• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress
Sorry to say but it was obvious. Lowry+Houston's picks were there...RT @WolstatSun: Appears you were right about Nash and Toronto after all.

Nash (and Colangelo) really screwed the Raptors. They could be sitting pretty with Lowry & Lamb right now. Instead they're stuck with Landry Fields.

How could the Rockets want to lose Lowry + Dragic? Makes no sense.

Morey has a cocaine addiction. It's the only thing that makes sense.

SamuraiX-

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
Yes, but still not easy RT @ara51575 @sam_amick this means Dwight Howard pursuit is alive?
Larry Coon ‏@LarryCoon
Correct. T @sheimans: what if brook lopez says "I won't go!" then no deal?

lol Bropez

Wouldn't he be able to get more money in Orlando anyway? With New Jersey's contract situation, his future would look better with the Magic long term anyway.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
lol Bropez

Wouldn't he be able to get more money in Orlando anyway? With New Jersey's contract situation, his future would look better with the Magic long term anyway.

Orlando has no interest in paying Brook Lopez long term money.

Its not just Lopez either. They have to get -all- the UFAs involved to actually agree.

With Humphries they have to find a 3rd team willing to deal more than likely in the West and they have to have to be offering something to Orlando of value

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I kinda wish the NBA would use the FIBA shot clock buzzer. It's like a loud air horn.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why do the Suns even care about doing it then if they dont get back Shump? There are no other assets. (edit nm didnt actually read the twitter handle derp)

Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey
RedNation please help me welcome @JLin7 back 2Houston today! Fitting on July4 as America is land of 2nd chances- #lin2houston in your reply

Do it for America guys.

Gabyskra

Banned
Why do the Suns even care about doing it then if they dont get back Shump? There are no other assets. (edit nm didnt actually read the twitter handle derp)

Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey
RedNation please help me welcome @JLin7 back 2Houston today! Fitting on July4 as America is land of 2nd chances- #lin2houston in your reply

Do it for America guys.

Yeah, i'm sure a tweet will keep the Knicks from matching.

Pkaz01

woah i didnt expect this much competence from the suns front office. Putting new orleans on the spot and convincing gordon to play in phx? cockblocking a lakers nash sign n trade for basketball reasons and stealing shump from ny? (thanks for paying fields toronto).

not bad, i hope the gordon thing pans out and we get him in a sign and trade i could see the hornets taking away shump but fk it better than an unprotected first

squicken

Fatty Lee going and Lin coming back? Even if Lin sucks it is still a good day

edit: ah just Morey recruiting like that lame Gortat thing? Lee still going tho

maybe the nash thing is really happening? or hes mad no one invited him to a bbq
Iman Shumpert ‏@I_Am_Iman
I'm mad ain't nobody invite me to cookout...smh New York

jorts sounds upset too
Josh Harrellson ‏@BigJorts55
Hate when people take me for granted!! Fuel to my fire

giri

woah i didnt expect this much competence from the suns front office. Putting new orleans on the spot and convincing gordon to play in phx? cockblocking a lakers nash sign n trade for basketball reasons and stealing shump from ny? (thanks for paying fields toronto).

not bad, i hope the gordon thing pans out and we get him in a sign and trade i could see the hornets taking away shump but fk it better than an unprotected first

You can't trade a player you just traded for, for a while, iirc. so i doubt shump goes in a gordon S&T

Brinbe

What was the supposed draft day trade with Toronto?

Think it was 8th for Lowry. Though there varying reports on whether your 12th-14th or both were involved. No solid word on exactly what it was.

Anyway, BC clearly went all in on Nash, and failed. Now he looks like an idiot, which changes nothing really, because he's already a joke.

squicken

Think it was 8th for Lowry. Though there varying reports on whether your 12th-14th or both were involved. No solid word on exactly what it was.

Thanks. I remember the discussion right before the draft being with the Kings at #5, but never heard the Raptors trade.

Sucks. Seems like Morey stacks and stacks assets that no one ever wants

shira

Melo denies existence of that life. He's the basketball equivalent of gaffers who think they live in a post-racial America. Melo lives in a post-defense NBA.

Whereas Amare lives in a Pre-defense NBA. He ain't even aware of that life.

I wanna see some footage of Melo's All-Star Game defence then.

Pimpwerx

In probably the biggest news of the offseason, the Miami HEAT have bypassed the QO for Terrel Harris, making him a UFA. Let the bidding war commence. PEACE.

can we trade bibby?

0qDlN.gif

SamuraiX-

^ No way that's not a photoshop.

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
On the Teletovic deal with the Nets and what it means for Brooklyn's Dwight Howard pursuit, with @ZachLowe_SI - http://t.co/mciUmxlY
The new collective bargaining agreement contains several rules designed to discourage spending at the high end. One such rule creates a hard cap -- placed $4 million above the luxury tax threshold -- for any team that uses the full midlevel exception, valued at about $5 million per season, to sign a free agent. The tax will be set again at just over $70 million this season, meaning that hard cap would come into play at the $74.3 million mark.
Signing Teletovic to the mini mid-level changes the game. That hard cap set $4 million above the cap only comes into play if a team uses the full midlevel. A team can use the mini midlevel and spend as much as it likes, provided that the owner is willing to pay steep luxury tax penalties. Signing Teletovic at this level, in other words, reopens the possibility of a Brooklyn-Orlando deal centered around Lopez, Humphries, Brooks and future first-round picks.

Honestly I'd take this package if I was Orlando.

Trading for a 24-year old 7-footer with already bum knees and an escaped psychotic who keeps forgetting to take his crazy pills is less favorable for the future of your franchise if you ask me.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Honestly I'd take this package if I was Orlando.

Trading for a 24-year old 7-footer with already bum knees and an escaped psychotic who keeps forgetting to take his crazy pills is less favorable for the future of your franchise if you ask me.

Yeah because overpaying for a stiff who can't rebound for shit and a couple other scrub pieces tacked along with 3 shit picks is totally a great package.

Bynum is an elite center. MWP is just a less shitty contract than JRich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom