• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
Remember when Ray Allen was the Celtics best player in the beginning of the season?

Now he's worse than the white Mike Miller? :lol

Vire

Wonder if James Jones will go off to get one last contract with another team.

Nope, I thought he already said he was coming back to Miami?

Also:

Tim Reynolds: Allen's decision first came to Pat Riley, and Pat Riley woke up Micky Arison. I assume Pat's boss will forgive him for that. Twitter

Marc J. Spears: LeBron to Y! on Ray Allen pre-decision!: "We're not stealing him. He's unrestricted. He isn't with nobody man. Ray is a huge piece out there." Twitter

Marc J. Spears: LeBron on Allen to Y! cont.: "Who wouldn't want a dead-eye shooter like that, a complete professional and a champion." Twitter

tomhaberstroh Tom Haberstroh
Camby via S+T with HOU. RT @kazonbaaddict: @tomhaberstroh: Can the heat still get Camby or Lewis? and how much can they really offer.

Who would Houston take back? Who do the Heat have to offer that they would want?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
SUCH AN ASTOUNDING REBUTTAL!

So21K.jpg

squicken

Guess Boston fans get to join 25 other fan bases that know going in they aren't real contenders. Maybe with Ray that would have been the case anyway, but now there's no deluding themselves

The Cuban master plan needs to be to tank this season, get a top 10 pick, and then sign Howard next year year when he becomes an UFA. It would be the ultimate troll to the Lakers, he'd be a hero to NBA fans everywhere (except with Laker fans of course).

I'm sure Dwight will leave that extra $25 million on the table just like Deron did, right?

Fjordson

Not sure how much it matters with the C's getting Jason Terry and a health Avery Bradley, but damn...I like Ray, disappointed in seeing him go to Miami.

Pimpwerx

We already won! :D

Jesus Shuttlesworth is gonna rain fire and brimstone with the Heat next season. We're about to get all dynasty up in this bitch. PEACE.

You're a fan of a team that deserves to be contracted. Nothing you say to me would ever come close to that wretched reality.

If the NBA was ran worth a shit contraction wouldn't even be a possibility. That doesn't have anything to do with the Bobcats. That said the Hornets were setting NBA attendance records before we were moved to New Orleans by a corrupt, lying piece of human filth. Regardless of the shit hand we were dealt our love of basketball allowed Johnson and Jordan to rebuild and start over. It's been a bad ride so far, but despite being the worst team in the history of the league last year we still somehow managed to be 24th in attendance. The kind of passion you find for basketball in North Carolina doesn't exist in most other places. As long as the NBA is still alive there will be a team here, I guarantee it.

I can guarantee you that your franchise won't be one, ever.

This is just embittered BS, I hope the Knicks can turn it around and win a championship if it means this much to you.

Kwhit10

From the Boston herald
Allen, tired of being offered as trade bait by Danny Ainge in each of the last two years, was also being offered trade security by the Celtics, either in the form of a trade kicker or a no trade clause.

But according to a league source, Allen’s request from the Celtics went beyond the pale - reportedly a demand for a three-year, $27 million contract. The Celtics, according to the source, were in the process of attempting to talk Allen down from $9 million to $6 million per year.

If that demand was to make it seem like hr didn't want to leave knowing Celtics wouldn't pay him, why take 3 million. Just come out and say why you're leaving. Stop with the PR bullshit.

Some crazy fools on Twitter spitting things like this:

@StephGhost
If Miami get Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis & Marcus Camby it's over.

I mean, Im all for my team repeating, and Im excited to see Ray Ray do his thing down in Miami, but Camby and Lewis?

#Really?REALLY?

Some crazy fools on Twitter spitting things like this:

@StephGhost
If Miami get Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis & Marcus Camby it's over.

I mean, Im all for my team repeating, and Im excited to see Ray Ray do his thing down in Miami, but Camby and Lewis?

#Really?REALLY?

Ha, "and if we got Dwight Howard!?! Just call it a wrap!!!!"

Ray's a great pick up for the Heat. I'm convinced that he's still a viable player, and if nothing else he'll be able to hit a few of the many wide open threes that he'll get off Lebron and Wade being doubled. Instant floor spreader.

KG is going to be very passionate with his screens on him though.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rockets close to bringing back Brooks.... told you Kad.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom