• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't like predicting injuries, but what are the chances Nash walks out of Phoenix and his knees turn into dust?

I felt bad for believing that Gerald Wallace would burst into flames upon breathing the Portland air.

SamuraiX-

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Going online now: Suns move quickly after Steve Nash trade and strike four-year deal with Goran Dragic worth $34 million, sources tell ESPN

OH FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

$8.5M/yr

Deserving after his performance with Houston.

Does Morey match?

He's NOT throwing them under the bus tho, that's the thing. THEY know that, HE knows that, they've been playing together for years. A few comments in the media isn't going to turn their relationship sour but it WILL help light a fire under their ass, MJ did this and other great athletes as well. It's not throwing under the bus, sigh.

You don't do that.. shit not even MJ called his teammates out in the media..

You do that in the lockerroom tell them you are tired of carrying their weight... tell them you want to win..

Not in the media..

Did MJ really not? i stand correct then, point stands tho.

RBH

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Going online now: Suns move quickly after Steve Nash trade and strike four-year deal with Goran Dragic worth $34 million, sources tell ESPN
image.php

pilonv1

I don't know. He's not playing for Australia in the Olympics so there's nothing new, and probably wont be until near training camp.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He's NOT throwing them under the bus tho, that's the thing. THEY know that, HE knows that, they've been playing together for years. A few comments in the media isn't going to turn their relationship sour but it WILL help light a fire under their ass, MJ did this and other great athletes as well. It's not throwing under the bus, sigh.

When I was writing columns for the Chicago Tribune, I studied Michael, and got to know him a little. Michael arrogantly strode through many of the same mines that are exploding around Kobe. Michael wasn't the best husband after hours. Michael punched out two nice-guy teammates during practice -- Steve Kerr and Will Perdue. Michael ran off a coach, Doug Collins, in part because of their soap-opera feud. Michael was often at war with an opposing player or the Chicago media.

Kobe Bryant
Kobe can't keep his mouth shut -- and he's getting killed as a result.

Amazingly, Michael did not step on one mine, while Kobe all but plays hop-scotch on them. No matter how many risks Jordan took, he maintained a superstar-next-door image that hypnotized male and female consumers of all ages. It's as if Kobe, who so desperately wants to be loved, is hell-bent on committing image suicide.

Michael played the media as street-smartly as he played basketball. No matter how many stories circulated among reporters about Michael's carousing, none hit print. That's because Jordan was far too shrewd to answer questions that were even slightly controversial. Bring up anything personal with Michael, and a reporter might feel as if he were about to get punched out. Michael can be truly dagger-staring intimidating. Kobe, with his new tattoos, can only act intimidating.

Mike NEVER took his problems with teammates to the media..

Mark Cuban's spat with Bayless alluded to this a bit... how he was saying everything in the media is so overblown, how little squabbles turn into these big huge deals. Only the media and Joe Public will think calling out your teammate playing like shit in your post-game conf is some big horrible thing to do. The players don't give a shit, they really dont. They're not going to get offended and start hating each other like high school kids. Will it maybe motivate them a bit? Sure, and that's the point.

pilonv1

Wizard Morey's master plan - accumulate draft picks and trade for Deron Williams and Dwight Howard

Wizard Morey's reality - overpay turnover prone point guard and centre with hands of stone who couldn't make a shot outside 2 feet, draft 1000 PFs.

What the fuck am I reading? Talking to the media about how your teammates are garbage is throwing them under the bus and it will most certainly turn relationships sour.

Blackace

Mark Cuban's spat with Bayless alluded to this a bit... how he was saying everything in the media is so overblown, how little squabbles turn into these big huge deals. Only the media and Joe Public will think calling out your teammate playing like shit in your post-game conf is some big horrible thing to do. The players don't give a shit, they really dont. They're not going to get offended and start hating each other like high school kids. Will it maybe motivate them a bit? Sure, and that's the point.

lol have you ever played sports at a high level? just asking.. because the NBA players have been the best players their entire lives.. and to have your teammate call your game ass on TV is insulting..

it is throwing them under the bus it is BLAMING them for losses... it makes you a bad teammate..

Mike NEVER took his problems with teammates to the media..
Then I stand corrected and MJ wasn't as interesting as i remembered. Kobe is more forthcoming and not afraid to say what needs to be said. Some like this quality in an athlete, some dont. I love it, among all the other things about him i mentioned.

Blackace

Then I stand corrected and MJ wasn't as interesting as i remembered. Kobe is more forthcoming and not afraid to say what needs to be said. Some like this quality in an athlete, some dont. I love it, among all the other things about him i mentioned.

Mike was a stone cold killer... he slapped Steve Kerr in the mouth in practice... but never said a sour word about him in the media. MJ was pretty much the face of America to the world.. how could Kobe be more interesting than him?

cacophony

As ESPN reported, Goran Dragic agreed to a 4 year, $34M deal with the Suns. Rockets decided that was "too rich" and let him go, source says.

lmao, but Asik for 3yr/25mil isnt

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
As ESPN reported, Goran Dragic agreed to a 4 year, $34M deal with the Suns. Rockets decided that was "too rich" and let him go, source says.
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Lin's a restricted free agent, and Knicks are poised to match an offer sheet. Rockets extended an offer tonight and Lin's thinking it over.

ruh-roh

but seriously, I think Dragic's contract is fair considering how much he's improved every year. You could easily make a case for him being a Top 10 or at least Top 15 PG in the league.

What the fuck am I reading? Talking to the media about how your teammates are garbage is throwing them under the bus and it will most certainly turn relationships sour.

lol have you ever played sports at a high level? just asking.. because the NBA players have been the best players their entire lives.. and to have your teammate call your game ass on TV is insulting..

it is throwing them under the bus it is BLAMING them for losses... it makes you a bad teammate..

You're crazy if you think "X has got to play better, has to play with more energy, etc" is going to sour their relationship. They're not 15 year old high school girls talking gossip. They're grown men, this is what Cuban was saying. Everything gets blown up in the media and people fall for it. Will Pau notice the comments and be a little upset? sure but it'll be ironed out the same day, guaranteed. And usually the person gets a little more motivation.

Blackace

ruh-roh

but seriously, I think Dragic's contract is fair considering how he played. I think you could easily make a case for him being a Top 10 or at least Top 15 PG in the league.

you could but then you would be called a liar...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ruh-roh

but seriously, I think Dragic's contract is fair considering how much he's improved every year. You could easily make a case for him being a Top 10 or at least Top 15 PG in the league.

you could

but you could also say Rondo is a solid shooter

Blackace

You're crazy if you think "X has got to play better, has to play with more energy, etc" is going to sour their relationship. They're not 15 year old high school girls talking gossip. They're grown men, this is what Cuban was saying. Everything gets blown up in the media and people fall for it. Will Pau notice the comments and be a little upset? sure but it'll be ironed out the same day, guaranteed. And usually the person gets a little more motivation.

The coach gets paid to motivate.. teams leaders motivate behind closed doors..

We lost because Pau Gasol played like ass is not motivational and is damaging...

Just like when Kobe blasted Shaq about paying off his affair..

Pkaz01

damn dragic signed fuck yea the dragon is back might have overpayed but oh well now we need the gordon situation to pan out and id say it was a successful offseason. phoenix kind of went ham

squicken

Wizard Morey's master plan - accumulate draft picks and trade for Deron Williams and Dwight Howard

Wizard Morey's reality - overpay turnover prone point guard and centre with hands of stone who couldn't make a shot outside 2 feet, draft 1000 PFs.

just acquiring assets

Blackace

They're both huge assholes, but so was (in some ways) Magic and Bird. It's necessary to be a winner.

I agree... that's why I peg Rivers to become great or a totally bust...

He has that asshole gene as well..

But again Magic and Bird never used the media to deflect blame.. when they spoke of losses it was words like "We need to" every knew who played like ass... no need to NAME them..

The coach gets paid to motivate.. teams leaders motivate behind closed doors..

We lost because Pau Gasol played like ass is not motivational and is damaging...

Just like when Kobe blasted Shaq about paying off his affair..

He didn't say he played like ass, the comments aren't near that harsh, that's what the media WANTS them to be so they can blow it up into a big thing but it's not the case.

And like Kobe knew the Shaq comment would get out in public, how can you blame him for that. Dude was probably freaking the fuck out and blurting out whatever came on in his mind

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Does Morey match? "

Match what? Morey and the Rockets let him go

Well done Suns. I would have payed Dragic this instead of Lin.

He basically took the same offer from the Rockets, just a little bit more. An extra 0.5 mil = overpaying? I guess in the Rockets eyes and I feel the Knicks will match the offer the Rockets gave to Lin. Now what master plan does Morey have up his sleeve... another PF I'm sure.

fuck you Morey.

You know all in all, i'd rather they amnesty blake and try and develop morris. Especially his defensive game and outside shooting. Nash needs a really solid backup to give him some rest and blake ain't it. His had enough time to prove himself and he failed.

Absolutely, they need to get blake the hell out, him and Barnes have been poison for this team from the day they put the jerseys on.

Blackace

Give me 10-15 PGs better than Dragic in this league.

In no particular order:
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Tony Parker
Rajon Rondo

After that, everything is arguable.

Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Tony Parker
Rajon Rondo
Steve Nash (not even close to arguable)
Irving
Curry
Jrue Holiday
Rubio
Mike Conley
Jason Kidd (for 1 season only I would rather have him)
Wall (is more talented)

benjipwns

Banned
And like Kobe knew the Shaq comment would get out in public, how can you blame him for that. Dude was probably freaking the fuck out and blurting out whatever came on in his mind
Wait, I thought he was cerebral, articulate and said what needs to be said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom