• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still lose in 4-5 games to even an injured bulls/heat/celtics squad and probably couldn't even hang with the sixers.

If they were smart they would have tried to dump amare for the contracts king sent for joe johnson.
lol sixers are trash compared to knicks. also if sixers beat bulls then so can knicks easily.celtics give anyone a tough time, even heat.

Yeah, but it doesn't make them a contender IMO cuz while Nash is always good for a team, it's a poor fit still.

I feel like a better defensive PG would have made them improve more, but then again not exactly many out there for that.

And they do lose the one guy that can defend. Though he was missing next season, anyway.

Knicks payroll in year 3 will be getting close to $100 mil. lol

You guys must not watch Knick games. Or offense at times is the equivalent of a monkey fucking a football, having a real PG who can set up the offense is what we need.

But than again Marshmellow can shit it up again.

Omega

Banned
Fuck trading Shumpert for Nash.

Nash is good and all, but the dude is like 38. Shumpert is going into his second season and in the second half of the season was one of the best rookies.

Trade away the future to remain irrelevant in the present.

Fuck the Knicks. I'm done with this piece of shit team if they actually pull this trade off.

SamuraiX-

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Not sure risk here. Jeremy Lin and Shumpert are coming off knee surgeries, both virtual rookies. Nash coming off leading NBA in assists.

smfh

The Mecca already eating it up.

shira

Nash will be booooooooooood so hard if he signs with NYK. He gets standing O's now as Sun. He should phone Vince to see what the next 3 years are going to be like.
So boo Nash but bring in all the Taiwanese fans to cheer Lin.

Evens out

thekad

Banned
Shumpert is only good at one thing, though he's really good at it. They can find another defensive wing for cheap, add him to Chandler, and they'll be in the Top 10 defensively again.

Nash propels them to a top team offensively - where they struggled. Hell, maybe he can make Amare good again.

You guys must not watch Knick games. Or offense at times is the equivalent of a monkey fucking a football, having a real PG who can set up the offense is what we need.

But than again Marshmellow can shit it up again.

Your offense was the problem because of the injuries. The Melo-Amar'e frontline's defensive numbers were fucking abysmal last season when they were out there, together. Now you remove Shump and put in Nash, one of the worst, there.

Chandler is going to throw up by mid-season with all the helping he's going to have to do.

Plus, Melo is a pure ball stopper, so it will be interesting to see how he meshes.

And Amar'e was getting worse with Nash to begin with.

Nash to the Knicks?

God fucking dammit, why does the NBA even have 30 teams if small market teams just keep getting fucked over and over.

Yeah the Suns sure are getting fucked over. They should have been allowed to waste a few more years of Nash's career by trading away draft picks and not spending money. It's not fair!

Your offense was the problem because of the injuries. The Melo-Amar'e frontline's defensive numbers were fucking abysmal last season when they were out there, together. Now you remove Shump and put in Nash, one of the worst, there.

Chandler is going to throw up by mid-season with all the helping he's going to have to do.

Plus, Melo is a pure ball stopper, so it will be interesting to see how he meshes.

And Amar'e was getting worse with Nash to begin with.

What are you talking about?

Pre Lin the knicks offense was terrible. The only reason they were winning after Lin got hurt was Mello going on an incredible streak before getting cold in time for the playoffs. Without a great PG controlling the ball it becomes the watch Mello show, and that wont cut it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I said we wouldn't get Nash all along.

But lol @ everyone who argued Nash wouldn't play in LA. In the end, it was his 1st choice.

Then why Broussard it up saying that PHX would swallow a shit sandwich all along and play barbie dressup with the Lakers' old ass roster?

Pre Lin the knicks offense was terrible. The only reason they were winning after Lin got hurt was Mello going on an incredible streak before getting cold in time for the playoffs. Without a great PG controlling the ball it becomes the watch Mello show, and that wont cut it.

Spot on.

And to all you "Knick Fans" getting ready to jump off the bridge for Shumpert. You were probably the same guys saying how great Fields was. Stop with the damn rose tinted glasses, we are getting Nash for someone that can be easily replaced. And hes coming off a major knee surgery so we dont even know what he will be like when he comes back.

Tom Penny

boooooo

nwPZu.jpg

They were winning because Amar'e or Melo wasn't playing allowing them to be a good defensive team.

Their offensive numbers with Lin weren't good, either.

Lin-Fields-Anthony-Stoudemire-Chandler = 100 points per 100. That terrible.

They were winning because Amar'e or Melo wasn't playing allowing them to be a good defensive team.

You know damn well they were balling when Melo was hurt. Dont use a fucking lineup that got the coach fired.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

That offense was an entirely different entity when Lin took over. Their defense was never a key to their winning in any form or fashion.

The fuck?

Lakers had a deal with nash and Sarver blocked it according to reports.

You know damn well they were balling when Melo was hurt. Dont use a fucking lineup that got the coach fired.

The Amar'e-Melo lineup was bad last season, too. It was bad under Woodson, as well. It's always been bad. It's been less bad with Chandler in there, cuz of his D, but it's bad.

Melo and Amar'e don't fit.

That offense was an entirely different entity when Lin took over. Their defense was never a key to their winning in any form or fashion.

When Amar'e and/or Melo was out, how did they win? It was with defense. Go look back at the scores of those games. Even when Lin went off versus Lakers, they won with defense.

Dont start quoting your usual BS stats, they were wining when all 3 were playing because there was a pg on the floor running the offense. The knicks ran almost zero PNR's last year before Lin. Once he started playing Chandler was feasting off that shit. Just admit you didnt watch the games.

Nothing worse then brining up those bullshit stats, watch the damn games.

Jonm1010

Banned
God the Knicks fans are going to be so fun to watch when Carmelo once again destroys the offensive flow of another PG and forces the offense to run through him and his stupid asshole ISO offense.

All the while Amare continues to deteriorate and no one but chandler plays defense......not to mention they gut their role players and bench just to bring in Nash who no longer has the mystique of Phoenix's doctors.

Do they even break .500 this season?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Lakers had a deal with nash and Sarver blocked it according to reports.
How in the fuck does that make it Nash's first choice?! He said in interviews alone that he would have a hard time putting on a Lakers jersey.

Quit inferring shit from out of someone's ass.

Dont start quoting your usual BS stats, they were wining when all 3 were playing because there was a pg on the floor running the offense. The knicks ran almost zero PNR's last year before Lin. Once he started playing Chandler was feasting off that shit. Just admit you didnt watch the games.

They were crap when Melo and Amare came back tho

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I FUCKING QUOTE

"The truth is I'm a bit old school. For me, it would be hard to put on a Lakers jersey. That's just the way it is," Nash said.

Truphenom

And to all you "Knick Fans" getting ready to jump off the bridge for Shumpert. You were probably the same guys saying how great Fields was. Stop with the damn rose tinted glasses, we are getting Nash for someone that can be easily replaced. And hes coming off a major knee surgery so we dont even know what he will be like when he comes back.

Hey, when you won't be winning any championships any time soon you have players that you root for. Mine was Shumps and it sucks. If the Knicks had a legit chance to win it all that would be a different subject. Idc for Nash on this team because I dont think he can work miracles.

h3ro

What on earth is going on?

I guess if you can get Nash, you have to deal Shumps but that pretty much seals us off from get Lin back as well, no?

Either way, I'm not believing a thing until Broussard says something.

That way I know it happened hours ago.

We don't know what Nash's intentions were. This time of year agents and GMs are throwing all sorts of misdirection out there. For all we know Lakers/Nash was never serious, or maybe it was his first choice. But that quote also doesn't say shit. "it would be hard" is not some sort of absolute. In short, it's a stupid thing to argue about.

God the Knicks fans are going to be so fun to watch when Carmelo once again destroys the offensive flow of another PG and forces the offense to run through him and his stupid asshole ISO offense.

All the while Amare continues to deteriorate and no one but chandler plays defense......not to mention they gut their role players and bench just to bring in Nash who no longer has the mystique of Phoenix's doctors.

Do they even break .500 this season?

nash wont allow melo to do that.

What on earth is going on?

I guess if you can get Nash, you have to deal Shumps but that pretty much seals us off from get Lin back as well, no?

Either way, I'm not believing a thing until Broussard says something.

That way I know it happened hours ago.

We can still match but it fucks the cap, which we will see if Dolan cares more about winning championships or money. Guess which one.

DCX

DCX
If they trade for Nash Lin should be a goner. Unless they run a two pg offense with JR coming off the bench, I don't see the reason you would pay 18 mill a year to two pgs.

Trade for Nash, sign Felton..shit maybe even Kidd and let Lin go. Try to get Rashard or Purp and see if you can entice Camby to retire as a Knick.

DCX

How in the fuck does that make it Nash's first choice?! He said in interviews alone that he would have a hard time putting on a Lakers jersey.

Quit inferring shit from out of someone's ass.

You took my comment too seriously.

uh, what? So a mini-streak against some mediocre or tanking teams for a few games erases the entire rest of the season?

They were winning the same games after Lin got hurt, too.

thekad

Banned
If they trade for Nash Lin should be a goner. Unless they run a two pg offense with JR coming off the bench, I don't see the reason you would pay 18 mill a year to two pgs.

Nash has three years left and only plays 30 minutes a game.

And Chinese money.

shira

Trade for Nash, sign Felton..shit maybe even Kidd and let Lin go. Try to get Rashard or Purp and see if you can entice Camby to retire as a Knick.

DCX
I want to see Woodson ride Nash for 48 minutes

No one is beating the Heat. I find it funny that all of these teams are scrambling to assemble "super teams" to inevitably get stomped by the Heat. Nash doesn't play defense. Amare doesn't rebound and has lost a step. Carmelo is a blackhole and a ball stopper. Tyson Chandler is going to be pissed that he has to play defense for three people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom