• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I still can't believe the Pacers let Shane get away with guarding David West

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hill, Collison and Barbosa feeding the post? they ain't bout that life.

It wasn't even that.

That fuck of a coach didn't even put him in the post. He ran the exact same plays and kept putting David at the high post, completely negating the size advantage and most of the time that post up came off of a Hibbert screen or pass - meaning there was almost no chance at an offensive rebound.

Its was the dumbest shit I'd seen all season long.

OOO LA LA

2rvpqg.jpg

I remember when Seattle was trying to trade wade for ray awhile back. Now he's probably gonna back wade up. Funny how shit works.

Just finished reading thru the salt, did you fucks really try to downplay a HoF shooter coming of a 45% 3pt season. What, because he struggled threw a minor ankle injury?

Oh Gaf

fertygo

Just finished reading thru the salt, did you fucks really try to downplay a HoF shooter coming of a 45% 3pt season. What, because he struggled threw a minor ankle injury?

Oh Gaf

Well, we want to believe.

I want to believe Ray will keep shooting 30% and 60% FT like in the playoff too.

SamuraiX-

Jabari Parker has a smooth jumper.

Hopefully the Kings can tank for the #1 pick (which hasn't happened since the year I was fucking born) in time for the 2014 draft class.

Pkaz01

Made a championship team even better and shooting from range was up there with our biggest problems. A high IQ guy like Ray is a god-send.

but it still didn't solve their biggest problem which is why no one is scared over it. I'm not saying they didnt improve or that ray allen won't help. He just won't improve them as much as a real front court upgrade.

but it still didn't solve their biggest problem which is why no one is scared over it. I'm not saying they didnt improve or that ray allen won't help. He just won't improve them as much as a real front court upgrade.

We just won the finals, kept the same players we just won the finals with and added a HoF shooter. A healthy Ray makes us alot more dangerous on offense, especially with the type of looks he can get.

Nobody should be "scared" but to think that this didn't improve us significantly is funny. We may never have a great front court but honestly who gives a shit? As long as we keep our core healthy we'll be fine.
The Frankman said:
Andrew Perna
Would you take a third less pay to work for a company that has better chance at rewards? Not in a million years, but Ray Allen did.
about 5 hours ago

Hmm I was thinking more like...

"If your job kept trying to replace you and a better job opened up, wouldn't you do them a favor and leave? Ray Allen did."

Blondie

Neo Member
The Heat made everyone else respond to their strength of playing small ball with Bosh @ C and LeBron @ PF, Wade, and 2 3pt shooters. Wade & James are great rebounders for their positions, and our defensive speed and recoverability is maxed when playing small ball. Spo learned that to get the most outta his roster he had to ditch the traditional route and go with the best talent on the team. The Heat blitz you, and you are forced to sit your plodding center (which there fewer and fewer of in the league as time goes on) to adjust to it. So really not much of a weakness and is often overblown.

Can we play Bosh @ C & LeBron @ PF all season? Of course not. But as proven the regular season isn't as important, it's those 16 wins that matter and small ball worked.

And, as we're hearing we might just get Camby for a S&T. A great defensive C, who has an astronomical rebounding rate, which would solve our main "weakness"...

The Heat made everyone else respond to their strength of playing small ball with Bosh @ C and LeBron @ PF, Wade, and 2 3pt shooters. Wade & James are great rebounders for their positions, and our defensive speed and recoverability is maxed when playing small ball. Spo learned that to get the most outta his roster he had to ditch the traditional route and go with the best talent on the team. The Heat blitz you, and you are forced to sit your plodding center (which there fewer and fewer of in the league as time goes on) to adjust to it. So really not much of a weakness and is often overblown.

Can we play Bosh @ C & LeBron @ PF all season? Of course not. But as proven the regular season isn't as important, it's those 16 wins that matter and small ball worked.

And, as we're hearing we might just get Camby for a S&T. A great defensive C, who has an astronomical rebounding rate, which would solve our main "weakness"...

Of course its overblown. Just like the "Best Center in the league" was gonna shit on our frontcourt these past years.

Oh and if Riles pulls of Camby I will fly to wherever is his and kiss him bugs bunny style.

Dammit Ray Ray... :(

Why did you have to ring chase with the Douches of South Beach? It's always annoying to see a player immediately join a playoff rival. Allen didn't really need to sink that low since he already has a ring. But I guess he wanted some of that Heat Culture...

I'm still pretty shocked that he left 2/3 of money on the table plus a no-trade option, just to ring chase with an inferior franchise.

But it's a good pickup for the Heat assuming Allen can stay healthy for a decent stretch. At the very least, it'll allow them to take Mike Miller out to the shed and put him out of his misery...

That said, I think the Heat should try to get some younger talent if at all possible if they plan to contend for multiple championships.

Dammit Ray Ray... :(

Why did you have to ring chase with the Douches of South Beach? It's always annoying to see a player immediately join a playoff rival. Allen didn't really need to sink that low since he already has a ring. But I guess he wanted some of that Heat Culture...

I'm still pretty shocked that he left 2/3 of money on the table plus a no-trade option, just to ring chase with an inferior franchise.

But it's a good pickup for the Heat assuming Allen can stay healthy for a decent stretch. At the very least, it'll allow them to take Mike Miller out to the shed and put him out of his misery...

That said, I think the Heat should try to get some younger talent if at all possible if they plan to contend for multiple championships.

Gah I hate reading this bullshit you constantly spew.

You are shocked that a guy left the team that has been trying to trade him for two years straight. You are shocked that he wanted to leave a locker-room with the hot head PG who thinks he's a superstar. You are shocked that a guy doesn't necessarily care about money or subscribes to the theory that a franchise thats been around for ages and haves the most championships is "superior"

Im shocked you posted some dyslexic diatribe about the Heat.....oh wait

giri

You are shocked that a guy left the team that has been trying to trade him for two years straight. You are shocked that he wanted to leave a locker-room with the hot head PG who thinks he's a superstar. You are shocked that a guy doesn't necessarily care about money or subscribes to the theory that a franchise thats been around for ages and haves the most championships is "superior"

some of this comes off ironic.

Puddles

Banned
There should be some kind of rule stating that you can't sign with the team that eliminated you in the playoffs if you've been with the first team a certain number of years, or something like that.

Made a championship team even better and shooting from range was up there with our biggest problems. A high IQ guy like Ray is a god-send.

Bro, you only won the championship because of extreme-outlier, voodoo magic 3pt shooting against OKC.

There should be some kind of rule stating that you can't sign with the team that eliminated you in the playoffs if you've been with the first team a certain number of years, or something like that.

Bro, you only won the championship because of extreme-outlier, voodoo magic 3pt shooting against OKC.

because only durant decided to play in the finals for okc and miller must have sold his health to the devil for that shooting performance

Oh ok.

cacophony

Rockets appear close to bringing back Brooks

The Rockets moved toward bolstering their shrinking backcourt ranks Friday with the prospect of replacing last year’s starting point guards with their predecessor.

The Rockets have spoken with representatives of Aaron Brooks, 27, with the sides showing “mutual interest” in bringing him back to Houston, according to a person familiar with the talks.

tumblr_ltgju9spOD1qkakvoo1_400.gif

Guys the Heat won because the Thunder didn't have anyone with the balls to try and stop Lebron. Bunch of children got their shit pushed in because they couldn't step up to play like men. They are what Lebron was just last year.

Gabyskra

Banned
I've come to terms with the fact that the Heat is the perfect NBA champion. You read me right. Dwight Howard, Ray Allen, the decision, Melodrama, etc. That fucking disgraceful generation is all about that snake life. Miami represents that. Long live the King.

I've come to terms with the fact that the Heat is the perfect NBA champion. You read me right. Dwight Howard, Ray Allen, the decision, Melodrama, etc. That fucking disgraceful generation is all about that snake life. Miami represents that. Long live the King.

What exactly did ray do to prove he is about that snake life?

Tom Penny

Rondo has been on the block for years in numerous trade rumors and Ray is a vet and he can't handle it? Pierce almost got traded to the Nets. Ray's main reason to go to the Heat isn't even to get rings. Ray demanded 3/27 from the Celtics which is bitch made. This was a 100% pride move.

Oh. Must read on the Ray move.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--heat-gave-ray-allen-reason-to-again-feel-wanted.html

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Rondo has been on the block for years in numerous trade rumors and Ray is a vet and he can't handle it? Pierce almost got traded to the Nets. Ray's main reason to go to the Heat isn't even to get rings. Ray demanded 3/27 from the Celtics which is bitch made. This was a 100% pride move.

Oh. Must read on the Ray move.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--heat-gave-ray-allen-reason-to-again-feel-wanted.html

man, it's awful that a player decided to fuck with a GM who fucked him the last few years after taking a pay cut to come back. these players have too much power! why can't these slaves players stay with my team for life (or unless we can get better chips for them via trade, or LOL amnesty)?

he doesn't need the money, wants to win another championship and is sick of Ainge and Rondo. dat pride!

If Ray is upset with coming off the bench for Bradley, that's pretty dumb since Bradley is just better than him, but I guess pride is a factor for Hall of Fame players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom