• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Mavs have Aaron Brooks, Randy Foye on list of potential PGs, per source. Expect they'll look at Sessions, too. ESPN first w/Kidd to NY.

Ken Berger @KBergCBS

Knicks have non-guaranteed contracts they could offer Portland for Felton -- or Dallas for Kidd -- in sign-and trades. Cash, too, of course.
Apparently Knicks are trying to S&T Kidd, if that doesn't work they'll sign him outright.

giri

They better not overpay, it'd be fucking stupid. They have no shot next year, might as well just tank this year.

Uhh

Mavs can't tank with dirk on the roster. You realize this right. Like they tank, he has to be shipped out, because he will single handedly ruin your chance at a top 5 pick.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
If Cuban is really the grandmaster of breaking down tape he claims to be, he shout hate the prospect of signing a tunnel visioned PG like Sessions to anything like these crazy contracts which are flying around.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Uhh

Mavs can't tank with dirk on the roster. You realize this right. Like they tank, he has to be shipped out, because he will single handedly ruin your chance at a top 5 pick.

Dat no trade clause.

Although I can't imagine this is how Dirk wants to end his career. Unless he doesn't give a fuck anymore.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ian O'Connor ‏@Ian_OConnor
Jeremy Lin wants more $ than reported $31 million offer from Houston, according to league source. #Knicks facing a hefty match

Looks like he knows hes a total cash cow.

shira

Jeremy Lin wants more $ than reported $31 million offer from Houston, according to league source. #Knicks facing a hefty match

Well the knicks said they would match so why not ask for more.

giri

Maybe, but is he even worth that much as a player?

The other question is, can Houston even offer much more?

It's amazing. People seem to be moving just to move and make deals for literally no reason.

People will look back at the Asik "sweepstakes" and be like "why?"

What do you mean look back?

we were asking why before hand.

Alrix

What do you mean look back?

we were asking why before hand.

Could the knicks offer a 5 year deal backloaded in years 4 and 5, which are after the amare-carmelo-tyson contracts come off the books (I think)?

I hope he retires a bull.

(that would be pretty awesome spot for him actually)

Hmm, I like this.

Also Cho better be on the phone peddling DJ to Houston. He played HS ball in Houston and went to Texas, and they desperately need a middling PG that won't take them anywhere. They're the perfect trading partner. Take Patterson or Jones off their hands and call it a day.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

As much as I like Lin as a player there is no way any player is worth something like 40 million after only starting 25 games in his career (not counting what hes potentially worth to a franchise off the court).

Knicks are going to match no matter what. Everybody knows it.

giri

Could the knicks offer a 5 year deal backloaded in years 4 and 5, which are after the amare-carmelo-tyson contracts come off the books (I think)?
NFI personally, not that invested in the new CBA details. But i don't think NY can.
Hmm, I like this.

Also Cho better be on the phone peddling DJ to Houston. He played HS ball in Houston and went to Texas, and they desperately need a middling PG that won't take them anywhere. They're the perfect trading partner. Take Patterson or Jones off their hands and call it a day.

Houston seem pretty enamored with Patterson, doubt you'll get him.

shira

As much as I like Lin as a player there is no way any player is worth something like 40 million after only starting 25 games in his career (not counting what hes potentially worth to a franchise off the court).

He solved a TV deal ffs

His play may not warrant the money, but his financial value to the team and the Asian market is pretty neat.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He solved a TV deal ffs

His play may not warrant the money, but his financial value to the team and the Asian market is pretty neat.

Yeah thats why hes going to get paid. The Knicks really have to keep him especially with all the attention Brooklyn will be getting.

h3ro

So the Mavs tanked for Jason Kidd?

dMDeX.jpg

Smokey

Just heard on radio from rockets beat writer the $10 mill reports for dragic are wrong. The deal breaker was the 4th year player option. The rockets don't believe in player options and that was the difference.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Veteran F Rashard Lewis, bought out by the Hornets after coming in Okafor/Ariza trade from D.C., will visit Miami this weekend, per source.

Fuck. No. Don't do it Rashard :(

Just heard on radio from rockets beat writer the $10 mill reports are wrong. The deal breaker was the 4th year player option. The rockets don't believe in player options and that was the difference.
... please tell me that's not true.

The dealbreaker for Lin was a 4th year player Option? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Or is that for Dragic?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hmm, I like this.

Patterson would burst my pants

Canuck76

Banned
hahahaha just found this chris broussard smackdown by skip bayless on youtube. It's a bit old but maybe others haven't seen it. Skip pretty blatantly just comes out and questions the dude as a journalist, pretty funny.

But seriously ESPN has to be thinking about dropping this guy now, dudes a joke.

giri

Just heard on radio from rockets beat writer the $10 mill reports are wrong. The deal breaker was the 4th year player option. The rockets don't believe in player options and that was the difference.

I wonder if the Rockets can get their off season moves undone based on proving their whole FO is mentally insane?

masud

Banned
Sportscenter is reporting that the Knicks have given up on Lin because they are gonna sign Kidd. Why do I even watch this shit?

Is ESPN stupid? They're reporting that the Kidd to Knicks deal means they're "obviously" not going to pursue Jeremy Lin.

... morons. They're the only outlet saying this, why do I ever bother?

Crawford, who opted out of the last year of his deal with the Trail Blazers, will receive a multiyear contract. A source told Broussard he will get a four-year deal for between $21 million and $25 million. The Times reported he will get a three-year deal for $15.7 million.

Uh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom