• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

kyle lowry trade...

jeremy lin...

dragic shittiness...

keeping all three picks...

my god. I am getting so drunk on saturday so i can forget the abomination that these last two weeks for the rockets has been.

The Lowry trade hurt the most. If we were gonna get a bad deal (and yes, a lottery protected pick straight up for kyle still sucks) then we should have done it with two of our first round pics and kyle. damn.

kyle lowry trade...

jeremy lin...

dragic shittiness...

keeping all three picks...

my god. I am getting so drunk on saturday so i can forget the abomination that these last two weeks for the rockets has been.

The Lowry trade hurt the most. If we were gonna get a bad deal (and yes, a lottery protected pick straight up for kyle still sucks) then we should have done it with two of our first round pics and kyle. damn.

In fairness, it's reverse lottery protected, meaning the Rockets pick they get will be in the lottery.

Could be the 4th pick this year. Or 2nd in 2 years. Or 13th any of the next 5 seasons.

I seriously don't understand why Portland is adamant on keeping a player that doesn't want to fucking be there. Sign and trade and move the fuck on.

pilonv1

At least another 24 hours have gone by without the Warriors officially signing Jamison. There's still time for the Bobcats to save us.

KnicksBlog Poll from July 2nd to the 4th said:
Would you Match a Potential Raptors offer of 4/40 with $15 million per years 3 and 4 for Lin?

No - 74% (2,228 Votes)
Yes - 26% (776 Votes)

Total Voters: 3,004
KnicksBlog Poll from July 5th to now said:
Do you match the Rockets offer for Jeremy Lin

Yes - 85% (2,133 Votes)
No - 15% (379 Votes)

Total Voters: 2,512
I just want to take time and thank Daryl Morey again.

Nelo Ice

Banned
The Crawford signing just continues to give! :lol.

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
Because Clippers are using the full MLE on Crawford - they have a hard cap this season at $74,307,000 - cannot exceed that - period

thekad

Banned
Rockets starting lineup this year may also be their summer league starting lineup:

HOUSTON ROCKETS
Dionte Christmas
Zoran Dragic
Kyle Fogg
Courtney Fortson
Jerai Grant
Manny Harris
Eli Holman
Terrence Jones
Jeremy Lamb
Jai Lucas
Scott Machado
Marcus Morris
Donatas Motiejunas
Chandler Parsons
Patrick Patterson
Diamon Simpson
Royce White

Bobcats would be proud of this tank.

You guys are reading the Clippers thing all wrong. It's not that they're at the cap, it's that by using the non-tax payer MLE that they can't ever go above that this season.

This is true of all teams using a regular MLE

Clips still have like $5 or so million to spare even with Crawford.

Nelo Ice

Banned
You guys are reading the Clippers thing all wrong. It's not that they're at the cap, it's that by using the non-tax payer MLE that they can't ever go above that this season.

This is true of all teams using a regular MLE

Clips still have like $5 or so million to spare even with Crawford.

Ahh thanks for clarifying. Just remember reading how I think the Knicks wouldn't be able to add anyone even during the season if they used their mle or something and hit the hard cap.

Tom Penny

I almost puked

6B2yS.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Rockets starting lineup this year may also be their summer league starting lineup:

HOUSTON ROCKETS
Dionte Christmas
Zoran Dragic
Kyle Fogg
Courtney Fortson
Jerai Grant
Manny Harris
Eli Holman
Terrence Jones
Jeremy Lamb
Jai Lucas
Scott Machado
Marcus Morris
Donatas Motiejunas
Chandler Parsons
Patrick Patterson
Diamon Simpson
Royce White

Bobcats would be proud of this tank.
You think winning a .106 winning percentage is easy? You think all those threes just airballed themselves?

So...the Mavs free agent signing mgiht be Sessions? LOLOLOLOLOLOL at Cuban

Do feel sorry for Dirk though. Bonner/Neal/Blair for Dirk straight up Cuban. Let Dirk have one or two more years on a team that actually can get past the first round.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
JeffZillgitt
French national team release: "Green light for Parker." Release says Tony Parker (eye) cleared for Olympics by docs/Spurs

Guess hes okay then. Thats good news.

Vestal

Absolutely beautiful

....who is the dude between ray and Zo, is that arison's kid?

I think Ray should be a lock to come into Miami.. He has pretty much been replaced by Boston. Even though Miami can't offer him that much money, he will be an integral part of the rotation and will get soooo many open looks it wont be funny

He could easily be 6th Man of the year.

I think Ray should be a lock to come into Miami.. He has pretty much been replaced by Boston. Even though Miami can't offer him that much money, he will be an integral part of the rotation and will get soooo many open looks it wont be funny

He could easily be 6th Man of the year.

My guess is that he stayed over night to give it one final thought. I think we'll hear today

Yeah I feel like the Jason Terry signing should have sealed the deal

JeffZillgitt
French national team release: "Green light for Parker." Release says Tony Parker (eye) cleared for Olympics by docs/Spurs

Guess hes okay then. Thats good news.

I still would never want to go through what he did. Didn't they have to remove a micro glass shard from his eye? That sounds painful to have in, sounds even worse to get out.

SamuraiX-

I was searching for summer league information and I came across this listing of rosters for every team. Some teams are missing players, but it's a pretty good listing overall. Lots of interesting names on teams I woudn't have expected. There are some no brainers too like Jordan Taylor playing for the Bucs and Michael Stockton playing for the Jazz.

Check it out: http://secretrival.blogspot.com/2012/07/2012-nba-summer-league-rosters.html

Oh, shit! David Lighty on Atlanta's team. I still think he should been drafted in 2011.

Ahh thanks for clarifying. Just remember reading how I think the Knicks wouldn't be able to add anyone even during the season if they used their mle or something and hit the hard cap.
If they used the full MLE, yeah. This is why they've been dangling the smaller portion of it.

Bowser

I was searching for summer league information and I came across this listing of rosters for every team. Some teams are missing players, but it's a pretty good listing overall. Lots of interesting names on teams I woudn't have expected. There are some no brainers too like Jordan Taylor playing for the Bucs and Michael Stockton playing for the Jazz.

Check it out: http://secretrival.blogspot.com/2012/07/2012-nba-summer-league-rosters.html

Cory Higgins is going to make "the leap™" this year!

It's the morning after and the Roy deal doesn't feel any better.

But Beascheese is gone and Derrick Williams will get more minutes

Don't forget where you were a year ago: Wanting Don Nelson and willing to say fuck it to things just to make it fun. This signing has potential to provide at least one entertaining season

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
But Beascheese is gone and Derrick Williams will get more minutes

Don't forget where you were a year ago: Wanting Don Nelson and willing to say fuck it to things just to make it fun. This signing has potential to provide at least one entertaining season

But with the Wolves on the cusp of being good, it's not a prudent move at all. They should have used that money and gone after somebody that can actually play.

I seriously don't think Roy plays out his contract. Then what are we left with?

KingGondo

Banned
But with the Wolves on the cusp of being good, it's not a prudent move at all. They should have used that money and gone after somebody that can actually play.

I seriously don't think Roy plays out his contract. Then what are we left with?
Some fun memories of an "entertaining season"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom