• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Lamb (both Lambs actually), but I think Beal is getting underrated. He just seems really smart and tough all time and I think he's got the skills and physical tools as well (I think he's going to measure at 6'4 or 6'5 at the combine as well)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Damn. Thats some pretty harsh hate bro. Especially when the Kings and Bucks exist.
I'd agree with that, MKG is a pretty dynamic playmaker and Charlotte needs that. I love Hendo but its bad news when he's your first or second scoring option, and Walker is the other.

Maybe if the cats don't suck this year I might go to a game. I'm just hoping Tom Benson changes the NO team name and we can get the hornets back.
I see no reason Henderson and mkg can't share the floor.

Kemba better come back looking at least tyronn lue good though.
Lee & #7 & #30 for #2 & Biyombo.
You'll get Biyombo when you pry him from my cold dead hands.

Fuck mock drafts. I don't want the Pistons going anywhere near John Henson (too thin. very limited offensively) or Sullinger (awful again long defenders, limited athletically).

Will there be any good talent in the bottom half of the top 10?

If you're looking to take a PF then you're looking at either Terrence Jones or Perry Jones. I'd go with Terrence if I were the Pistons.

pilonv1

I just wish the Warriors got the #1 so I could see the look on Lacobs face since he'd have to take Davis and cast his man crush on David Lee aside.

pilonv1

Woj on the warpath

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--n...-rigged-talk-over-draft-lottery-20120531.html

"It's such a joke that the league made the new owners be at the lottery for the show," one high-ranking team executive told Yahoo! Sports. "The league still owns the Hornets. Ask their front office if new owners can make a trade right now. They can't. This is a joke."

Hornets coach Monty Williams represented the franchise at the draft lottery. (AP)The reaction of several league executives was part disgust, part resignation on Wednesday night. So many had predicted this happening, so many suspected that somehow, someway, the Hornets would walk away with Davis. That's the worst part for the NBA; these aren't the railings from the guy sitting at the corner tavern, but the belief of those working within the machinery that something undue happened here, that they suspect it happens all the time under Stern.

There's no proof, and there will never be proof. Yet, there's an appearance of impropriety – always an appearance – that marches arm-and-arm with Stern into the twilight of his commissionership, marches right out the door with him.

In New Orleans this season, everyone followed orders. The Hornets feared crossing Stern could cost them not only jobs with the Hornets, but futures in the NBA. They ate that trade for Chris Paul to the Lakers, and dutifully sold the commissioner's story that it was never agreed upon, never completed. The Hornets played Darryl Watkins, Jerome Dyson and Lance Thomas 41-plus minutes in the final game of the season in an 84-77 loss to Houston. They played them until the Hornets bottomed out with six points in the fourth quarter of the loss that left them at 21-45 for the season.

"I bet I could get my owner to tank if I knew the chance of getting the No. 1 pick was 100 percent," an NBA team president said in an email.

RBH

jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Would you guys say the Cavs need a SG or SF more? We need to get both in Round 1, but which position is looking better at the #4 selection?

p.s. - Alonzo Gee is restricted

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'd agree with that, MKG is a pretty dynamic playmaker and Charlotte needs that. I love Hendo but its bad news when he's your first or second scoring option, and Walker is the other, welp.

Maybe if the cats don't suck this year I might go to a game. I'm just hoping Tom Benson changes the NO team name and we can get the hornets back.

Yeah the cats need someone they can feed off of in their O MKG could be just that player in this draft

The Bobcats are the most pathetic franchise in the history of professional sports and if it takes a Stern screwjob to ensure that their ineptitude goes unrewarded I'm all for it.

This is my vote for stupidest post of the off season.. I am sure we will see more of them as loser bros grows.

Agreed, I just hate the thought of missing on Miller. If his knee fully recovers I believe he will end up being the second best player in this draft behind the grooming challenged Davis.

I'd love to trade down too, I don't think it's going to be in the cards though. I'm fine with us taking either MKG or Beal.
This draft has a lot of talented SGs imo... Also Davis, like Blair could end up to fall to the 2nd round... however, I am not sold on him being the 2nd or 3rd best player in the draft even if all the stars line up for him
I like Lamb (both Lambs actually), but I think Beal is getting underrated. He just seems really smart and tough all time and I think he's got the skills and physical tools as well (I think he's going to measure at 6'4 or 6'5 at the combine as well)

Beal is going to be alight.. I just think Lamb should go above him.. I guess if you need a combo like SG Beal would be the better pick tho..

Also I wonder how bad this year's NC PG is going to suck?

OddSpoon

Banned
Would you guys say the Cavs need a SG or SF more? We need to get both in Round 1, but which position is looking better at the #4 selection?

p.s. - Alonzo Gee is restricted

We need a SG

Gee has proven himself to be a 3 and a 2, and Casspi we still have to test out. He's a 6'9 SF with great footwork, defense, and mentality. But if Gee is our 2, then yeah we'd need a backup.

SG:
Anthony Parker (old, most likely gone)
Boobie (still not proven otherwise to start, let alone be a decent backup in the past 2 years)

So if we're going SG, id take Beal. Terrence Ross. Or MGK if he's still there. He's what a 6'6 listed SF?

cdyhybrid

Ross will be really good. Wroten will be a project for a bit (mainly because he can't shoot AT ALL past like 6 feet) but if he can develop his game he has All-Star talent.

Gabyskra

Banned
I can totally see the Bobcats draft Barnes. It would be a business move. A bad move, but still.

Anyway, Thomas Robinson will be an All Star. I'd do anything to get him. I will laugh my ass off if Drummond and Barnes are taken ahead.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ross will be really good. Wroten will be a project for a bit (mainly because he can't shoot AT ALL past like 6 feet) but if he can develop his game he has All-Star talent.

Ross reminds of Roy, with better D but less scoring tools

DY_nasty

I can totally see the Bobcats draft Barnes. It would be a business move. A bad move, but still.

Anyway, Thomas Robinson will be an All Star. I'd do anything to get him. I will laugh my ass off if Drummond and Barnes are taken ahead.
I like Robinson just not over mkg

Gabyskra

Banned
John Wall
Jordan Crawford
Chris bum
Thomas Robinson
Nene
--
Shelvin Mack
Jan bum
Séraphin
Booker

Fucking idiots drafted 2 SFs, yet it's still their glaring flaw. They need MKG more than the Bobcats do.

Mxrz

Yesterday it was: "I've been a spurs fan for years!!!!"
Today it is: "lol, your sport is a joke!!!"

But it still beats the usual "lol your team is screwed!"

DY_nasty

John Wall
Jordan Crawford
Chris bum
Thomas Robinson
Nene
--
Shelvin Mack
Jan bum
Séraphin
Booker

Fucking idiots drafted 2 SFs, yet it's still their glaring flaw. They need MKG more than the Bobcats do.

Naw

Harrison Barnes will be there.

He da troof

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So was Jeffrey Cohen, vice chairman of the Cavaliers. If the final ball was marked with a “3,” the Cavaliers would win the lottery for the second straight season. A “7,” Demps knew, would give the Hornets the top spot. Ten more seconds passed, and a man with his back to the machine raised his hand, indicating that the official in charge of the machine should have it suck up the last ball.

“I was just thinking, ‘Come on, seven! Come on, seven!’” Demps told SI.com after the drawing.

The ball surfaced: a “7,” only the way it came out, it initially looked like a “1.” Demps slumped in his chair for a second. “I couldn’t tell,” he said. He then looked more closely and was sure it was a “7.” He was getting excited. “But then I just told myself I had to wait for them to announce it.” That came a few seconds later: The Hornets had won the No. 1 pick. Demps responded with a fist pump underneath the table.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/05/30/nba-draft-lottery/

Maybe its not rigged? I don't know what to believe anymore.

So was Jeffrey Cohen, vice chairman of the Cavaliers. If the final ball was marked with a “3,” the Cavaliers would win the lottery for the second straight season. A “7,” Demps knew, would give the Hornets the top spot. Ten more seconds passed, and a man with his back to the machine raised his hand, indicating that the official in charge of the machine should have it suck up the last ball.

“I was just thinking, ‘Come on, seven! Come on, seven!’” Demps told SI.com after the drawing.

The ball surfaced: a “7,” only the way it came out, it initially looked like a “1.” Demps slumped in his chair for a second. “I couldn’t tell,” he said. He then looked more closely and was sure it was a “7.” He was getting excited. “But then I just told myself I had to wait for them to announce it.” That came a few seconds later: The Hornets had won the No. 1 pick. Demps responded with a fist pump underneath the table.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/05/30/nba-draft-lottery/

Maybe its not rigged? I don't know what to believe anymore.

Jesus kid

The draft is audited by Ernst & Young and there's a rep from every team and media members in the room when the lotto takes place.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jesus kid

The draft is audited by Ernst & Young and there's a rep from every team and media members in the room when the lotto takes place.

Hey man I'm not the only one.

"It's such a joke that the league made the new owners be at the lottery for the show," one high-ranking team executive told Yahoo! Sports. "The league still owns the Hornets. Ask their front office if new owners can make a trade right now. They can't. This is a joke."

The reaction of several league executives was part disgust, part resignation on Wednesday night. So many had predicted this happening, so many suspected that somehow, someway, the Hornets would walk away with Davis. That's the worst part for the NBA; these aren't the railings from the guy sitting at the corner tavern, but the belief of those working within the machinery that something undue happened here, that they suspect it happens all the time under Stern.

And the people think its rigged as well.

Meier

I just hope the NBA uses their pull to at least fix the young man's eyebrows. They've rigged the lottery so he's the face of the franchise.. please do something about the face's face. He's one of the ugliest people I've ever seen.

Mothman91

John Wall
Jordan Crawford
Chris bum
Thomas Robinson
Nene
--
Shelvin Mack
Jan bum
Séraphin
Booker

Either him or Beal. I say Beal because fuck Crawford. Inconsistent pos, and I have good hopes for Chris Singleton stil.

Naw

Harrison Barnes will be there.

He da troof
Kiss that ring on Sterns hand boy, you're lucky you didn't get that #4 and MJs pretty boy Barnes.

ccbfan

Uconn fan here and saw a bunch of Drummond.

He's basically an athletic beast but have no basketball skills at all. It'll take a long time for him to become a decent player in the NBA. Probably not with the team he is drafted by. He's so raw and timid its ridicules. He has super star potential but have we ever seen a player this raw come through on potential?

If you want a player from Uconn go for lamb. He's gonna be the second best player in this draft. Total package, offense, defense, height, wingspan. Everything you want in a 2 guard. Probably the best true two to come out of the draft in a while. He needs a point guard and a leader though. He's timid and won't take over games unless asked to.

charsace

Drummond is very athletic, he just doesn't know how to play the 5 or 4. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this kid is a prime example of what's wrong with HS/AAU. They had this kid playing around on the perimeter like a guard and never broke him out of his softness. I just don't understand why coaches had this kid playing around on the perimeter with his size and athletic ability.

SamuraiX-

I'm gonna be pissed if all we're left with at #5 is scraps like Drummond, Barnes, and Sullinger. Please please please, somebody from #2-4 draft one of these chumps so we can at least have Robinson, MKG, or Beal. :(

charsace

John Wall
Jordan Crawford
Chris bum
Thomas Robinson
Nene
--
Shelvin Mack
Jan bum
Séraphin
Booker

That shit was hilarious. They won't take Robinson in Wash. They will most likely take barnes and move Jan to the 4(because that's what he is).

And I still think Jeremy Lamb is the best sg in this draft. Rivers is underrated because he's the best pick and roll player in the draft. He can do real damage with it in the league. Miles is also really underrated. He has great size, good athlete, a post game, decent passer and a decent midrange shot. He's shown a lot of improvement in his game and also physically which is a good sign. He also looks like he could put on more weight.

charsace

Chris Singleton will improve in time. Just needs to play under a coach not named Flip Saunders.

He doesn't do anything on offense though. The best case for him on that side of the ball is him developing a decent shot so that people will at least have to pay attention to him.

I just hope the NBA uses their pull to at least fix the young man's eyebrows. They've rigged the lottery so he's the face of the franchise.. please do something about the face's face. He's one of the ugliest people I've ever seen.

Thank god you're not Konex. Otherwise we would see that face in countless commercials next year........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom