• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I've had time to reflect and battle it out with other stupid Suns fans over our recent moves.

First off, let me eat some crow pie served by Mamba, the Nash trade truly shocked me. I didn't think about the proximity of his kids and ex wife, actually thought they were in NY since the divorce. I guess not.

Barring getting Shumpert which I don't think was going to happen, at least not fast enough to find an adequate replacement in Dragic, I think we got the best deal we could. Four draft picks is a pretty nice pull for a PG that age and hopefully they'll become useful trade assets. As a rebuilding team, the more picks the better.

Next order of business, THE DRAGON IS BACK! Fuck yeah! I think letting him go to Houston was a blessing in disguise, let him develop a lot more and become a better player. He wouldn't have gotten that backing up Nash and now we can have the confidence to sign him to a deal as our starter. Speaking of which, fantastic deal! Very savvy of the FO, underbidding Houston's original offer but adding bonus incentives to get him to agree. Beasley deal is right around where I wanted it to give him a test run, good job there.

Perhaps the Babby/Blanks duo just took some time to learn as Kerr did. Maybe they can be solid after all. Too soon to say for sure but I can say that they've done a good job this off season and I've went from having zero confidence in them to being hopeful. Now we need to see how they use our picks in the future. Just sucks that we can't go hard for C.Lee or even Mayo since we have to wait for the Gordon fallout. Hope all our options aren't gone by then...don't want to overpay Brown.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
Just going up online and via SportsCenter: Sources tell ESPN that Raptors are on verge of acquiring Rockets guard Kyle Lowry via trade

Who the hell are the Rockets starting at PG next year?

SUPREME1

Banned

Breaking news:

ESPN's Chris Broussard is reporting that sources close to Chris Broussard, with intimate knowledge of his travel plans, believe he has already boarded a plane headed to a Caribbean island located somewhere in the Caribbean islands. Those sources believe he will touch down some time in the near future.

Stick with ESPN as we follow these breaking developments.

ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports

Gabyskra

Banned
ESPNSteinLine
Just going up online and via SportsCenter: Sources tell ESPN that Raptors are on verge of acquiring Rockets guard Kyle Lowry via trade

Who the hell are the Rockets starting at PG next year?

How confident are they that the Knicks won't match on Lin? WTF?

*edit*

Wait, maybe they're getting Calderon...

SamuraiX-

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
Trade specifics still being worked out for what Houston will get but sources say Rockets WILL receive at least one future first-round pick
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Houston has reached agreement to send Kyle Lowry to the Raptors for a package that includes a future lottery pick, source tells

MOREY GOT A PLAN

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
Houston has reached agreement to send Kyle Lowry to the Raptors for a package that includes a future lottery pick, source tells Y!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

linsivvi

Morey is truly a wizard. In just a couple days he made every other front office in the league seem competent. Who else is capable of doing that?

Flash

wtf? raptors better make these picks protected cause I can't imagine them being very good in the near future. Giving up a top 5 pick for Lowry is potentially disastrous.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
It's officially complete tank mode.

Happy for that.... still so beyond disgusted with Morey, Les and McHale.

Morey's ass better not be back next season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
chadfordinsider
Rockets tried to get Raptors '12 pick for Lowry. Wanted either Andre Drummond or Austin Rivers. Future 1st likely comes in weaker '13 Draft

Yeah but Chad Ford don't realize the Raptors will be the worst team in the NBA that doesn't play in Charlotte next season.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
That seems like .. very little for Lowry. He was kinda super awesome last year.

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Toronto will send a future first-round pick that source says "is conditional with high upside" for Houston. "Guaranteed lottery pick."

I could see the Raptors improving by at least 10 wins this season though.

Brinbe

I'm bracing myself for massive stupidity... fucking hell. Ten extra wins turns us into the 13th worst team in the league and the 9th/10th seed, big whoop. Treadmill on!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
AWoj said:
Toronto will send a future first-round pick that source says "is conditional with high upside" for Houston. "Guaranteed lottery pick."
lulz

Meier

Not terribly excited about Jameer re-upping.. but the market is pretty dry for a PG and the front office decided not to even attempt to draft one so not a big surprise.

The irony in the situation is I think he would have been traded years ago if he and Dwight weren't so close. Arguably, Dwight having him kept around ended up resulting in Dwight wanting to leave in the end since a real, true PG was probably our biggest need for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom