• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

_woLf

I'm surprised Roy went with someone in the same division as Portland...that kinda stings. Hope his knees will be alright, though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
People get that the knicks can't not match Lin, right?

I don't think he's a great PG or anything, but that team needs A PG. And he's their only option.

And he may just help them pay for Amare's knee's.

Kidd is still a better PG, even tho he killed commish's dog..

Lowry is better than all the FA PG getting tossed around, so yeah, thats a nice get. But Fields is totally overpriced...you could get much better players for 8+ million/year this FA summer.

But why would Philly do this trade? Makes no sense for them.

I dunno, why would Houston trade their only point guard for potentially nothing? Why would Landry Fields get $18 million? Why would Dwight Howard get al excited about becoming a Net then throw away all his leverage for nothing? Why would Jeff Green get $40 million? Why would Steve Nash become Kobe's sidekick? Why would Jamal Crawford still be getting big deals?

I'm just expecting stuff that makes no sense to happen at this point.

giri

Never mind the fact that by inking Kidd is like getting an Offensive Coach, dude knows more on running an offense than anyone on the Knicks sidelines.

You're assuming that

1) Kidd didn't really just sign there to get some spending cash while he fucks everything that moves and parties harder than cavs LBJ
2)Anyone on the actual team is going to listen to him
3)Woodson.

Kidd is still a better PG, even tho he killed commish's dog..

After last season, i wouldn't say he is.

The year before, yes.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I dunno, why would Houston trade their only point guard for potentially nothing? Why would Landry Fields get $18 million? Why would Dwight Howard get al excited about becoming a Net then throw away all his leverage for nothing? Why would Jeff Green get $40 million? Why would Steve Nash become Kobe's sidekick? Why would Jamal Crawford still be getting big deals?

I'm just expecting stuff that makes no sense to happen at this point.

So you're saying that Kemba Walker will be an all-star point guard this season?

Source: After speaking w/ Kobe & Nash and liking what he heard, @DwightHoward has told the @Lakers he'll sign contract extension with them.

cheeringybu2o.gif

David Wiess ‏@WiessD
Source: After speaking w/ Kobe & Nash and liking what he heard, @DwightHoward has told the @Lakers he'll sign contract extension with them.

Who is this guy!?!?

Sports journalist for the AP covering the NBA & MLB. Follow me for complete coverage of the NBA & MLB. Special focus on LA Lakers/Clippers & Dodgers/Angels.

PS: Thanks Kado for the Av!

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Jon Krawczynski ‏@APkrawczynski

APNewsBreak: Timberwolves agree to terms with Batum on 4-year, $45M offer sheet with bonuses that can push it past $50M. Batum wants MN.

Calling Portland's bluff.

giga

Who da fuck is David Wiess…

Sports journalist for the AP covering the NBA & MLB. Follow me for complete coverage of the NBA & MLB. Special focus on LA Lakers/Clippers & Dodgers/Angels.

…god damn it.

You're assuming that

1) Kidd didn't really just sign there to get some spending cash while he fucks everything that moves and parties harder than cavs LBJ
2)Anyone on the actual team is going to listen to him
3)Woodson.
1) Has that been Kidd's MO recently? Let's not do this "He's a Knick so now he's J.R. Smith" business. The only shit I remember is when he was fighting with his wife and that was years ago. I've heard nothing about him the last 2 years being a terrible teammate.
2) If the Knicks listened to Chauncey Billups and BARON FUCKING DAVIS of all people, they're listen to Kidd. Besides Kidd is still a God in the NY media, you think he can't get a coach in hot water? Go ask Byron Scott.
3) See 2)

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kobe and Nash convince Dwight to become a Laker. Meanwhile, Rose is too busy watching Saved by the Bell DVDs.

I hate being a fan of this team!!!!

_woLf

It's going to be heartbreaking if I go to a home game in Portland just to see both Roy and Batum in Timberwolves jerseys.

Blackace

Kobe and Nash convince Dwight to become a Laker. Meanwhile, Rose is too busy watching Saved by the Bell DVDs.

I hate being a fan of this team!!!!

Rose in his terminator voice

"Come. To. Chicago. Together. We. We. We. We. Rebooting. We. Will. Win. Games."

Blackace

fixed that for ya chief.

I love quickly Laker fans throw their beloved under a bus.. dude ain't even been traded yet..

Also one of the two players being trade just had his back opened up.. so I wouldn't be so smug yet..

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Rose in his terminator voice

"Come. To. Chicago. Together. We. We. We. We. Rebooting. We. Will. Win. Games."
It's so damn frustrating. Be a leader, you jackass! Say something! I understand you're from Englewood, but do something! No ACL havin' son of a bitch!

One of the tough things that I remember 11 years ago is that people had a horrible time judging players after the Lockout. How much of any dropoff/ascent is due to it and such... now that you have a normal season with fewer b2b and more days off how will a player respond?

I'm going to trust that Kidd won't look as done as last year, but they really gotta monitor his minutes. Knicks should look into getting a scrub PG as the 3rd guy, some D-Leaguer or something.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Holy shit, great deal. Wish the Cats would have signed him for that actually.

We could really use another big. I love Biyombo, but he simply can't dominate the entire glass AND be the only defender in the paint. Anyone that can put a body on someone and rebound.

Just not too good. Don't want to get carried away.

Blackace

One of the tough things that I remember 11 years ago is that people had a horrible time judging players after the Lockout. How much of any dropoff/ascent is due to it and such... now that you have a normal season with fewer b2b and more days off how will a player respond?

I'm going to trust that Kidd won't look as done as last year, but they really gotta monitor his minutes. Knicks should look into getting a scrub PG as the 3rd guy, some D-Leaguer or something.

Kidd is a pass first/only PG..

Knicks have weapons for him..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom