• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
Not really NBA related but anyone watching First Take?

Bomani Jones looks like he wants to slap the shit out of Rob Parker.

Is there any reason why Lakers should not go after Sessions? I mean, the money is the problem but he'd be a great 6th man. Nash isn't going to be playing too much (hopefully... lol Mike Brown) and I don't think any of the other PG bench players can hold.

From what I gather, the Lakers aren't even trying.

Or Malcolm Lee.

Yeah...

Well, having a decent SG on the court for half the game is better than none at all. That said if anyone had told me that Wayne Ellington would still be playing in the NBA and Rashad McCants wouldn't in 2012 I would have called them crazy. It turns out McCants was the crazy one, such a waste too because he was the most talented player on the 2005 Tarheel championship team.

Is there any reason why Lakers should not go after Sessions? I mean, the money is the problem but he'd be a great 6th man. Nash isn't going to be playing too much (hopefully... lol Mike Brown) and I don't think any of the other PG bench players can hold.

The gear switch between Nash's dead eye shooting and pass first instincts to Sess's quickness and attack the basket ability would be real nice. A bit like Kidd/Barea two years ago.

But if Ramon wants to start or get paid he'll have to go to Dallas or Houston. Having him as a 6th or 7th guy off the bench would be great, but I think he wants more minutes and money than LAL can give him.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You don't want Nash playing "too much", and are advocating for Sessions (of all people) to come back? Laker fans.

charsace

Young's shooting was down last season, but he is generally a reliable shooter. He also plays good man to man defense. He is a upgrade for them at the sixth man position.

You don't want Nash playing "too much", and are advocating for Sessions (of all people) to come back? Laker fans.

Nash is 38 with back problems. We have no real PG backups. Yes, I would like the Nash/Sess combo.

Sessions isn't starter material, but he could play backup.

KingGondo

Banned
OKC, and fast.
Yeah, pretty sure OKC views Harden as virtually untouchable. Durant, Harden and Westbrook are our Duncan, Parker and Ginobili.

I think we'll sign both Harden and Ibaka to the best deals that we can get, then we'll move Ibaka or amnesty Perkins in a year or two depending on how things go.

Ideally Nash plays around 30 mpg, and the pg market is drying up and getting overpaid. Getting Sess back at or around 4 per for 3 or so years would be nice for 18 mpg.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ideally Nash plays around 30 mpg, and the pg market is drying up and getting overpaid. Getting Sess back at or around 4 per for 3 or so years would be nice for 18 mpg.

I agree - Nash should give 30 a night. But I'd rather have a more defensive PG to back him up.

KingGondo

Banned
Everytime I think about the Thunder's roster I get so damn jealous. Their bench is almost as good as the Bobcat's starting 5.
Almost? Yeah, I probably take OKC's bench against the Bobs starters.

Maynor
Harden
Cook
Collison
Aldrich

Aldrich is the weak link, but he's better than Byron Mullens.

I agree - Nash should give 30 a night. But I'd rather have a more defensive PG to back him up.

Who available would be better than Ramon? He's already in LA, familar with the team and played decently with the bench when Brown had the balls to run him with the bench.

I can't think of any defensive pg on the market, let alone one that wouldn't get snagged up by other teams. Ramon looks like the best bet for LAL. If someone better comes along for around the same price I'd love to add them but that guy doesn't exist. I'd settle for a less talented guy for cheaper. Maybe one of the rooks can fill that role, I hear Johnson-Odom is pretty decent defender.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
daldridgetnt
Teams under cap get first chance to bid on amnestied players. Bobcats, Hornets, Rockets, Cavs, Mavs, Suns, Blazers among those w/room.

Morey is salivating already.

Almost? Yeah, I probably take OKC's bench against the Bobs starters.

Aldrich is the weak link, but he's better than Byron Mullens.

Maynor...Kemba
Harden...Henderson
Cook...MKG
Collison...Thomas
Aldrich...Biyomobo

I'll give you Harden and Collison for sure. But I'll take Kemba, MKG, and Biyombo over Maynor, Cook, and Aldrich. Maynor and Kemba could be close though.

KingJ2002

Who available would be better than Ramon? He's already in LA, familar with the team and played decently with the bench when Brown had the balls to run him with the bench.

I can't think of any defensive pg on the market, let alone one that wouldn't get snagged up by other teams. Ramon looks like the best bet for LAL. If someone better comes along for around the same price I'd love to add them but that guy doesn't exist. I'd settle for a less talented guy for cheaper. Maybe one of the rooks can fill that role, I hear Johnson-Odom is pretty decent defender.

DJO is a undersized 2 guard... not the greatest at the point.

I agree that a Nash / Sessions combo would be great... but we would need to get rid of steve blake's contract for that to happen. If a Dwight Howard deal does go down... package Steve Blake in there then amnesty whoever comes from Orlando.

Bowser

More power forwards you say? No. More assets

28morey.1.600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom