• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rockets drafting a PF next year for sure... calling it now!

Smokey

It's officially complete tank mode.

Happy for that.... still so beyond disgusted with Morey, Les and McHale.

Morey's ass better not be back next season.

Tank mode has been enabled, and not by design. It came about as morey navigated the franchise to the most disasterous off season in recent memory. Either way it is finally here.

Let us Celebrate

It's officially complete tank mode.

Happy for that.... still so beyond disgusted with Morey, Les and McHale.

Morey's ass better not be back next season.

Start Machado!
I dunno why everyone is worried. We got Machado, and Shaun "former fourth overall pick" Livingston. Watch us start the rooks and end up 14th again...

RBH

Toronto will send a future first-round pick that source says "is conditional with high upside" for Houston. "Guaranteed lottery pick."
Sounds like a "reverse protection" type of situation.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not terribly excited about Jameer re-upping.. but the market is pretty dry for a PG and the front office decided not to even attempt to draft one so not a big surprise.

The irony in the situation is I think he would have been traded years ago if he and Dwight weren't so close. Arguably, Dwight having him kept around ended up resulting in Dwight wanting to leave in the end since a real, true PG was probably our biggest need for many years.

Yeah not really. Dwight was trying to throw Jameer under the bus the past few seasons. He wanted a new PG.

Also from last year:
Several of Howard’s teammates are hoping for his departure as well. Toward the end of last season, Howard came close to a physical altercation with teammate Jameer Nelson at the Magic’s practice facility. Howard was sidelined with a back injury at the time, but nearly came to blows with Nelson for unknown reasons, according to sources. The two players had to be separated

Flash

What a fucking idiot. Just start Bayless

lol no. Lowry is a lot better than Bayless.

But still kind of scary cause the Raptors are pretty damn terrible... but with the addition of Val, Lowry, Fields and Ross we SHOULD be better than last year... again, hopefully its for a protected pick:/

RBH

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Guard Jamal Crawford's deal done and he will get a four-year, $25 million deal (with bonuses) from Clippers, sources told Yahoo!
ijvP67HLb2XuY.jpg

Brinbe

lol no. Lowry is a lot better than Bayless.

But still kind of scary cause the Raptors are pretty damn terrible... but with the addition of Val, Lowry, Fields and Ross we SHOULD be better than last year... again, hopefully its for a protected pick:/
He's marginally better, but not enough of an upgrade to complete a dumbfuck trade like this. And that roster still leaves us far behind the rest of the Atlantic. Expecting Ross and Val to contribute much of anything as rooks is a stretch.

Without Lowry, Dragic, or Lee, we may have to keep Martin to reach the salary floor. Scola should be on the way out. I guess next offseason we can make a run at whoever the Thunder don't keep.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Tank mode has been enabled, and not by design. It came about as morey navigated the franchise to the most disasterous off season in recent memory. Either way it is finally here.

Let us Celebrate

Remember how we were gonna land a superstar in the offseason finally?! ASIKKKKKKKKK

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Jeremy Lin and Rockets still discussing offer sheet, source says. They're working on the "structure" of deal. Knicks have right to match.

Offer the max. Knicks are going to match no matter what.

Flash

He's marginally better, but not enough of an upgrade to complete a dumbfuck trade like this. And that roster still leaves us far behind the rest of the Atlantic. Expecting Ross and Val to contribute much of anything as rooks is a stretch.

that's true... this just reeks of a typical Colangelo desperation move to save some face.

Matrix

I hope (lets say wish, cause Im not sure they can) the Rockets withdraw their offer to Asik.... I mean wtf do they need him now. Why do we need defense?

SamuraiX-

Kyle Lowry / Jose Calderon / Jerryd Bayless
DeMar DeRozan / Terrence Rose (?)
Terrence Ross / Lineas Kleiza / Quincy Acy / James Johnson
Ed Davis / Amir Johnson
Andrea Bargnani

That team gets at least 30-35 wins in the East.

Gabyskra

Banned
Ed Davis / Amir Johnson
Andrea Bargnani

You forgot Landry Fields, he's starting over Ross

Flash

So can the Lakers get Calderon?

lol why? Nash and Blake will have the pg down. Lakers don't need another no defense playing pg. Better if they pick up some guys that can hit 3s of the bench.

Ed Davis / Amir Johnson
Andrea Bargnani

you forgot Valanciunas... probably the only hope Raptors fans have. I think 30 to 35 wins is definitely attainable.

RBH

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
Rockets will get Gary Forbes in the trade, a source said, but Rockets will deal Lowry for pick. Exact details of protection still discussed
Another forward for the Rockets. :lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ed Davis / Amir Johnson
Andrea Bargnani

That team is marginally better than last year. They will suck beyond all hell. Kyle Lowry will be bitching to be traded by midseason. Bottom 5 team.

Bowser

The Rockets need a PG, and the Bobcats need a PF.....hmm I think a deal should be in the works here. Patterson and Morris for Augustin?

I'd try to pry Terrence Jones from them...someone MKG would be comfortable with and another nice young piece to grow with the team.

Cloudy

Banned
lol why? Nash and Blake will have the pg down. Lakers don't need another no defense playing pg. Better if they pick up some guys that can hit 3s of the bench.

Nash's durability is suspect and Blake sux. That said, I guess a defensive combo-guard who can shoot 3s is better

Flash

Colangelo vs Morey... I'm actually very curious of the details of the draft pick. It will finally settle who is truly the worst GM in the league.

that said, Colangelo should only look to deal with guys like Morey, King, and Khan. Fuck getting fleeced by the rest

linsivvi

Did I miss anyone?

Courtney Fortson PG
Shaun Livingston PG
Jeremy Lamb SG
Kevin Martin SG
Jon Leuer F
Marcus Morris F
Chandler Parsons F
Diamon Simpson F
Gary Forbes F
Furkan Aldemir PF