• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

Kobe said:
"We've obviously had our moments and had our battles, but at the core of it was two guys who came in the league the same year (1996). Myself, him, Ray Allen, we're pretty much the last ones left. And there's kind of a bond that comes with that. It's a little bigger than some of the rivalries that we've had."

Well, he forgot Camby.

And poor Fisher.

If the NBA was ran worth a shit contraction wouldn't even be a possibility. That doesn't have anything to do with the Bobcats. That said the Hornets were setting NBA attendance records before we were moved to New Orleans by a corrupt, lying piece of human filth. Regardless of the shit hand we were dealt our love of basketball allowed Johnson and Jordan to rebuild and start over. It's been a bad ride so far, but despite being the worst team in the history of the league last year we still somehow managed to be 24th in attendance. The kind of passion you find for basketball in North Carolina doesn't exist in most other places. As long as the NBA is still alive there will be a team here, I guarantee it.

This is just embittered BS, I hope the Knicks can turn it around and win a championship if it means this much to you.

Blame your trolling ass Bobcat-gaf for always antagonizing Knicks-gaf.

Emwitus

I have a gut feeling howard is going to sign with dallas. Don't know how it's going to happen or even if it's possible but something tells me mark ain't going down without a fight. You can quote me later.

Tom Penny

Fucking Ray. Only reason I'm only a little mad is because he's in the conference and to get any were they will have to go through him. Hope he put up this years pathetic playoff numbers going forward...

giga

kberg: The Lakers and other teams remained in talks with the Magic for Dwight Howard today, but a trade is not imminent, league sources say.

giri

Fucking Ray. Only reason I'm only a little mad is because he's in the conference and to get any were they will have to go through him. Hope he put up this years pathetic playoff numbers going forward...

Rays 4th team, and his third east team.

why in the world did rayray take less money?
that aint even the right thing to do. smh.
David Aldridge: Was told half an hour ago by source with direct knowledge of talks that there is no imminent deal for Dwight Howard.

smokescreen confirmed.

The 96 draft was a beast:

Kobe
Iverson
Ray Allen
Camby
Antoine Walker
Starbury
Nash
Peja
Jermaine O'Neal
Abdur-Rahim

A lot of these guys flamed out after a few years, but everyone was an all-star at one point. That is just crazy.

Sources: A Laker, Magic, Sixer 3-way deal is in the cards. No players named (Iggy, Dwight, Pau and Bynum most likely).

Just finished talking to Pau; He is unsure about the whole bottle shank thing. Says his marshmellow center can't handle that.

giri

Not my point. Dude went to a conference rival. I think your familiar. Stings a little more. It is what it is.

Nash will get his jersey retired by the suns. I doubt ray ray would get his retired by the celtics.

They're slightly different.

But it probably means all those C's fans won't be cheering for him in the slightest.

And the lakers are more than a conference rival. They're a division rival.

Sources: A Laker, Magic, Sixer 3-way deal is in the cards. No players named (Iggy, Dwight, Pau and Bynum most likely).

Just finished talking to Pau; He is unsure about the whole bottle shank thing. Says his marshmellow center can't handle that.

How does it feel to have Nick Young chucking for your team?

Posting rumors without saying who said them, regardless of a source link, is pointless and adds nothing.

Yeah..I'll stop now. I get it from browsing the web...but to be fair Iggy for Pau has been rumored for a while now.

but yeah

Links only.

I'll stop Broussarding

brand and thadeus young for pau.

nash
kobe
ebank
brand
dwight

i can role with that

Tom Penny

Nash will get his jersey retired by the suns. I doubt ray ray would get his retired by the celtics.

They're slightly different.

But it probably means all those C's fans won't be cheering for him in the slightest.

And the lakers are more than a conference rival. They're a division rival.

Ray's not getting his number retired. I'd be utterly surprised. He will get his props for the first few minutes when they flash him a tribute the 1st time..other than that of course he's not getting cheered. To be honest I think he chose the Heat because he doesn't like Rondo and he felt disrespected from being on the block..or traded and the deal got nixed etc...It really comes down to he's in the conference and that money is dead weight and can't be used to improve the team. Now they over pay Jeff Green 0_0

Pau is way better than Brand though.

I'm not sure trading Pau is a good idea now that Nash is on board. He's the one player who can benefit the most from playing with Nash.

oh i have no doubt pau is better. and everyone would benefit from having nash at point.
Bill Simmons: (And then the Masshole side of me says...) Ray spent 5 minutes after Game 7 shamelessly sucking up to Miami's entire team. Glad it paid off.
simmons is best served bitter.

Mxrz

Nearly impossible to miss the playoffs in the East, so where would this lineup go?

Jameer
Redick
Artest
Anderson / Davis
Bynum.

Still have a near non-existent bench, but that's better than a couple of Eastern Starters, which seems dangerously like the Hawks 2.0.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Ray's not getting his number retired. I'd be utterly surprised. He will get his props for the first few minutes when they flash him a tribute the 1st time..other than that of course he's not getting cheered. To be honest I think he chose the Heat because he doesn't like Rondo and he felt disrespected from being on the block..or traded and the deal got nixed etc...It really comes down to he's in the conference and that money is dead weight and can't be used to improve the team. Now they over pay Jeff Green 0_0

He lost his job to Bradley, they signed Terry, and he doesn't like Rondo. Why WOULD he stay?

pilonv1

Nearly impossible to miss the playoffs in the East, so where would this lineup go?

Jameer
Redick
Artest
Anderson / Davis
Bynum.

Still have a near non-existent bench, but that's better than a couple of Eastern Starters, which seems dangerously like the Hawks 2.0.

They'd be better than the Knicks at least

2rvpqg.jpg

Get Ray-Ray back in #34. I could never get used to seeing him in #20. What a terrible number.

Jake.

bummed/pissed about ray going, but i thought it would happen.

what's his mum gonna do with all her customised jersey's?

Would love that.

Nash/Blake
Kobe/Glock/DJO
Iggy/Hill/Ebanks
Hill/McRoberts
Dwight

Pau is way better than Brand though.

I'm not sure trading Pau is a good idea now that Nash is on board. He's the one player who can benefit the most from playing with Nash.

If Dwight does end up coming to LA then I think there will be some Melo/Stat relationship between Pau and Dwight, I don't think they would be compatible at all. They need to trade and get a decent bench.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Heat preparing to offer Joel Anthony in a sign&trade to Houston for Marcus Camby
ugh"

6'9 PF/C ... MORE PF'S TO PLAY OUT OF POSITION... MUST HAVE MORE MORE BRING THEM ALL TO HOUSTON MOREY!

Mxrz

Heat - Lakers should get some insane ratings, especially in the finals. Although I guess thats more on market hype than actual being overly stacked teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom