• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
147932322-kobe-bryant-of-the-2012-usa-basketball-mens-gettyimages.jpg

Kobe looks like a criminal with that goatee
He got fat like Magic?

I guess Wade wasn't going to get paid enough! Ahahahahah.. wait, what? He had to get knee surgery??? Well the troops still fight! Hockey players are tougher!

/ESPN online commentator

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I really don't understand all this love for Courtney Lee. Roy on one leg in his last season was pretty much as effective as Lee. If he's healthy at all he's a better player than Lee and he's on 1 year deal or 2 if he holds up. Lee's demands are crazy.

It's a one year tryout, but it's still a bad deal. Roy's last season was terrible. He was done. There's no reason to think that he can play anymore.

My biggest issue is that it's such an unnecessary risk. There are guys that can play that are available and wouldn't cost that much more. If Roy can't play anymore, the Wolves are left with the Malcolm Lee/Wayne Ellington platoon at the 2. They should have gotten a sure thing.

I read on ESPN that KD was ready to lead Team USA to the gold. How exactly is he gonna lead a team with Kobe LBJ CP3 Deron etc? I doubt Melo would even listen to him.

Anyone else think that the Steve Nash trade was a really bad move by the Lakers? I just don't see them getting past the Western Conference finals with the Thunder in the way, especially with Pau and Bynum's questionable defensive rebounding. :\

Anyone else think that the Steve Nash trade was a really bad move by the Lakers? I just don't see them getting past the Western Conference finals with the Thunder in the way, especially with Pau and Bynum's questionable defensive rebounding. :

Yes it was a very bad move to give up a few late draft picks to get the guy that was 2nd in the league in assists. We'd be better off starting Blake. How are you not a GM?

Anyone else think that the Steve Nash trade was a really bad move by the Lakers? I just don't see them getting past the Western Conference finals with the Thunder in the way, especially with Pau and Bynum's questionable defensive rebounding. :\

What?

Can you explain in detail why you think this was a bad move?

It's a one year tryout, but it's still a bad deal. Roy's last season was terrible. He was done. There's no reason to think that he can play anymore.

My biggest issue is that it's such an unnecessary risk. There are guys that can play that are available and wouldn't cost that much more. If Roy can't play anymore, the Wolves are left with the Malcolm Lee/Wayne Ellington platoon at the 2. They should have gotten a sure thing.
They are going to sign another guard. No way they're expecting Roy to play more than 20 minutes a night.

And I want C Lee as well but the dude wants like 10 mil per.

SUPREME1

Banned

The team improves... so how exactly is it a bad move? Plus it gives us a better shot at landing Dwight as well. Really not seeing the negative side of this.

Edit:

Offense will run better/smoother overall simply by having a true PG who can run an offense. Kobe/Pau/Andrew will all get easier buckets due to Nash's playmaking and supreme passing ability. Nash is also an exceptional shooter, so no more opposing teams packing the paint and daring the Lakers to make open perimeter shots. Nash is a guy who can keep his dribble alive and create offense from that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The team improves... so how exactly is it a bad move? Plus it gives us a better shot at landing Dwight as well. Really not seeing the negative side of this.

But... the late first round draft picks. How can the Lakers survive?!?

It really doesnt really help their chances of getting Dwight. Like on the one hand it makes him want to play there but thats irrelevant, those first round draft picks they gave up are picks they can't give Orlando.

Yes it was a very bad move to give up a few late draft picks to get the guy that was 2nd in the league in assists. We'd be better off starting Blake. How are you not a GM?

The end.

Blake, Sessions or Nash?
HMM LEMME THINK ABOUT THIS ONE

I'm honestly fine with us waiting to see how D12 is before pulling the trigger. It won't help if we trade for him and he's suddenly ineffective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom