• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

Ray allen to Lakers!! A man can dream! LOL I don't think nash is going to do anything for us, i'd rather have a defensive minded point gaurd/shooting gaurd ala Rondo/Bradley/shump than a guy like nash. Anyway, watevs. The would rule the west if we could trade those two for bynum/pau. Too late now obviously lol

On the flip side, i can't wait to see how the celts work. I'm conflicted on the signing of terry(older while they need to get younger). Allen, I'd rather he stay in Boston and we get a revitalized bench. Guys like aaron brooks even sessions might be a good addition.

What was the third best contract of the offseason so far (Since Nash and Miller are easily the best two): Hibbert's max or Asik for 3/25? Everything else has been way worse.

Really? I don't see Portland doing shit unless Lillard and Generic White Rookie Center turn out to be better than I though.

Hibbert should help, but I don't think he makes them all that much better.

If Portland can keep Batum I think they'll be better than the Jazz. How much better depends on Lillard, they could really use a veteran PG though. It's too bad Felton gave up when he got to Portland. I guess that can happen when you're shipped across the country several times in one year like he was.

Bowser

What was the third best contract of the offseason so far (Since Nash and Miller are easily the best two): Hibbert's max or Asik for 3/25? Everything else has been way worse.

Dragic for 4 years, $30m isn't too bad, IMO. I think Hibbert isn't worth the max simply because he's an old-school style center who's style of play isn't conducive to a championship in this day and age.

Would Ray ray play back up SG for Miami or start, with Wade at PG?

Wade
Ray
Bron
Haslem
Bosh

Chalmers
Cole
Miller
-------
Joel

He should just take Boston's money.

bionic77

Wow this Nash signing is like an early birthday present for Lakers fans.

We probably are still not legit contenders with Nash unlike Kobe can roll back the clock 3 years, but it is going to make us a lot more interesting to watch. It will extend Kobe's career. And Gasol and Bynum are going to benefit the most.

It will be nice to have someone on the team who can actually make a 3 as well. Don't remember the last time we had a great 3 point shooter on the team, other than Kobe in his prime.

Would Ray ray play back up SG for Miami or start, with Wade at PG?

Wade
Ray
Bron
Haslem
Bosh

Chalmers
Cole
Miller
-------
Joel

He should just take Boston's money.
For what?

He wants another ring after Jordan told him the first one is just luck and Boston has maybe one more good shot.

I don't get why you all seem to think money matters so much to these vets. He's made plenty of money and Im sure he was wise with his.

Wow this Nash signing is like an early birthday present for Lakers fans.

We probably are still not legit contenders with Nash unlike Kobe can roll back the clock 3 years, but it is going to make us a lot more interesting to watch. It will extend Kobe's career. And Gasol and Bynum are going to benefit the most.

It will be nice to have someone on the team who can actually make a 3 as well. Don't remember the last time we had a great 3 point shooter on the team, other than Kobe in his prime.

Lakers' bench is still a HUGE problem. We need some decent backup pick up OR Mike Brown needs to learn how to teach young guys.

SamuraiX-

Jared Greenberg ‏@NBATVJared
Ya think? RT @MagicJohnson @DwightHoward would be the final piece to make the @Lakers a championship team for a long time.

o9Ba9.gif

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nelson, 30, would not disclose the length of the agreement or what his annual salaries will be, but the Sentinel has learned the deal will be for three seasons.

3 years? Um okay if you say so Henny :/

effzee

Uh, Battier, Miller, and Chalmers stepped up big time in the Finals. Did you forget that already?

But only in the finals. In fact Miller just had 1 amazing game. Chalmers is really up and down and besides he starts.

If you have enough superstar talent (OH HEY LOOK AT THAT ITS NOT JUST MIAMI DOING IT!) on your starting 5 it really doesn't matter how bad your bench is.

Of course in the case of Nash due to his age, a quality back up PG should be required.

Uh, Battier, Miller, and Chalmers stepped up big time in the Finals. Did you forget that already?

Battier started alot while miller and chalmers weren't really good at all for most the playoffs. I think alot of teams have players that will randomly show up. Its really about the top 7-8.

As long as the Mavs don't overpay this offseason, I'llbe okay. I just dont' want to see them spend the MLE on Kidd or some stupid fucking contract that they usually sign a player to.

bionic77

Lakers' bench is still a HUGE problem. We need some decent backup pick up OR Mike Brown needs to learn how to teach young guys.
We can't afford decent backups for Kobe and Nash.

Hopefully we can get some guys who play defense decently and Bynum and Gasol can actually carry their weight in those moments.

Emwitus

I feel like morris and ebanks can slip into a consistent rotation. Has to happen. At the very least ebanks(if he resigns). Both need to get stronger. We need the defense desperately.

Battier started alot while miller and chalmers weren't really good at all for most the playoffs. I think alot of teams have players that will randomly show up. Its really about the top 7-8.

I'm with you there, an 8 man rotation usually works the best because everyone is getting solid minutes. Having a decent 10 man roster is good insurance though for when guys go down or get in foul trouble.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AlexKennedyNBA
Re-signing Ryan Anderson may be easier said than done for ORL. Teams are offering frontloaded contracts to make things difficult for Magic.

:(

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Jeremy Lin and the Rockets still discussing parameters of an offer sheet, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Morey gonna get his man!

Can't wait to see how Lowry reacts if Rockets get Lin.

Lin....worth 35 mil ??

Damn it Rockets

Apparently Lin thinks he's worth more, since he didn't jump on that offer right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom