• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Of course he never wanted to play for the Knicks. They fired Pringles and replaced him with a guy who runs one of the most boring offenses in the league. And who'd want to have to deal with that clusterfuck of trying to make Melo and Stat work.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Isn't nash a FA? Why do the Knicks have to do a S&T when they could just sign him?

Because he can get more $$$ this way.. I don't think the Knicks have the cap for the contract he wants..

giga

The Suns and Lakers have agreed to a trade sending Steve Nash to L.A. for future draft picks, @CBSSports has confirmed.

The Lakers will still get surprise intercourse by opposing point guards and will Kobe let Nash do his thing?

meh..better than the Knicks I guess....would'nt want Jrue to get sodimized 4 times a year by Nash.

giri

Exactly. Also gambling is not good defending.

Meanwhile Brandon Rush shot 50% overall and 45% from three and is also a good defender. And he's not coming off an ACL tear.

Yeah, but rush is really undervalued. I really like his game. But i haven't seen a whole lot of him.

looks like its a done deal

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Just going up online & via SportsCenter: Sources say Suns have consented to sign-and-trade Steve Nash to Lakers for package of future picks

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Told KTAR-AM radio in PHX has tweeted it first. Suns have consented to send Nash to where he can contend AND be close to his children

Brinbe

Good for Steve, if he could be close to his kids. Sarver dealing him to a division rival for some nothing picks is hilarious.

Blackace

Shumpert is a much better defensive player. He was one of the best on-ball defenders in the entire league last season.

He is a terrible shooter though. Like really terrible. Great at attacking the basket, can't shoot a lick. And he turns over the ball a lot too.

But the point is he is only 22. If he learns to protect the ball better and improve his jump shot then he's going to be a really solid player.
NY hyperbole at it's finest
Hold up

He was good, but he ain't that good.
oh no here is the voice of reason!
Yes, yes he is.

He was though...

NY saved by multiple sources...

He is a tough defender, but not one of the best in the league...

Nelo Ice

Banned
Cmon Mitch now get us Dwight!

Also
Da11t.gif

pilonv1

Hope the Raptors offer another backloaded deal to Lin now. Anytime you can pay Lin and Fields $30million in 2014-15 you have to do it.

Blackace

Didn't someone post a quote awhile back where Nash said it wasn't in his values or something to be a ring chaser/front runner?

So he picked the Lakers who were swept 2 years ago and lost 4 - 1 last season..

Pimpwerx

Knicks got trolled again? LOL!

Nash to the Lakers is whatever. Not a single fuck given.

Lin's getting overpaid in Gotham for sure now. PEACE.

giga

Sources told ESPN.com that the Nash, with the New York Knicks also pressing hard to complete a simiilar sign-and-trade deal, was swayed to join the Lakers after a determined push from Bryant and because the move not only keeps him in the title hunt but will allow Nash to stay in close proximity to his three children in Phoenix.
kobe24.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom