• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

458526_10150950572494213_880044980_o.jpg

'96 y'all.

Where the fuck is Bryant Reeves?!

Edit: Nevermind, he was '95.

There is nothing stopping this team now. Not Miami, not OKC, not SA, nobody. Steve fucking Nash hahahahahaha

You trying to jinx the Lakers on purpose right?

Nobody, but father fuckin' time. Kobe go down, or Andrew's knee goes out, or Nash goes down...Lakers are then no better than they were this season, yet OLDER.

I'm glad the Lakers got Nash, but stop acting like it = Bosh, Wade and Lebron.

It makes the Lakers better, yes. But last years Lakers team lost to the Wizards, so I wouldn't get very excited just yet.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Matrix can hit open 3s and Amare has a nice mid-range game. Thing is, they are a threat.

Bynum is not a jumpshooter and Artest isn't reliable. If Nash is gonna be the PG, we need a deadeye shooter at 3 and a stretch 4. Only way to do that is trade Bynum and maybe send Artest with him

Amar'e didn't become that way until he almost lost his eye... before that he attacked attacked attacked..

Nash is good at finding slashers and spot up shooters.. He hasn't really had either the last couple of years.. He made Gortat seem like a decent center..

And one last thing about Kobe i love (sorry) is how he's not afraid to say these quick, cutthroat, sort of arrogant comments...Idk arrogant is the right word, kind of like super confident and you tend to believe these things he's saying, reminds me a lot of MJ with that killer instinct and confidence.

benjipwns

Banned
And one last thing about Kobe i love (sorry) is how he's not afraid to say these quick, cutthroat, sort of arrogant comments...Idk arrogant is the right word, kind of like super confident and you tend to believe these things he's saying, reminds me a lot of MJ with that killer instinct and mystique.
WiHZT.png

diehard

Fleer
And one last thing about Kobe i love (sorry) is how he's not afraid to say these quick, cutthroat, sort of arrogant comments...Idk arrogant is the right word, kind of like super confident and you tend to believe these things he's saying, reminds me a lot of MJ with that killer instinct and confidence.

dude you are a pro troll

He has a rapist wit!

Blackace

IMO the only other big star on Kobe's level in that regard is Dirk, who more often than not gives detailed, honest, smart answers in a likable manner. Probably even moreso than Kobe. Dirk is awesome...he's super likable but a different kind of likable compared to Kobe. Dirk is a 'awesome guy' likable, while Kobe has this interesting mystique with his background and personality along with a fire for the game that makes you like him and glued to the screen.
lol really? I find Kobe condescending and aloof.. And Dirk is alright I don't feel that many players lie in their answers...
After seeing interviews with the top 5 picks in this year's draft, I don't think it's out of line.
I do think it is out of line.. 18 year old Kobe wasn't as smooth and through a fit when drafted by the Hornets..
And Kobe didn't even spend a day in college
Either did KG and he is well spoken in interviews..
lol scarily so. Kid frigging ran his college announcement like a PR black belt.
Dude is smart
Are you literally admitting that you view Kobe as a Magical Negro
Pretty much
MKG has a speech impediment. Davis is bout dat cash. TRob was too busy making America cry. And nobody knows who the fuck Waiters is so they didn't know how to interview him.

Personally I like Davis.. anyone who TMs their unibrow is ok in my book..

Cloudy

Banned
Amar'e didn't become that way until he almost lost his eye... before that he attacked attacked attacked..

Nash is good at finding slashers and spot up shooters.. He hasn't really had either the last couple of years.. He made Gortat seem like a decent center..

Gortat can shoot jumpshots and he's great at rim-runs. Bynum doesn't have that kind of motor. I just don't see how we can play to Nash's strengths with 2 plodding bigs and Kobe as the only other legit perimeter-shooting threat in the starting lineup

Either Bynum gets moved or one of those guys will be coming off the bench this year

Blackace

You like that he is a well spoken douche bag! Gotcha!

I'm not trolling and I don't like when people say that, i love kobe. He's my favorite athlete ever by far. He's strange, enigmatic, yet still charismatic at the same time. Likability and personaility for athletes is important to me when it comes to rooting for them and their team. A guy like Michael Vick I could never root for, same with Dwyane, Roger Clemens, Ben Roethlisberger, and others of that d-bag nature.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Gortat can shoot jumpshots and he's great at rim-runs. Bynum doesn't have that kind of motor. I just don't see how we can play to Nash's strengths with 2 plodding bigs and Kobe as the only other legit perimeter-shooting threat in the starting lineup

Either Bynum gets moved or one of those guys will be coming off the bench this year
That's on them, not the MVP point guard.

Truphenom

I'm not trolling and I don't like when people say that, i love kobe. He's my favorite athlete ever by far. He's strange, enigmatic, yet still charismatic at the same time. Likability and personaility for athletes is important to me when it comes to rooting for them and their team. A guy like Michael Vick I could never root for, same with Dwyane, Roger Clemens, Ben Roethlisberger, and others of that d-bag nature.

What's the reason for not liking him?

You like that he is a well spoken douche bag! Gotcha!

I don't see how kobe is a d-bag at all. If he were he'd be out partying every night and getting into trouble, not working harder than every other player in the league during the off-season.

Edit- if you're referring to the confident/arrogant stuff i was saying, well he backs it up. D-bags don't back it up. Kobe is truthful about it.

Blackace

lol Michael made one mistake like Kobe..

and Wade, Clemens, Ben all have that winning douchebagness that you like in Kobe..

Clemens at least is well spoken..

Shurs

I do think it is out of line.. 18 year old Kobe wasn't as smooth and through a fit when drafted by the Hornets..

I don't think it does any good to put our heads in the sand when it comes to certain qualities that players have or don't have.

Charisma, and to a lesser extent articulation, goes a long way towards making athletes endearing.

Blackace

I don't see how kobe is a d-bag at lal. If he were he'd be out partying every night and getting into trouble, not working harder than every other player in the league during the off-season.

sounds like a douchebag to me... the kind of guy who would and has thrown teammates under the bus..

And who of the elite players are doing these things you keep referring to?

I mean, I would agree with the notion that Kobe has a certain je ne sais quoi about him that makes him more alluring and compelling than most athletes.

I don't think it does any good to put our heads in the sand when it comes to certain qualities that players have or don't have.

Charisma, and to a lesser extent articulation, goes a long way towards making athletes endearing.

Thank you, exactly. I might not relay what i mean the best in post form but that's what i mean, said it better than i could.

nice attempt

pilonv1

You run the pick and roll with Pau not Bynum. Any decent coach would do that.

Oh wait...

Backing up your talk is taking 30 shots and shooting 40%

What do you MEAN back up your talk? You mean, attack everybody else on the team first?

Branduil

i too like Kobe for the same reasons i hate everyone else.

Heavy's just trying to say that he finds Kobe interesting because he's somehow mystical, and yet surprisingly well-spoken, and has a macho persona that goes along with seemingly magical powers. Is that really so offensive?

Blackace

Never said it was a bad thing... but in reality most of the players are trained how to speak in the media.. most of the high profile players you saw drafted will be real good with the media in a couple years.. Really the only real natural charismatic player I have seen in awhile was Shaq..

and the real point is this

i too like Kobe for the same reasons i hate everyone else.

sounds like a douchebag to me... the kind of guy who would and has thrown teammates under the bus..

And who of the elite players are doing these things you keep referring to?

Let me give you an example of the first part of your post: this playoffs when Kobe called out his team and named players specifically...this was after a couple games where he lit it up not the game he imploded in the last 2 minutes. Anyway, most people will think this is being an asshole and arrogant and cocky and throwing your team under the bus, but it's not, it's a no fear attitude, it's a killer instinct that few athletes have. That's what i meant.

giri

At pushing 40, he deserves the chance.

Also, I really like the Beas signing. I think he'll do well for us.

I don't mind the beas signing. but he's a terrible player.

we had to spend the money though so /shrug

Thank god. Do not want Gordon. Injured players not my thing.

Thats a mistake, but he was ruining our tank job.

Wonder if we can just shift the laker picks for him in a trade.

Are you literally admitting that you view Kobe as a Magical Negro
Gold.

Let me give you an example of the first part of your post: this playoffs when Kobe called out his team and named players specifically...this was after a couple games where he lit it up not the game he imploded in the last 2 minutes. Anyway, most people will think this is being an asshole and arrogant and cocky and throwing your team under the bus, but it's not, it's a no fear attitude, it's a killer instinct that few athletes have. That's what i meant.
Are you a real person or is this a bit

I really wonder

benjipwns

Banned
Does this only apply to Kobe?

Branduil

It takes a true killer instinct to throw your teammates under the bus to some random guys in a parking lot after demanding a trade.

Blackace

You don't do that.. shit not even MJ called his teammates out in the media..

You do that in the lockerroom tell them you are tired of carrying their weight... tell them you want to win..

Not in the media..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom