• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah because overpaying for a stiff who can't rebound for shit and a couple other scrub pieces tacked along with 3 shit picks is totally a great package.

Bynum is an elite center. MWP is just a less shitty contract than JRich.

yeah, trading Howard for those would more of a liability than anything.

Brinbe

Turbozone_Fields_II.jpg

lol, all those are not meant to be serious.

There's

480614_366375660099535_1357834119_n.jpg

and
Turbozone_Fail_BC_Again.jpg

Is there much time left on lopez's and humphries contracts? I was under the assumption that there wasn't, I'd rather take that cap space and flexibility, more 1st round picks (hope you get lucky late), and the obvious tank job than try to rebuild around Bynum's immature ass.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is there much time left on lopez's and humphries contracts? I was under the assumption that there wasn't, I'd rather take that cap space and flexibility, more 1st round picks (hope you get lucky late), and the obvious tank job than try to rebuild around Bynum's immature ass.

Humphries is already a free agent. He would have to agree to a S&T. Magic have zero interest in acquiring Humphries. Brook has 1 year left. Why would you trade for a guy you didn't feel like overpaying to keep?

What you're arguing makes no sense. The draft picks the Nets are offering are really of minimal value. And they aren't getting all that much cap space. The only bad contracts on the books are JRich and Big Baby.

Trading Dwight for that little is crazy.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Melo denies existence of that life. He's the basketball equivalent of gaffers who think they live in a post-racial America. Melo lives in a post-defense NBA.

Whereas Amare lives in a Pre-defense NBA. He ain't even aware of that life.
This is where Broussard gets his sources

giri

Humphries is already a free agent. He would have to agree to a S&T. Magic have zero interest in acquiring Humphries. Brook has 1 year left. Why would you trade for a guy you didn't feel like overpaying to keep?

What you're arguing makes no sense. The draft picks the Nets are offering are really of minimal value. And they aren't getting all that much cap space. The only bad contracts on the books are JRich and Big Baby.

Trading Dwight for that little is crazy.

Let be real.

Both trades are shit for the Magic.

The nets because all you get back is lopez and who the fuck knows what he's going to turn out to be. And his foot fractures should scare the shit out of everyone.

Bynum ... well shit, that even 95% of laker fans don't want to build around andrew "all over my face" bynum should tell you all you need to know.

But they're a "best of a shit deal" situation.

I'd probably prefer the nets deal, personally, but i can see why you'd prefer the laker one.

shira

Let be real.

Both trades are shit for the Magic.

The nets because all you get back is lopez and who the fuck knows what he's going to turn out to be. And his foot fractures should scare the shit out of everyone.

Bynum ... well shit, that even 95% of laker fans don't want to build around andrew "all over my face" bynum should tell you all you need to know.

But they're a "best of a shit deal" situation.

I'd probably prefer the nets deal, personally, but i can see why you'd prefer the laker one.
I'll take foot surgery over back surgery anyday.
Dwight doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do rehab.

giri

Yeah, dwight looks like a slacker. always comes in out of shape............

anyway, iirc, these foot fractures are how yao's run of injuries started. They should scare the shit out of you as much as the back surgery.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I'll say one thing about Dwight he is not lazy. At all. He is built like Hercules and he played every single game and pretty much busted his ass all game long.

Bynum is the only guy who is messing around at Playboy parties while hes recovering from injuries.

Reave

If the Nets would do a sign & trade with Mirza with their current offer (and drop Kris Humphries), I think Orlando would have taken a deal by now.

shira

Yeah, dwight looks like a slacker. always comes in out of shape............

anyway, iirc, these foot fractures are how yao's run of injuries started. They should scare the shit out of you as much as the back surgery.
Wikipedia says it was osteomyelitis first

I'll say one thing about Dwight he is not lazy. At all. He is built like Hercules and he played every single game and pretty much busted his ass all game long.
Rehab isn't about laziness. It is about pain threshold.

squicken

Wikipedia says it was osteomyelitis first

The Rockets drafted Yao knowing his feet could end up being a problem. What really exacerbated it was that all the time with his national team. Probably could have had a longer career if early on he would have had a normal offseason

giri

The Rockets drafted Yao knowing his feet could end up being a problem. What really exacerbated it was that all the time with his national team. Probably could have had a longer career if early on he would have had a normal offseason

Yeah, damn those players with national pride.

pilonv1

Has anyone answered why the fuck Phoenix would want a bunch of Knicks bench players at all? Why not just take the cap space? The earliest draft pick they could get form the knicks would be 2018. Why bother?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Has anyone answered why the fuck Phoenix would want a bunch of Knicks bench players at all? Why not just take the cap space? The earliest draft pick they could get form the knicks would be 2018. Why bother?

Shump is a good player. He should shoot less though, a lot less.

giri

Because Shump is probably better than anyone we could draft with any pick coming from any of the other suitors. The others are all expirings i believe.

If my post indicated a distaste for Yao's work for his country it was not my intent. I was simply speaking to the stress it placed on a known condition
Then why not say "Houston should not have made him play until late December to give him a proper off season".

Houston drafted him knowing he was going to play for china too, and all that encompassed.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He shot 40% and is coming off an ACL tear. They could use their cap space on Brandon Rush, who is infinitely better.

Shumpert is a much better defensive player. He was one of the best on-ball defenders in the entire league last season.

He is a terrible shooter though. Like really terrible. Great at attacking the basket, can't shoot a lick. And he turns over the ball a lot too.

But the point is he is only 22. If he learns to protect the ball better and improve his jump shot then he's going to be a really solid player.

DY_nasty

Shumpert is a much better defensive player. He was one of the best on-ball defenders in the entire league last season.

He is a terrible shooter though. Like really terrible. Great at attacking the basket, can't shoot a lick. And he turns over the ball a lot too.

But the point is he is only 22. If he learns to protect the ball better and improve his jump shot then he's going to be a really solid player.

Hold up

He was good, but he ain't that good.

DY_nasty

Shump with a jumper and good treatment from the refs could be an 18ppg player by his 4th season.
So he can be a less athletic Demar Derozan? UPSIDE
Yes, yes he is.
He's a very good defender. But please, NY makes everything look more impressive than it really is. If the Knicks played anywhere else, they would've been moved to Montreal.

is this guy a legit source? apparently hes close to the suns owner
John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620
Nash to LA for multiple picks all but done!!!
Suns will get multiple picks from the Lakers, had been talk earlier of two first rounders so my belief is that it is at least the two 1sts
New York was never really a serious option for Nash, he preferred the Lakers

pilonv1

He's a very good defender. But please, NY makes everything look more impressive than it really is. If the Knicks played anywhere else, they would've been moved to Montreal.

Exactly. Also gambling is not good defending.

Meanwhile Brandon Rush shot 50% overall and 45% from three and is also a good defender. And he's not coming off an ACL tear.

Brinbe

While that'd add more hilarity to the situation (especially given Nash's previous comments), but at least the Knicks would just keep Lin (which they'd do with or without Nash) and not give away all their depth. So it's not a big loss.

We're still stick with Fields ='(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom