• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
It will be nice to have someone on the team who can actually make a 3 as well. Don't remember the last time we had a great 3 point shooter on the team, other than Kobe in his prime.

Chucky Atkins
Sasha before 2009
Jumaine Jones
Vlad Rad
Ariza always seemed to make big 3s in big moments
Fish in 2008 and 2010

We've had 3pt shooting (At least before the last 2 years). Problem is that they've been so one-dimensional (except Ariza) and their negatives stood out more lol

bionic77

Chucky Atkins
Sasha before 2009
Jumaine Jones
Vlad Rad
Ariza always seemed to make big 3s in big moments
Fish in 2008 and 2010

We've had 3pt shooting (At least before the last 2 years). Problem is that they've been so one-dimensional (except Ariza) and their negatives stood out more lol
I will give you Fish. RZA was a great shooter in the championship year. RZA made a lot of big plays on d and some big 3 (when he was making those 3s our offense was unstoppable at the time).

Vlad was always shit. He never seemed to make a bucket when it counted and he was a space case. The slightest thing would cause him to get distracted.
Sasha was the same. He was never a reliable shooter.
Atkins was decent, but I don't remember him being someone you feared taking the 3.
I barely remember Jones.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
But this is the first year where he will be the man and he is a 4

you have criticized my love affair for Beas but his first 20/10 season is coming, BOOK IT

He doesn't rebound well enough for that. He'll put up a lot of shots, though, because who else is scoring on that team?

RBH

lmao

what does it say about your franchise when you can't even retain goron dragic...and lin won't even sign an offer sheet. WHAT DOES THAT SAY
There is only one man who can save the Rockets now.

rockets1.jpg

He doesn't rebound well enough for that. He'll put up a lot of shots, though, because who else is scoring on that team?

yeah I just have Jay Bilas "can rebound in traffic has great second jump has a nose for the ball is a lock for 20/10 from day one" in my head on loop

and yeah he will likely get 7 or 8 a game. i wanna believe

Cloudy

Banned
I will give you Fish. RZA was a great shooter in the championship year. RZA made a lot of big plays on d and some big 3 (when he was making those 3s our offense was unstoppable at the time).

Vlad was always shit. He never seemed to make a bucket when it counted and he was a space case. The slightest thing would cause him to get distracted.
Sasha was the same. He was never a reliable shooter.
Atkins was decent, but I don't remember him being someone you feared taking the 3.
I barely remember Jones.

Well you asked for good 3pt shooters not clutch ones lol. Thing is, Sasha was pretty clucth if you go back and look at the games. He actually played a lot of crunchtime minutes for us in 2008. Jumaine Jones was one of the best 3pt shooters I have ever seen on the Lakers

bionic77

Well you asked for good 3pt shooters not clutch ones lol. Thing is, Sasha was pretty clucth if you go back and look at the games. He actually played a lot of crunchtime minutes for us in 2008. Jumaine Jones was one of the best 3pt shooters I have ever seen
I never trusted Sasha. He was always so close to fucking up everything at the end of games. He was one of the dumbest players I have ever seen.

Flash

fucking hell the raptors are so incompetent. So many seasons of mediocrity...Colangelo has to be one of the worst GMs in the league.

Look at a team like Cleavland or Hornets... lose their franchise guys but recover in a year through proper tanking and smart drafting.

We've been stuck in a shitty state for so many years, Colangelo just can't get it done. All these band-aid signings to stop the bleeding but they always just make it worse. Fields? Kleiza? We've done such a shitty job at developing Ed Davis by limiting his minutes instead opting to give Bargnani opportunity after opportunity to disappoint. And he has zero concept of market value as observed by giving Amir Johnson, Calderon and Bargnani contracts well above their values.

If we can't even get "Captain Canada" to agree to sign with our team, there is no hope...

I'm not upset that he signed with Lakers, that's fine by me. I can't blame him, and I hope he does well there. But I am upset at our incompetent management signing fields and drafting ross on some sort of long shot idea that Nash may come... Colangelo's reign has created such a shitty culture around this team, I don't think I've ever seen the morale so low in this city. Nobody gives a fuck anymore.

Cloudy

Banned
What are the Heat/OKC at?

Odds to win the 2012-13 NBA Championship
Team Odds
Oklahoma City Thunder 5/2
Miami Heat 5/2
Chicago Bulls 5/1
San Antonio Spurs 7/1
Los Angeles Lakers 7/1
Dallas Mavericks 15/1
Boston Celtics 20/1
Indiana Pacers 20/1
Brooklyn Nets 20/1
Denver Nuggets 30/1
Los Angeles Clippers 30/1
Orlando Magic 30/1
Memphis Grizzlies 30/1
New York Knicks 60/1
Atlanta Hawks 60/1
Philadelphia 76ers 60/1
Charlotte Bobcats 100/1
Toronto Raptors 100/1
Washington Wizards 100/1
Detroit Pistons 100/1
Cleveland Cavaliers 100/1
Phoenix Suns 100/1
Sacramento Kings 100/1
New Orleans Hornets 100/1
Golden State Warriors 100/1
Houston Rockets 100/1
Minnesota Timberwolves 100/1
Portland Blazers 100/1
Utah Jazz 100/1
Milwaukee Bucks 100/1

Emwitus

Please don't get a one dimensional 3 point shooter again mitch!!! Please don't! Look at that trophy/kapono disaster. We need a guy with heart and young.........Emphasis on YOUNG!!!

SamuraiX-

fucking hell the raptors are so incompetent. So many seasons of mediocrity...Colangelo has to be one of the worst GMs in the league.

Look at a team like Cleavland or Hornets... lose their franchise guys but recover in a year through proper tanking and smart drafting.

To be fair, if the Clippers weren't stupid enough to give up what turned out to be the #1 pick for Mo Williams and Jamario Moon, Chris Grant would be looking like a classic draft clown GM right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom