• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyover

CJ is gone :(

Even though we've known for a couple years that Hinrich would likely be back the minute he hit free agency, I'm still disappointed.

One big reason the Bulls did so well this past season is not just because of their good players. It's because they had no bad players. Nobody under 12 PER last year (and only Brewer and Butler were under 13). Hinrich, on the other hand, has had a sub-10 PER since joining the Hawks.

Not that PER is the be-all, end-all. But a 9.2 is not good.

Ah, well. At least my dad will be happy, because Kirk is a tough hustler who plays the game the right way.

Kirk is a tough hustler who plays the game the right way.

larry-brown-12th-annual-espy-awards-arrivals-3QwGgM.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Don't let darkside see this! It will shatter his world

I like his game a lot but its a stupid comparison to begin with. Ryno was the much better jump shooter, Ilyasova was better inside. I don't really see why it was brought up in the first place anyway.

linsivvi

KG's hate was/is for the organization, not the fanbase. Our owner basically said that Garnett was mailing it in his last season here. Which is BS. To Garnett, who is a very loyal person, this was a betrayal.

He has shown much more douchiness in BOS but the Timberwolves hate is not a good example of it.

Yeah can you imagine somebody playing for McHale in 2012 and keep quiet for so many years?

Lowry can't even stand that guy for a season.

SamuraiX-

Jason Jones ‏@mr_jasonjones
#NBAKings are close to an agreement on a new contract with PF Jason Thompson according to a source.

THANK DA LAWD!

I just hope he's not demanding Ilyasova money. Wtf is wrong with the GMs in this league.

Did this ever happen? All of those players gave there all before joining celts. Nearly all were in there late prime.

and KG was on record after saying he realized after joining the Big 3 in Boston that he should have done it sooner. Should LeBron have spent another 5 years in Cleveland rotting for that shit franchise before going to Miami?

Mrbob

Wrap it up, lets start the party now, Captain Kirk is back! Bulls are now finally ready to make it to the NBA Finals! With one move, Garpax has now elevated to GM greatness. Hope the team is done, because there are no other needs now.

she only does girl girl though :(

but you take what you get

I just used the celtics against the hawks in this guy in 2k who wouldnt stop talking shit and cheesed in every way possible with josh "jordan" smith

felt good and dirty to dagger him in ot2 with pierce

Has a player ever gotten $9 million a year for several years before despite not showing any ability to do anything well on a basketball court? What a terrible contract for Green.

SamuraiX-

The Boston Celtics have emerged as a serious suitor for Courtney Lee after coach Doc Rivers met with the free-agent guard Saturday night, according to sources familiar with Boston's thinking.

Pietrus not coming back?

Wrap it up, lets start the party now, Captain Kirk is back! Bulls are now finally ready to make it to the NBA Finals! With one move, Garpax has now elevated to GM greatness. Hope the team is done, because there are no other needs now.

Nah. We also need to get this guy back, then Greatest Offseason can be complete.

i

Not one, not two, not three, how bout...

dat tank.

Tom Penny

If Jeff Green is worth $9M for a season why would Ray want to play 3 seasons just for the same amount of money?

Ray demanded 3/27 because his butt was hurt KG was their first priority. Instead he took 9 total over 3 years but wanted 9 per from the Celtics. Celtics offered 2/12 with a no trade clause. Dat jealousy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Brooklyn's started talks with RFA Brook Lopez on extension, sources tell Y! Could be to stay with Nets or used in sign-and-trade with Magic.

Welp. Better be for the former and not the latter.

charsace

Ray demanded 3/27 because his butt was hurt KG was their first priority. Instead he took 9 total over 3 years but wanted 9 per from the Celtics. Celtics offered 2/12 with a no trade clause. Dat jealousy.

No, I think it was the Jeff Green thing. You think he would be mad about KG getting money? It was Jeff Green he was mad about.

Tom Penny

No, I think it was the Jeff Green thing. You think he would be mad about KG getting money? It was Jeff Green he was mad about.

Take this for what you will.

Rivers hinted that perhaps the Celtics' courting of Kevin Garnett to return may have irritated Allen, who may not have felt like a priority.

"I thought we did that," Rivers said. "Danny (Ainge) in particular did exactly what he should have done. Kevin Garnett was our focal point and he should have been. If that got anyone ruffled then that's probably too bad. We did everything that we're supposed to do.

"He had his reasons. I think emotionally he probably got bent sideways a little bit by us courting Kevin for some reason. I don't know honestly. Listen, he was great for us when he was here and that's all we can say for it. Clearly we would have liked him to stay with us. But I respect Ray and that will never go away."

linsivvi

Sure but how can the Celtics justify paying Jeff Green more money than Ray next season? It's not like they couldn't give him a counter offer like 2/18.

I don't think asking for $9M per is too much when Omar Asik is getting $8M.

Kwhit10

Sure but how can the Celtics justify paying Jeff Green more money than Ray next season? It's not like they couldn't give him a counter offer like 2/18.

Because with Terry, the Celtics were in desperate need for a backup SF. While I think that is too much for Green, I think he can do well as the backup to Pierce. He's now the 4th highest paid player on the Celtics.

Tom Penny

They can't justify Jeff Green's contract with or without Ray. If your hurt about money they why do you leave to a conference rival for 1/3 of what you demanded?

If Jeff Green is worth $9M for a season why would Ray want to play 3 seasons just for the same amount of money?

Has a player ever gotten $9 million a year for several years before despite not showing any ability to do anything well on a basketball court? What a terrible contract for Green.

I just want to remind ya'll that Jeff Green shot 30% from 3 in '10-'11. Meanwhile, Ray Allen shot 45% over the last two years. If he got an inkling of what they were offering Jeff, I can't blame him for leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom