump :/

FFS theyre making a tv show about him and a preview is already up on the knicks site. my avatar is now useless

Nash was better than everyone on the Knicks last year and they might add him for literally nothing. I don't see how they end up worse than last season.

If they lose Lin, Shumpert, Douglas and Fields? Granted those guys weren't great but they gave them depth, allowed them to weather that injury storm in the middle of the season. In order to not be worse you are going to be banking on Nash staying healthy and being able to stay as productive as he's been in the past. Possible but risky as hell. Even then the Knicks will be a fun team to watch but not a contender.

So another Laker trade for a PG blocked by ownership. I haz a sad.

Didn't realize Knicks had 3 unguaranteed contracts. If NY throws in cash to cover Toney Douglass Deal, they can give Nash like $8 mil and suns don't lose any money outside of Shump. Didn't realize they had 3 unguaranteed guys on their books.

Nash going to play for NYK and the Knicks still won't do much. Not with Melo and Amar'e out there with Nash on D, no 2 guard, and I don't think Melo fits well. Plus, Amar'e was regressing even in Phoenix.

So close to that PG fix.

In the end, Nash preferred Lakers over Knicks and Canada! Moral Victory!

If they lose Lin, Shumpert, Douglas and Fields? Granted those guys weren't great but they gave them depth, allowed them to weather that injury storm in the middle of the season. In order to not be worse you are going to be banking on Nash staying healthy and being able to stay as productive as he's been in the past. Possible but risky as hell. Even then the Knicks will be a fun team to watch but not a contender.

LOL

And they most likely still keep Lin.

thekad

Banned
All those guys except Shumpert suck. If the Knicks want to win more than one playoff game they couldn't ride with the same garbage hoping that good depth would help beat the Heat/Bulls/Nets/Celtics.

As long as Nash and Chandler are semi-healthy during the season, they'll be able to make the playoffs in the East no matter what. When they're there, they'll thank god they have Steve Nash rather than Landry Fields.

linsivvi

I thought that Dolan owns both the network and the team, no? They don't need to get a TV deal.

And don't forget that Nash is going to continue his decline. Now without the Suns medical staff.

All those guys except Shumpert suck. If the Knicks want to win more than one playoff game they couldn't ride with the same garbage hoping that good depth would help beat the Heat/Bulls/Nets/Celtics.

As long as Nash and Chandler are semi-healthy during the season, they'll be able to make the playoffs in the East no matter what. When they're there, they'll thank god they have Steve Nash rather than Landry Fields.

If they acquire Nash they better be at least a 4th seed if they want to go further than the second round.

Yeah, but it doesn't make them a contender IMO cuz while Nash is always good for a team, it's a poor fit still.

I feel like a better defensive PG would have made them improve more, but then again not exactly many out there for that.

And they do lose the one guy that can defend. Though he was missing next season, anyway.

Knicks payroll in year 3 will be getting close to $100 mil. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom