• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go Adam.

147932286-eric-gordon-of-the-2012-usa-basketball-mens-gettyimages.jpg

Ha.

shira

the rumor is that as long as his back checks out they'll roll the dice. And it makes the most sense. Seriously, after a season in LA, with the Lakers having his Bird rights, is he really going to walk away? Brooklyn will no longer be an option. And he can go to Dallas to play with Dirk and nobody else and take $25 million less. He will have no choice to resign, and after a year of the admiration and attention that being a Laker in LA brings, an attention whore like Dwight will gladly put his name on the dotted line.
Lol back surgery under 30.
That's like the red flag waving convention.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'm still in shock over how stupid NBA teams/owners are. Yeah there's a not enough talent for the demand but holy shit EVERYONE is getting PAID. Any player hitting FA is pretty much hitting the jackpot every single time.

Mrbob

Since the Bulls aren't going to build a contender around Rose, what team is he bolting too once his new contract is up?

Nelo Ice

Banned
So any bets on how valuable these hilariously overpaid contracts will be in 4 years? Nearly all of them are going to be expiring and traded for the following years hilariously overpaid contracts.

I'm still in shock over how stupid NBA teams/owners are. Yeah there's a not enough talent for the demand but holy shit EVERYONE is getting PAID. Any player hitting FA is pretty much hitting the jackpot every single time.
I'm still amazed that with everyone giving out stupid money the Knicks haven't given out one yet.

Mrbob

So any bets on how valuable these hilariously overpaid contracts will be in 4 years? Nearly all of them are going to be expiring and traded for the following years hilariously overpaid contracts.

NBA owners are the dumbest owners on the planet. They complain about not making any money and still throw away their cash like its running water.

NBA owners should take a crash course from NFL owners on how to run a team.

SamuraiX-

With all these ridiculous contracts, I see every team that still has an amnesty clause left to use it by the end of next season.

GOOD THING WE HAD A LOCKOUT!

I'm still amazed that with everyone getting stupid money the Knicks haven't given out a stupid deal yet.

That's because the Knicks have just the $3 mil MLE. Kind of hard to overpay when the rules don't allow it.

As the top salary teams are forced to pay less, the bottom and middle teams will be forced to pay more to compensate.

NBA owners are the dumbest owners on the planet. They complain about not making any money and still throw away their cash like its running water.

I've said this so many times...

It's not dumb. It's the nature of the market. There is no other way for rational people to act. They are just doing what you'd expect given the type of market they play in.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Hornets just paid a guy who averaged 16 and 8 who is 24 years old less money than the likes of Jeff Green and Gerald Wallace and somehow thats grossly overpaid and ridiculous. Right.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'm still amazed that with everyone giving out stupid money the Knicks haven't given out one yet.

It's a freaking miracle the Knicks haven't made their dumbass move of the season.

Seriously and the worst part is like 90% of the time trades aren't made to improve teams. They're made to trade off bad contracts for another or to trade for freaking cap relief. It's pretty much why we get away with being godlike since we pretty much take advantage of the fact that every other team in the league is run by complete idiots.

That's because the Knicks have just the $3 mil MLE. Kind of hard to overpay when the rules don't allow it.

As the top salary teams are forced to pay less, the bottom and middle teams will be forced to pay more to compensate.
It's a freaking miracle the Knicks haven't made their dumbass move of the season.
Oh don't count out the Knicks, man. 3 year, 3 million a year deal for Desagna Diop incoming.

I'd like to see what this potential Camby offer is though... seriously with the Knicks getting Kidd/Lin, I'll have to try out at SG. I'm too small for SG.

Jonm1010

Banned
I'm not sure how I feel about the Anderson trade. I like the guy But I'm not sure how he fits in. Are we moving Davis to the 5?? I hope not, the dude needs about 20-30 more pounds to play comfortably there.

Anderson to SF doesn't seem smart either.

And for those asking about ayon. He was a pretty nice player to have. Had some really good games and Gould be even better this season on a reasonable contract. Yeah he's older but he is still getting acclimated to playing on an English speaking team in the NBA. And a lot of people last year thought he was a brilliant pickup and will be a great role player in this league.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm not even that upset. He's getting traded to an organization with a bright future.

4/36 is for a player with 2 elite skills and a track record of making his team massively better while hes on the court is worth it. He's like the opposite of Carmelo.

giri

I'm not even that upset. He's getting traded to an organization with a bright future.

4/36 is for a player with 2 elite skills and a track record of making his team massively better while hes on the court is worth it. He's like the opposite of Carmelo.

How was the lollipop rainbow today?

darkside31337-chan sure gets offended when someone insults Ryan Anderson.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he had any semblance of being unbiased.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

By getting a system in place with a hard cap, non-guaranteed contracts and a lucrative TV sharing deal? What did you think they tried to do last lockout?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
darkside31337-chan sure gets offended when someone insults Ryan Anderson.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he had any semblance of being unbiased.

I'm trying to be as unbiased as I possibly can. He provides two skills at an elite rate and a track record of making his team much better while hes on the court. Yet somehow hes on the same level as Jeff Green and Channing Frye. I really don't what else I can say at this point so I won't say anything any more.

Ilyasova and Anderson contacts are fine, both guys will average close to 17 and 8 next year. Wallace contract was an obvious overpayment to convince he and (more importantly) Deron to stay. Won't feel too bad if he averages close to 15 and 6. Asik and Green deals are Charlie Villanueva-bad.

I have the feeling the Anderson trade is backup in case the situation with Eric Gordon goes bad. That said it's not a bad contract. I think he's worth about 8 million a year, a million more than that isn't exactly outrageous.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I have the feeling the Anderson trade is backup in case the situation with Eric Gordon goes bad. That said it's not a bad contract. I think he's worth about 8 million a year, a million more than that isn't exactly outrageous.

Gordon will be making the max on a team thats heading in the right direction. Once he takes his head out of his ass things will be fine.

Of the 337 players with at least 15 unguarded catch-and-shoot jumpers last season, nobody was left open less often than Kobe. Only 35.2 percent of his catch-and-shoot jumpers were unguarded.

When Kobe was left open, he shot 51.3 percent, which ranked 11th of the 113 players with at least 75 unguarded catch-and-shoot jumpers last season. It was the highest such percentage of the nine Lakers players with at least 20 attempts last season.

niiiice.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Of course he was guarded. He had a 35.67 usage %. Teams would be stupid to not guard him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom