• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Bynum for Nowitzki. Do it for Dirk!!
Buss is way too sexually attracted to Bynum to trade him for anyone.

Throwing the salary cap out of consideration, if Buss could trade Bynum for Lebron, Durant AND C Ceballos he would still have to think about it. I mean cmon! When you can get Ceballos you gotta make that trade, and to get role players (in relation to the great Cedric) on top it would be a no brainer.

linsivvi

Suns still have his rights so it would be a sign n trade for a pick or something. Highly unlikely until the gordon situation plays out though since brooks could be valuable there.

Yeah but the Suns want to get rid of him eventually right? It's a long summer and I doubt Cuban would stand pat.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nash is already going hollywood.

"I'd like to play three more years and then get more involved in some of these other pursuits, most notably my production company. It is something I spend a lot of time on," Nash recently told Forbes.

Now the Canadian playmaker, whose new three-year deal with the Lakers is worth a reported $27 million, is said to be working as a producer on a film about Brazilian soccer legend Pele that is timed for the 2014 World Cup.

Nash, 38, also has an ownership interest in the Vancouver Whitecaps, a Major League Soccer franchise.

The future Hall of Famer has appeared as himself in such films as Like Mike (2002) and Life as We Know It (2010) and on episodes of Entourage, The Cleveland Show and Barfly. Meathawk has done ads for Nike, VitaminWater, Toyota and EA Sports, some of which have featured the basketball star.

SUPREME1

Banned
Nash is already going hollywood.

"I'd like to play three more years and then get more involved in some of these other pursuits, most notably my production company. It is something I spend a lot of time on," Nash recently told Forbes.

Now the Canadian playmaker, whose new three-year deal with the Lakers is worth a reported $27 million, is said to be working as a producer on a film about Brazilian soccer legend Pele that is timed for the 2014 World Cup.

Nash, 38, also has an ownership interest in the Vancouver Whitecaps, a Major League Soccer franchise.

The future Hall of Famer has appeared as himself in such films as Like Mike (2002) and Life as We Know It (2010) and on episodes of Entourage, The Cleveland Show and Barfly. Meathawk has done ads for Nike, VitaminWater, Toyota and EA Sports, some of which have featured the basketball star.

See Dwight, come to Hollywood. You will be a star!

Bowser

So the Mavs tanked for Jason Kidd?

RBIM4.gif

Are the Lakers just blowing smoke about not wanting to move Bynum for Dwight? Hard to imagine that they'd pass up the opportunity.

I think they are afraid of calling his bluff regarding free agency and having him walk away for nothing. This doesn't bother me for 2 reasons:

1) Lakers would have his bird rights so he'd have to not only leave LA, but also leave $25 million on the table. We saw already that Deron couldn't bring himself to do this, and remember Brooklyn would be off the table so
He'd be going to Atlanta or someplace else.

2). Even of he does walk away, that saves us from committing a max contract to Bynum. Let Kobe and Pau expire the next season and trade Nash as an expiring contract and you have practically zero money comitted in 2014.
Rebuild time!

Cloudy

Banned
The Lakers will be paying $90 million in player salaries this upcoming season.

wtf

If we can get Grant Hill for cheap, I can see Ron being amnestied. He's not worth 7+ mil when he can't even slow down elite scorers anymore. I like him though and I'll be kind of sad to see him go

SoulPlaya

more money than God
While the rest of the teams are being proactive, the Bulls have offered a max contract to a bag of chips. If that falls through, they'll offer trash can a deal to be their shooting guard.

tmdorsey

I'm hoping that Josh Smith is in Dwight and Chris Paul's ear right now telling them "Let's get this AAU connection back together and own this league with Chris running point"

Now that I've said it, I know it's not going to happend. :(

While the rest of the teams are being proactive, the Bulls have offered a max contract to a bag of chips. If that falls through, they'll offer trash can a deal to be their shooting guard.

Trash can is a Knicks RFA. Will match, trash can gets them way too much merchandise dollars to give up. New York's trash can population alone make his back loaded deal worth matching.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I think they are afraid of calling his bluff regarding free agency and having him walk away for nothing. This doesn't bother me for 2 reasons:

1) Lakers would have his bird rights so he'd have to not only leave LA, but also leave $25 million on the table. We saw already that Deron couldn't bring himself to do this, and remember Brooklyn would be off the table so
He'd be going to Atlanta or someplace else.

2). Even of he does walk away, that saves us from committing a max contract to Bynum. Let Kobe and Pau expire the next season and trade Nash as an expiring contract and you have practically zero money comitted in 2014.
Rebuild time!

Yeah so essentially we win either way :lol. Of course if we go into rebuilding in 2014 then our 2015 1st rounder to PHX may suddenly become valuable.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
With Rose out, they should save money and tank for a high pick.
With Boozer as our PF, tanking is impossible. He alone guarantees forty wins.

Trash can is a Knicks RFA. Will match, trash can gets them way too much merchandise dollars to give up. New York's trash can population alone make his back loaded deal worth matching.
I think you're underestimating the amount of trash that lives in Chicago.

Cloudy

Banned
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

While u wasting energy hatin' on me, I'm enjoying time with me family. If I can't relate to that I feel sorry for u.
Expand

Chris Broussard Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

For all the haters, I was off yesterday too. Any work done was bonus. We get days off just like u. I got a life beyond the NBA.

lmao. Dude is pissed at the criticism of his sources (He was responding to people making fun how he'd "break" the Nash news)

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Billups and Crawford sign with Clippers
The Clippers were informed on Thursday that guards Jamal Crawford and Chauncey Billups intend to sign contracts with the team when the NBA’s moratorium period is lifted for free agents to sign deals, according to NBA executives who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

Crawford, an unrestricted free agent who opted out of his $5.2 million contract with the Portland Trail Blazers, has been offered a spot by the Clippers. He is expected to sign a three-year, $15.7 million contract, according to the executives.

Billups, who played in just 20 games last season with the Clippers before suffering a season-ending left Achilles tendon surgery, will sign a one-year deal that could be worth up to $4.3 million if he reaches bonuses, the executives said.

JoeFu

Banned
Lin needs to hurry and sign an offer sheet so the Mavs don't waste even more money.

Why Kidd at 3/9..................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom