• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So, what should Portland do with #6 and #11?

Also, lol Nets.

Joel Przybilla, Dante Cunningham, Sean Marks, first round pick for Gerald Wallace was converted into #6 and #11 in this draft.

Show me some video of Thabeet taking people off the dribble, I'd like to see him do it at any level. Just for reference, here's no skill Drummond doing it in HS - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH3_K4uIsxA

I don't think he has it in him to be a center offensively, but IF a coaching staff works with him on developing a 15 footer he has the ball handling skills to play pick and roll.

Kwame Brown did all of that in high school, wtf. Are you really arguing that a guy who is scared to shoot free throws, dribbles looking down at the ball, had five times as many turnovers as assists, and is 270 pounds can be a faceup PF?

So, what should Portland do with #6 and #11?

I would take Henson at #6 and hope Lillard falls to #11, but apparently they don't want LMA as a full-time center so I guess they either trade the picks or go with Lillard at 6 and Zeller at 11.

Some one with more skils than I need to create a

It was me Michael gif.

387aE.gif

I am terrible at photoshopping gifs

abuC

Kwame Brown did all of that in high school, wtf. Are you really arguing that a guy who is scared to shoot free throws, dribbles looking down at the ball, had five times as many turnovers as assists, and is 270 pounds can be a faceup PF?

So far, we have Thabeet and now Kwame handling the ball in HS, either post video of it or don't mention it. And for the record I saw Kwame, and he was doing none of that, he was strictly the biggest guy on the floor and played that way, he couldn't handle the ball at all.

Yes, Im arguing that an 18 year old can improve and turn into a PnR PF, that is essentially what he was in HS. He played center, but didn't play like a center, his game is more suited to being a PF. His weight is irrelevant, since he's athletic enough to be one, isn't Amare north of 260lbs now?

Also, 5 times as many turnovers as assists? He had 15 assists to 52 turnovers, what kind of math we doing?

So far, we have Thabeet and now Kwame handling the ball in HS, either post video of it or don't mention it. And for the record I saw Kwame, and he was doing none of that, he was strictly the biggest guy on the floor and played that way, he couldn't handle the ball at all.

Yes, Im arguing that an 18 year old can improve and turn into a PnR PF, that is essentially what he was in HS. He played center, but didn't play like a center, his game is more suited to being a PF. His weight is irrelevant, since he's athletic enough to be one, isn't Amare north of 260lbs now?

Also, 5 times as many turnovers as assists? He had 15 assists to 52 turnovers, what kind of math we doing?

Kwame's scouting report before the 2001 draft:

Positives: The most gifted player in the draft, Brown is a great athlete with exceptional basketball skills. He can handle the ball like a guard and has a good-looking stroke from 15 to 17 feet. Brown also has good floor vision and passes extremely well. Brown is currently at his best when he faces up and takes people off the dribble using an excellent crossover dribble. Defensively, Brown is a devastating shotblocker with superb leaping ability, timing and reach. Because of his combination of size, strength and skill, Brown is often compared to Chris Webber and Kevin Garnett. At this point, Brown has a much more NBA-ready physique than Garnett had coming out of high school.

Negatives: Unfortunately, Brown does not enjoy posting up offensively and takes far too many three-pointers. Despite Garnett-level skills, Brown has yet to demonstrate the burning competitiveness that Garnett exhibited at the same stage of development.

Prognosis: Perhaps the best way to describe Kwame Brown is to say that he has the frame and physical skills of an Antonio McDyess and the basketball skills of a young Danny Manning. Brown could develop into a potential franchise player if he works hard on his game. Peak Projection: 22 ppg 10 rpg 4 apg 2.5 bpg

http://www.foulshots.com/Analysis/2001nbadraftscouting.htm

It's not that hard to handle the ball or play on the perimeter in high school.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ok.... My favorite two players in the draft...Terrence Ross and Lamb

I think both will be steals in the drafts.. like Monroe and Hibbert and Roy..

Blackace

are you kidding me? Every near NBA ready prospect handles the ball in high school...

KG played PG some games..

abuC

Kwame's scouting report before the 2001 draft:

http://www.foulshots.com/Analysis/2001nbadraftscouting.htm

It's not that hard to handle the ball or play on the perimeter in high school.

From that same link -

5. Tyson Chandler (7-0 1/2 225 lbs.) Compton Dominguez HS
Positives: Chandler has been called the next Lew Alcindor since he was in middle school. A remarkable athlete with the speed and agility of a guard, Chandler is not the protoypical post player. He shoots the ball fairly well from the perimeter and can even hit shots from beyond the college three-point line. Chandler also passes and handles the ball pretty well for a man his size. His height and wingspan will allow him to dominate the backboards and intimidate shooters with his shotblocking.

Word?

etiolate

Banned
Ok.... My favorite two players in the draft...Terrence Ross and Lamb

I think both will be steals in the drafts.. like Monroe and Hibbert and Roy..

I like Ross a lot. He looks like the type of late lottery guy that ends up outperforming a lot of top 10 guys.

Dy NASTY! Thornton and the #5 for #2. WHO SAYS NO

Omega

Banned
The Blazers got it from the trade for Gerald Wallace, it was only top 3 protected.

smh damn.

No way is anyone going to watch that team. They were awful with D-Will and he's leaving anyway. They don't even have the draft to look forward too.

I wonder who the Mavs can get at 17.

If Marshall or Miller are available, you should take either of them. If Quincy Miller can stay healthy he will be a HUGE steal for the team that takes him. I wish the Bobcats had a mid-rounder they could use to take him. Will Barton will be a steal too, and I hope he'll still be around for the Cats in the second round.

Omega

Banned
Also, why is Barnes a #2 on a few draft boards?

He's clearly not a first option, and IMO isn't even a second option. Bobcats would be better off with MKG.

They've made some of the worst moves I can think of in recent history.

Put too much into Dwight coming and once that plan fell through, they had no back up. They're screwed now.

I still think my Knicks have that dubious honor though.

abuC

Quincy Miller is the most offensively skilled player in this draft. I don't understand at all why he isn't on draft lottery boards.

I think it's because he tore his ACL last year, he'd probably be a top 5 pick had he not, he's not nearly as explosive as he was before.

etiolate

Banned
This sounds like an endorsement for keeping Tyreke. Why?

It's not an endorsement for Reke by me. It's me knowing the organization is dumb and overvalues Tyreke and will likely get nothing in trade offers they think is fitting for their beloved "PG".

It's also me being afraid of Petrie making a trade considering his track record. I think the last good trade he made was the Webber move.

Blackace

abuC

For some reason I like Lamb better than Beal..

Yeah, Im not sure why Beal is getting so much love, he's billed as a shooter but didn't really shoot the 3 well.

Lamb is most likely taller, bigger wingspan, probably more athletic with a similar skillset.

I think it's because he tore his ACL last year, he'd probably be a top 5 pick had he not, he's not nearly as explosive as he was before.

It take up to a year and a half to fully recover from an ACL tear. He might have more bounce and strength in his knee now than he did during the season. If he does the GM that takes him will look like a genius.

Blackace

Yeah, Im not sure why Beal is getting so much love, he's billed as a shooter but didn't really shoot the 3 well.

Lamb is most likely taller, bigger wingspan, probably more athletic with a similar skillset.

Beal is put together like a bulldog... Like EG or a taller BDiddy

Blackace

It take up to a year and a half to fully recover from an ACL tear. He might have more bounce and strength in his knee now than he did during the season. If he does the GM that takes him will look like a genius.

A lot of mights and Ifs to be a lottery pick.. I think someone takes a chance on him in the late teens early 20s and could really make their team great

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Sooo whats the downside to Thomas Robinson, or is he not much of an upgrade to Biyombo? I'd take him before Drummond.

Blackace

Sooo whats the downside to Thomas Robinson, or is he not much of an upgrade to Biyombo? I'd take him before Drummond.

He is undersized in a Bass sort of way...

If I am the Bobcats I start looking at Michael-Kidd..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'd take him over Drummond all day.

Biyombo is great though. He needs no upgrade - the team just needs a space eater in the paint. I'd love to trade down and load up on picks but MKG is a good #2 pick. Seems like a no brainer.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Biyombo is great though. He needs no upgrade - the team just needs a space eater in the paint. I'd love to trade down and load up on picks but MKG is a good #2 pick. Seems like a no brainer.

I'd agree with that, MKG is a pretty dynamic playmaker and Charlotte needs that. I love Hendo but its bad news when he's your first or second scoring option, and Walker is the other, welp.

Maybe if the cats don't suck this year I might go to a game. I'm just hoping Tom Benson changes the NO team name and we can get the hornets back.

THRILLH0

Banned
The Bobcats are the most pathetic franchise in the history of professional sports and if it takes a Stern screwjob to ensure that their ineptitude goes unrewarded I'm all for it.

A lot of mights and Ifs to be a lottery pick.. I think someone takes a chance on him in the late teens early 20s and could really make their team great

Agreed, I just hate the thought of missing on Miller. If his knee fully recovers I believe he will end up being the second best player in this draft behind the grooming challenged Davis.

I'd love to trade down too, I don't think it's going to be in the cards though. I'm fine with us taking either MKG or Beal.

Fuck mock drafts. I don't want the Pistons going anywhere near John Henson (too thin. very limited offensively) or Sullinger (awful again long defenders, limited athletically).

Will there be any good talent in the bottom half of the top 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom