• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
c'mon twolves.
cockblock the cHeat.

@DarrenWolfson

Add-on to Bucher Ray A. tweet: he only comes here if he has no other options & MN doesn't either. His agent initiated the conf. call Mon.
No cockblock
The Wolves have reached out to unrestricted free agent two-guard Courtney Lee, who has a big fan in Wolves coach Rick Adelman. It's even possible a visit is set up soon.

For now, the Wolves have no other visits scheduled. The team source indicated Lee is a higher priority than fellow free-agent guards O.J. Mayo and Lou Williams.
rejoice!

thekad

Banned
HOUSTON – Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey announced today that the team has signed former first-round pick Donatas Motiejunas to a multi-year contract. Selected 20th overall by Minnesota in the 2011 NBA Draft, Houston acquired the draft rights to the Lithuanian forward/center from the Timberwolves on June 24, 2011.

Motiejunas (7-0, 222, Lithuania, pronounced doh-NAH-tahs moe-tee-YOU-nus) played this past season with Polish League champion Asseco Prokom Gdynia, averaging 15.7 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.35 steals in just over 26 minutes per game during the 2011-12 campaign. In Game Seven of the Polish League Finals, Motiejunas recorded game highs in points (23) and rebounds (11) while leading his club to the title. On December 7, 2011, Motiejunas pulled down a career-high 21 boards against Union Olimpija, as his 18 defensive rebounds were the most in a Euroleague game in the ULEB era (since 2000-01).

An early entry candidate for the 2011 NBA Draft, Motiejunas played with Italy’s Benetton Treviso from 2009-11 and was the winner of the 2010-11 Eurocup Rising Star Trophy for the best U-23 player in the ULEB’s Eurocup competition. In 2008-09, Motiejunas played with Aisciai Kaunas and earned All-Star honors in Lithuania’s top league. He spent 2005-07 playing exclusively for Zalgiris-Sabonio mokykla Kaunas, which is Zalgiris Kaunas’ junior team in Lithuania’s second division. Motiejunas made his debut with the senior team in 2007-08, while splitting time with the junior squad. He also represented Lithuania in Junior National Team competition. His honors included MVP of the 2008 Nike International Junior Tournament and MVP of the 2008 U-18 European Championship. Motiejunas was also a member of the World Select Team at the 2009 Nike Hoop Summit, tallying 21 points (5-15 FG, 10-14 FT), eight rebounds and three assists.

tumblr_lfpyhrdSQh1qed7i4o1_500.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNSteinLine
Raps G Jerryd Bayless is now unrestricted free agent, agent Jeff Schwartz tells ESPN. Raps have pulled qualifying offer to make Bayless UFA

Would love to see the Magic go after him.

Wade/Ray/Lebron/Bosh/Brand

Brand is pretty much impossible. Remember, amnesty players go into a bidding that LT teams can't bid on. Someone is going to bid on Brand. There is no way in hell a team doesn't bid on Brand and try to pay $4 mil for his services.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Brand is impossible for sure but

Jonathan_Feigen
Rockets center Marcus Camby to meet with Heat on Saturday, source said. Knicks next. Rockets unlikely, and not until after Asik decision.

giga

AZSz1.png

bahaha

The Heat offered Allen their mid-level exception, which starts at $3.09 million per season-- or half of the Celtics' offer of $6 million per year over two years.

The most the Heat could offer is three years and $9.5 million.

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN
Ray Allen left Miami without accepting Heat offer, sources say he is torn on whether to leave Celtics

beaten

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO
Antwan Jamison sounds like he's leaning toward Bobcats

lol @ jamison only really getting offers from bobcats. Everyone on to him being shitty.

“I think Dwight Howard is making a big mistake by not considering the Lakers,” Johnson said. “Dwight Howard cannot finish a game. What happens is big men put you in a position to win, but they don’t win it. Kobe Bryant always closed out games when he was with Shaq. There’s no Kobe Bryant on the [Brooklyn] Nets team.”

“Dwight Howard can’t hit free throws and dominate a game in the fourth quarter,” Magic added. “If he wants to be MVP and win a championship, L.A. could be Dwight Howard’s town. He could light the whole city up. He could own Los Angeles. Can you imagine the lobs that Steve would be throwing to him? If Dwight Howard ends up with the Lakers it would be the most exciting team we’ve seen in the last 10 or 15 years, probably since Michael [Jordan] left.

“Kobe Bryant would definitely pass me in rings if he joins the Lakers. Kobe Bryant needs Dwight Howard and Dwight Howard needs Kobe Bryant.”

Oh Magic.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Magic is right on one thing though, a guy who shoots under 50% from the free throw line is pretty damn limited when it comes to end of game situations.

Ken Berger: League executives believe Dallas, a rare big-market team with cap room, is the odds-on favorite to pluck Elton Brand off the amnesty wire. 1 minute ago

dirk/brand frontcourt.
good enough for me. should be good enough for brandi

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
A close friend of dIEHARD told me that his room is plastered with Rondo posters and Fleer cards

more to follow

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
No developments on the Dwight Howard front. Lakers, Nets, Hawks, Mavs, Rockets all remain in play, league sources say.

Morey still got a chance!

Bowser

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
No developments on the Dwight Howard front. Lakers, Nets, Hawks, Mavs, Rockets all remain in play, league sources say.

Morey still got a chance!

Am I crazy or does it seem like that list is ordered by most likely to least likely destination?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom