• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Rockets and Raptors are working on something "innovative," source says, with lottery protection on 1st round pick returning to Houston.

Brinbe

Kyle Lowry / Jose Calderon / Jerryd Bayless
DeMar DeRozan / Terrence Rose (?)
Terrence Ross / Lineas Kleiza / Quincy Acy / James Johnson
Ed Davis / Amir Johnson
Andrea Bargnani

That team gets at least 30-35 wins in the East.

You forgot Fields/Valanciunas, and we have signed Ben Uzoh/Alan Anderson under non-guaranteed deals, but that's pretty much right. We're also apparently we're also interested in Brandon Rush, so he could be another signing.

But I have a feeling this isn't it for BC and guys like JJ/Ed-Amir could be gone via trade. Mediocrity ahoy!

Did I miss anyone?

Courtney Fortson PG
Jeremy Lamb SG
Kevin Martin SG
Jon Leuer F
Marcus Morris F
Chandler Parsons F
Diamon Simpson F
Gary Forbes F
Furkan Aldemir PF
Terrence Jones PF
Patrick Patterson PF
Luis Scola PF
Royce White PF
Greg Smith C
Samuel Dalembert C
Omer Asik C
Dalembert was traded.

SamuraiX-

That team is marginally better than last year. They will suck beyond all hell. Kyle Lowry will be bitching to be traded by midseason. Bottom 5 team.

Revised (assuming Val comes over):
DeMar DeRozan / Terrence Ross
Landry Fields / Lineas Kleiza / Quincy Acy / James Johnson
Ed Davis / Amir Johnson
Andrea Bargnani / Jonas Valanciunas

Yup. That teams definitely wins 35 games at least.

Did I miss anyone?
Shaun Livingston PG
Courtney Fortson PG
Jeremy Lamb SG
Kevin Martin SG
Jon Leuer F
Marcus Morris F
Chandler Parsons F
Diamon Simpson F
Jon Brockman PF
Furkan Aldemir PF
Terrence Jones PF
Patrick Patterson PF
Luis Scola PF
Royce White PF
Greg Smith C

Fixed

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Did I miss anyone?

Courtney Fortson PG
Jeremy Lamb SG
Kevin Martin SG
Jon Leuer F
Marcus Morris F
Chandler Parsons F
Diamon Simpson F
Gary Forbes F
Furkan Aldemir PF
Terrence Jones PF
Patrick Patterson PF
Luis Scola PF
Royce White PF
Greg Smith C
Samuel Dalembert C
Omer Asik C

Seems right, for now.... LMAO

except Dalembert is gone. ASIK FUTURE GONNA HELP US WIN IT ALL RIGHT KAD

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
DeMar DeRozan / Terrence Rose (?)
Terrence Ross / Lineas Kleiza / Quincy Acy / James Johnson
Ed Davis / Amir Johnson
Andrea Bargnani

That team gets at least 30-35 wins in the East.

People way under estimate DeRozan's inability to shoot and Davis' inability to give a shit. Raptors will probably let Calderon walk without trading him too, because Colangelo is brilliant.

Meier

Yeah not really. Dwight was trying to throw Jameer under the bus the past few seasons. He wanted a new PG.

Yeah I know that's the case in recent memory. Look back beyond the past year or two though. The reason he is still a Magic player is because he and Dwight were so close earlier in their careers.

Brinbe

People way under estimate DeRozan's inability to shoot and Davis' inability to give a shit. Raptors will probably let Calderon walk without trading him too, because Colangelo is brilliant.
At best, we'll trade him to some contender for a late 2nd that we'll just use to select some useless Euro fuck.

I'd try to pry Terrence Jones from them...someone MKG would be comfortable with and another nice young piece to grow with the team.

I'd love to get Jones or White from them, but I doubt the Rockets would give either of them up for DJ. Patterson went to Kentucky too and would be a good rotational player for us, it would be a good trade for both teams I think.

Smokey

I'd love to get Jones or White from them, but I doubt the Rockets would give either of them up for DJ. Patterson went to Kentucky too and would be a good rotational player for us, it would be a good trade for both teams I think.

you are underestimating morey

he is the new kahn

Bowser

Ya'll just a bunch of SF thieves.

? Jones would definitely be a PF (6'9" with shoes, 252 lbs)

-Terrence Jones (6'8.25 without shoes, 7'2.25 wingspan, 252 pounds) is an interesting case. He resembles a number of high level talents like Al Horford and Amare' Stoudemire in terms of height and wingspan, but is rather unique because of his 252 pound frame. His weight would actually place him above the mean for all center prospects in our database and is unique for a young athletic power forward. The best comparison for Jones physically may actually be Juwan Howard circa 1994 (6'8.5 without shoes, 253 pounds).

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1zm61BASO

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
daldridgetnt
Rockets are telling people theyre guaranteed future Lottery pick from Toronto in Lowry deal (ESPN first), tho it's unclear how that happens.

Do they really need to mess around with a stipulation? Theres no chance in hell the Raptors make the playoffs next year even in the East.

shira

You forgot Fields/Valanciunas, and we have signed Ben Uzoh/Alan Anderson under non-guaranteed deals, but that's pretty much right. We're also apparently we're also interested in Brandon Rush, so he could be another signing.

But I have a feeling this isn't it for BC and guys like JJ/Ed-Amir could be gone via trade. Mediocrity ahoy!
Andrew Wiggins we are going to practice tanking all season so you can Lebron our asses out of the gutter.

Flash

HE'S VERSATILE!

Ed Davis is coo

lol ed davis does not give a fuck about raptors, rightfully so. The guy is barely given a fair opportunity to show himself and it's so obvious that he's going to bolt (and excel) at the first opportunity.

Colangelo redeemed.

I dunno about you guys but Plan B sounds a lot better than Plan A.

let's wait and see to hear about the draft stipulations. Giving up a top 5 pick for lowry could be horrible. Another one of those signature "band-aid" moves that Colangelo has become notorious for here in Toronto.

thekad

Banned
Revised (assuming Val comes over):
DeMar DeRozan / Terrence Ross
Landry Fields / Lineas Kleiza / Quincy Acy / James Johnson
Ed Davis / Amir Johnson
Andrea Bargnani / Jonas Valanciunas

Yup. That teams definitely wins 35 games at least.

Lowry just gone done being the best player on a 40 win team playing with Scola, Martin, and a good bench. Don't see him leading that garbage team to 40 wins.

Honestly, with the way this league's future looks, you can tank for a decade and it won't mean shit

OKC+MIA has more talent than the remaining 28 teams combined. Once Deron/Dwight move, Kevin Love will be the only good/great player in the bottom twenty, twenty-two teams (MIA, OKC, LAL, LAC, SAS, BOS, CHI, DAL). A few of the top teams are getting old too, so I expect it to consolidate even further.

The difference between the top and the bottom has never been so large.

masud

Banned
WojYahooNBA
Jeremy Lin and Rockets still discussing offer sheet, source says. They're working on the "structure" of deal. Knicks have right to match.

Offer the max. Knicks are going to match no matter what.

Yeah it's already been reported that the Knicks will match a back loaded 4 year max contract for Lin (Melo and Stat are off the books for the 4th year so it would only really hurt for the 3rd.) It's over, the only reason for the Rockets to offer that deal to Lin would be to screw over the Knicks, so of course it's gonna happen...

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
The Rockets and Raptors are working on something "innovative," source says, with lottery protection on 1st round pick returning to Houston.

Reverse protection. If the pick is outside of the top 7 the Raptors get to keep it!

RBH

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
Rockets-Raptors pick will be protected both ways. Rockets won't get it if too high, but also will wait if Raptors season makes it too late.
what

Flash

You move DeRozan to the 3 where he belongs and Bargs to the 4 and that team looks alright to me.

Atlantic division is tougher than ever though. Everyone except Boston should improve. And even then, I don't see Boston regressing that much with the addition of Terry, Sullinger, and possibly Nick Young. Nets on the other hand should see significant improvements with an entire year of DWill, Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace. Knicks will probably be the same/marginally better than last year.

Casey is a pretty good coach though, the fact he was able to squeeze even 23 wins out of THAT team last year showed me a lot. That was arguably one of the worst rosters in the NBA.

Brinbe

Jose Calderon gets amnestied?
Until it happens, I'm convinced that Jose and Andrea are Raptors 4 life.

You move DeRozan to the 3 where he belongs and Bargs to the 4 and that team looks alright to me.

Or maybe Demar doesn't even start or Toronto sells high on him and trade him?
I think that's a possibility, as he's allegedly bulked up this summer. But I hope we just unload him on some team still sold on his potential. He sucks.

Atlantic division is tougher than ever though. Everyone except Boston should improve. And even then, I don't see Boston regressing that much with the addition of Terry, Sullinger, and possibly Nick Young. Nets on the other hand should see significant improvements with an entire year of DWill, Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace. Knicks will probably be the same/marginally better than last year.

Casey is a pretty good coach though, the fact he was able to squeeze even 23 wins out of THAT team last year showed me a lot. That was arguably one of the worst rosters in the NBA.
Absolute truth. One of the few positives within this organization.

Honestly, with the way this league's future looks, you can tank for a decade and it won't mean shit

OKC+MIA has more talent than the remaining 28 teams combined. Once Deron/Dwight move, Kevin Love will be the only good/great player in the bottom twenty, twenty-two teams (MIA, OKC, LAL, LAC, SAS, BOS, CHI, DAL). A few of the top teams are getting old too, so I expect it to consolidate even further.

The difference between the top and the bottom has never been so large.

You're assuming that new top level talent won't emerge from the teams that are tanking to get high picks. DMZ, Irving, Wall, Rubio, Monroe, Gordon, etc. are all emerging young stars that will do some damage in the league.

You're assuming that new top level talent won't emerge from the teams that are tanking to get high picks. DMZ, Irving, Wall, Rubio, Monroe, Gordon, etc. are all emerging young stars that will do some damage in the league.

Damage? What kind of damage?

Scrape their way to an 8th seed and then get swept by the superteams year after year, only to join them later, because its the only option if they want to win?

Cause thats what we're headed towards.

[and holy shit if Wall and Monroe are the best you could come up with for the remaining 22 teams, then you're just proving my point lol]

Bowser

Damage? What kind of damage?

Scrape their way to an 8th seed and then get swept by the superteams year after year, only to join them later, because its the only option if they want to win?

Cause thats what we're headed towards.

It's also only a short matter of time before Dirk, Kobe, Duncan, Garnett, Pierce, Nash, etc. retire though.

thekad

Banned
^He built a great team around Yao and T-Mac and thus an incredible amount of goodwill. Problem is, that seems to be all he's good at. Building around stars; not getting them. But it looks like may finally be learning.

I'll laugh (or cry) if Morey still isn't rebuilding and we go into the season with Scola and KMart starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom