• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarlaxle

This fucking sucks so goddamn much. Why Nash? Why? Any Team other than the Lakers or Spurs. I'm gonna go drink myself silly and go vomit for the rest of the night and hope this is just a bad dream.

The last time Lakers said, "Fuck the world!!!"
twP90.jpg

giga

Sources told ESPN.com that Nash will try to convince longtime teammate Grant Hill, one of his closest friends in the game, to join him with the Lakers. ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher reported over the weekend the Lakers were one of four teams (along with Toronto, New York and Phoenix) in the running for Hill after the 39-year-old's recent trip to Germany to undergo the same platelet-enrichment treatment on his knee that Bryant credited for his rejuvenated knee last season.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Marc Stein
‏@ESPNSteinLine
As I understand it: Suns were adamant they would NOT do deal without two firsts and two seconds. But once Lakers put that much up ...

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Nash appealed to Suns management to send him to lone suitor of four finalists that could keep him in title hunt & within hour flight of kids

So....the Lakers have trouble defending athletic point guards (Westbrook, Parker, Paul) and they decide the best way to combat that is to....sign 38 year old Steve Nash and give up 4 picks?

Actually, who had the worst defense last year between Nash, Sessions, and Fisher?

I mean, Nash is great on offense but do the Lakers really need to be getting OLDER right now? Definitely having Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton flashbacks.

Old Snake only has so many nanomachines to go around.

SamuraiX-

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
With short flight to kids, chance to play with Kobe, Pau & Bynum, Duffy says Nash wanted to be a Laker when it was a real option 2 days ago.

It's like Duffy is personally giving Black Mamba trolling material.

Cloudy

Banned
I mean, Nash is great on offense but do the Lakers really need to be getting OLDER right now? Definitely having Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton flashbacks right now.

Old Snake only has so many nanomachines to go around.

Well we've had no pg D AND no offense for a decade now. Might as well have one aspect lol

Pkaz01

a little disappointed we dont get shump now damn whatever better than him going to toronto for nothing it would have been fked up for the suns not to send nash to the team he wanted after all those years

shira

So....the Lakers have trouble defending athletic point guards (Westbrook, Parker, Paul) and they decide the best way to combat that is to....sign 38 year old Steve Nash and give up 4 picks?

Actually, who had the worst defense last year between Nash, Sessions, and Fisher?
My initial thinking is that they are going to run and outscore people when Nash is on the floor.

idk what the Lakers run, is it still a modified triangle offense.

If they get D12 too, do the Thunder even have a chance at beating them? I mean, short of going into NBA 2K Hall of Fame mode from Games 3-6 of last year's WCF?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

Breaking News
Lakers land Nash

The Suns will trade Steve Nash to the Lakers for draft picks, a source confirms to Y! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski.Breaking News
Lakers land Nash

The Suns will trade Steve Nash to the Lakers for draft picks, a source confirms to Y! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski.Breaking News
Lakers land Nash

Lakers land Nash

Lakers land Nash

zTPr6.gif
zTPr6.gif

zTPr6.gif
zTPr6.gif

Lakers land Nash

Lakers land Nash

The Suns will trade Steve Nash to the Lakers for draft picks, a source confirms to Y! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski.

masud

Banned
Nice. Now we can sign Felton and Camby and get just as far. Nash would have have been nice for entertainment purposes but im not gonna delude myself into thinking he was gonna get us out for the 2nd round. Hopefully management doesn't think of some other dumbass way to give away all our depth...

Enron

Banned
What awful news. The Mavericks are so fucked. They might as well just not play next season and save the wear and tear on Dirk's body.

giri

a little disappointed we dont get shump now damn whatever better than him going to toronto for nothing it would have been fked up for the suns not to send nash to the team he wanted after all those years

Essentially. I was more excited about getting shump back then a bunch of late first rounders.

Cloudy

Banned

Let's see how many points those guys can score when they actually have to Guard out PG too. I'm okay with Old Nash cos he's not a guy who dominates with athleticism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom