• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuC

He's the biggest project ever offensively. He can't even catch a basketball and make a layup correctly. He shot 29.7% from the line, he airballed every jumphook he took in college. His offense is so bad in so many simple aspects that I think it's optimistic to think he has more offensive upside than an efficient dunker like Chandler (and that's if he pans out)

Biggest project ever offensively, uh no.

Catching the ball is actually one of his strengths, and he showed flashes all season offensively, no he didn't airball every jumphook. If his offense were as bad as you're making it seem he wouldn't have averaged 10ppg to begin with. I think he is a pick and roll power forward trapped in a centers body, we'll see how he turns out, but you're going overboard.

Catching the ball is actually one of his strengths, and he showed flashes all season offensively, no he didn't airball every jumphook. If his offense were as bad as you're making it seem he wouldn't have averaged 10ppg to begin with. I think he is a pick and roll power forward trapped in a centers body, we'll see how he turns out, but you're going overboard.

Teams didn't even guard him.

He was horribly inefficient despite not taking a shot outside of the paint with almost all of those shots being dunks or layups.

I think he could still be very good, but in a Tyson Chandler role and having two guys who have shown no offensive flashes as a future frontcourt seems like a pretty bad fit.

giri

Are you trynig to say a guy who shot 30% from the FT line and only average 10ppg is... a good project?

Really?

to put it in some perspective

DMC average 15pts, 10 rebounds, in 24minutes.

drummond, 10pts, 7.5rbs in 28 minutes.

Project on the biggest scale.

RBH

God, the splash image on Yahoo's NBA page is horrifying.

daviskentucky053012.1.jpg

Jonm1010

Banned
I'm not mad about #2 at all.

Pissed about the Hornets winning though. That isn't even shady. Its broad daylight on the steps of the courthouse shit.

I feel like I'm supposed to be pissed at conspiracy talk because it will stick with us for the rest of Davis's career, but frankly I'm not. If I were Charlotte or Washington I think it would go through my mind as well.

giri

I feel like I'm supposed to be pissed at conspiracy talk because it will stick with us for the rest of Davis's career, but frankly I'm not. If I were charloette or Washington I think it would for through my mind as well.

No ones saying you shouldn't be happy with the #1, or with getting the brow. Brow + Gordon if you can keep him, will be very interesting.

And it might be a b-line his whole career, just like the tank job for duncan has been duncan's whole career.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
giri, you don't even watch college ball

drummond isn't even stromile good. he's not even keon clark good. he's not even as offensively talented as ryan fucking hollins.
I feel like I'm supposed to be pissed at conspiracy talk because it will stick with us for the rest of Davis's career, but frankly I'm not. If I were charloette or Washington I think it would for through my mind as well.

You want to be all willfully ignorant and pretend that your freshly sold team just got an all-star game for no reason (like the last one was anything more than a pity/PR move) and a #1 pick because its a great basketball town go right on ahead

and feel free to eat a dick while you think that

giri

drummond isn't even stromile good. he's not even keon clark good. he's not even as athletically talented as ryan fucking hollins.

You want to be all willfully ignorant and pretend that your freshly sold team just got an all-star game for no reason (like the last one was anything more than a pitty/PR move) and a #1 pick because its a great basketball town go right on ahead

No, but i can look at a stat sheet and roughly determine what is and isn't true about statements.

his stats read horribly, and thats not compared ot NBA horrible, but horrible even for college horrible.

He'd be a huge gamble, IMO.

Also, i've seen several places suns are going to take rivers.

Lets hope the wolves don't let us do that.

LuchaShaq

Banned
1. I'm really glad Davis won't be stuck/ruined in Charlotte.

2. If anything the NBA wanted the Hornets to NOT win to avoid such conspiracy shit. Hollinger even mentioned people in the league office talking about this months back.

Jonm1010

Banned

drummond isn't even stromile good. he's not even keon clark good. he's not even as athletically talented as ryan fucking hollins.

You want to be all willfully ignorant and pretend that your freshly sold team just got an all-star game for no reason (like the last one was anything more than a pity/PR move) and a #1 pick because its a great basketball town go right on ahead

Never mind, I'm not even going to respond.

abuC

Teams didn't even guard him.

He was horribly inefficient despite not taking a shot outside of the paint with almost all of those shots being dunks or layups.

I think he could still be very good, but in a Tyson Chandler role and having two guys who have shown no offensive flashes as a future frontcourt seems like a pretty bad fit.

54% from the field, his freethrow shooting needs to improve and he needs to realize he's 6"11 270lbs. He showed flashes on offense, all you have to do is check any of the highlights on youtube and you'll see him hitting jumpers (some turnarounds) from outside the paint even though you're here saying almost all of his shots were dunks or layups.

He's a project, but "biggest offensive project ever" is such a huge overstatement, especially when the kid is only 18.

Guys I'm 5' 5" and have a more effective jump hook and overall post game than Drummond. That should let you know everything you need to know about him.

giri

54% from the field, his freethrow shooting needs to improve and he needs to realize he's 6"11 270lbs. He showed flashes on offense, all you have to do is check any of the highlights on youtube and you'll see him hitting jumpers (some turnarounds) from outside the paint even though you're here saying almost all of his shots were dunks or layups.

He's a project, but "biggest offensive project ever" is such a huge overstatement, especially when the kid is only 18.

IF you look on youtube, thabeet isn't a bust either.

OddSpoon

Banned
I don't get all the hate for Drummond (his offense.)

He's still very young, basically had no guard or help on that Husky team wheres Davis had a projected top 25 pick around him on every position.

Drummond is the most obvious "clear bust that will be picked really high" since Thabeet.

He is very, very bad.

Meh, he could guard pick-and-roll really great if he was a lot smarter because he's so quick and long and he's a great shotblocker. I think he is worth a top 10 pick because he might eventually get more active and aware and might eventually be not terrible (though still probably bad) offensively.

I watched a dozen of his games this year, wtf.

abuC

IF you look on youtube, thabeet isn't a bust either.

Will you also find Thabeet handling the ball 20 feet out and taking people off the dribble, there's video of Drummond doing that in HS. Also, according to DY, you don't even watch college ball, you're just comparing stats...

Jonm1010

Banned
Meh, he could guard pick-and-roll really great if he was a lot smarter because he's so quick and long and he's a great shotblocker. I think he is worth a top 10 pick because he might eventually get more active and aware and might eventually be not terrible (though still probably bad) offensively.

I feel like he's a guy who wil need a great coach and at least 2-4 years to even become relevant.

So whatever team has that patience

Jonm1010

Banned
Please don't.

You let everyone know what you were about when you spent two pages going on about how New Orleans was selling out playoff games.

Listen I know your trying to pick a fight and I'm not gonna bite.

I admitted back then I confused sellout crowd with capacity crowd.

I took my licks, admit it to this day, feel completely fine with anyone wanting to slap me around for it.

I think that says something about you that I can be a man and own up to my fuck ups and you sit therelike a whiny 6 year old trying to bait me into an argument because you didn't get what you wanted.

EDIT: I'm not even going to throw that jab, I'd probably say some stupid shit if I were in the same position.

Drummond was treated by college defenses like he was Joel Anthony even though he weighed 50 pounds more than anyone else on the court.

He will be coached up much better now. If he flops, he flops. But I think the work will be put in.

Even if you ass, you still gonna do some work to get the second contract. With that size 14/8 12/12 shouldnt be hard.

Like 80 million dollars on the line. His handlers wont let him waste the opportunity.

giri

Will you also find Thabeet handling the ball 20 feet out and taking people off the dribble, there's video of Drummond doing that in HS. Also, according to DY, you don't even watch college ball, you're just comparing stats...

Yes. There is.

I can still call BS BS, using highlight videos as scouting is... as shady a practice as the hornets winning the 2012 lotto.

Dude he can't even catch the ball. And I wouldn't assume his fat ass can keep up with NBA guards.

Hes not even that athletic either. Just big. And we should know by now that knowing how to play the game of basketball is significantly more important than being big.

Canuck76

Banned
I think Bobcats will do a reverse LJ/Mourning and go #2 this year and #1 next year. Stern knows they can only take so much.

Just keep holding on DY things will get better.

abuC

Yes. There is.

I can still call BS BS, using highlight videos as scouting is... as shady a practice as the hornets winning the 2012 lotto.

Show me some video of Thabeet taking people off the dribble, I'd like to see him do it at any level. Just for reference, here's no skill Drummond doing it in HS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH3_K4uIsxA

I don't think he has it in him to be a center offensively, but IF a coaching staff works with him on developing a 15 footer he has the ball handling skills to play pick and roll.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Listen I know your trying to pick a fight and I'm not gonna bite.

I admitted back then I confused sellout crowd with capacity crowd.

I took my licks, admit it to this day, feel completely fine with anyone wanting to slap me around for it.

I think that says something about you that I can be a man and own up to my fuck ups and you sit therelike a whiny 6 year old trying to bait me into an argument because you didn't get what you wanted.

Grow the fuck up.
be a man?

Lol mulan

Just grab your nuts and admit that you got a David Stern handjob instead of pretending its not exactly what it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom