• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

Well to be honest, Bynum, Howard, and Lopez all have injury issues respectively.

Bynum seems to be injured all the time, back injuries are hard to get over, and ankle injuries on big men.. yeah.

You are rolling the dice on any of these guys.

Bynum was injured all the time, while Howard was never hurt. And then last season happened where Howard hurt his back while Bynum played the whole season. So yeah, both are now a risk, but that's how big men are these days. They either suck or are injured often.

if anything, Bynum not wanting to sign the extension right away might be an advantage to Orlando. let him play another trial year. See if he can stay healthy again. See if he can be an all-star again. Then if he is, you can give him a max deal and more money than anyone else.

Yeah that's what I think too. Orlando doesn't have to pay him right away.

I think Jim is willing to part with Bynum, but because of his man crush on him he's not willing to take on additional contracts, and that makes the Nets/Cavs trade a better option from the Magic's standpoint.

Gilbert's gonna look like a dumbass for all the bitching after Bron left and the failed CP3 trade he did about how unfair things are, and then he goes and hand's Brooklyn a super team in his own conference.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AlexKennedyNBA
The Orlando Summer League gets underway tomorrow at 11 a.m. The first game on the schedule? Nets vs. Magic. You can't make this stuff up.

Dwight should show up to the building just to make things really awkward.

Stern had this shit rigged months ago.

Gilbert's gonna look like a dumbass for all the bitching after Bron left and the failed CP3 trade he did about how unfair things are, and then he goes and hand's Brooklyn a super team in his own conference.

But isoJoe/Deron Webber/corpse of Wallace aren't even Knicks-good according to some here.

G-Fex

It's a good game, but the 2K series doesn't really improve year on year, unfortunately.

So, it's like the SD! series, lol.

That's fine! At least I got one NBA game.

I'll be switching between NBA channel and NFL channel this week. Get a little educated in the sport.

RBH

It's really really strange how everything has focused on Brooklyn when the Hawks could easily offer Horford (which is better than the Nets offer) and probably convince him to stay without any problem since none of Dwight's wishlist would have capspace other than Dallas and Dallas just has an aging Dirk.

I've read that the Hawks are adamant that they aren't going to trade Horford.

Horford/Teague/1st round pick sounds about right, but I wasn't expecting Howard to want to come to Atlanta anyways (even with it being his "home town" and Josh being one of his best friends).

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That's fine! At least I got one NBA game.

I'll be switching between NBA channel and NFL channel this week. Get a little educated in the sport.
The NFL is more exciting to watch (it's geared to be a good TV sport), but the NBA was my first love, so I'll never abandon it out of loyalty.

Talon

I've read that the Hawks are adamant that they aren't going to trade Horford.

Horford/Teague/1st round pick sounds about right, but I wasn't expecting Howard to want to come to Atlanta anyways (even with it being his "home town" and Josh being one of his best friends).
On one hand, I understand it, but I would absolutely make this deal.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Yeah that's why I'm utterly confused as to how this is even possible. If they give the Cavs picks doesn't that take away a pick from going to Orlando. Unless Cleveland is willing to give more picks?!

There is zero chance cleveland gives up shit in this.

My best guess?

Humphries 1 year deal at 9 million (2-3rd years will be team options to satisfy sign and trade rules)

2-3 million in cash EACH from the nets and magic

Marshon Brooks/Gerald Green (one of the 2)

A second round pick or two.

RBH

On one hand, I understand it, but I would absolutely make this deal.

Feel the same way (even though I'm a huge fan of Horford), but it doesn't sound promising unfortunately.

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
RT @GrownManFB: I wonder what the #HAWKS are offering? ---> Told it was most of the luggage from the Joe Johnson deal.

RT @EloyVazquezJr: is it me or a package of horford, teague and first rd picks more enticing ---> sure, but its never been offered.

Unclear what Hawks are really offering, as Hawks source deny emphatically that Al Horford has been offered to anyone

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Nets are finding traction beyond third-team involvement of Cleveland to find a landing spot for Kris Humphries, league sources tell Y!

Dwightmare will never end.

as a knick fan I'd be cool with the nets getting dwight. a good crosstown rivalry would be awesome.

yeah, its all good. maybe seeing knicks fans converting to nets and loss of revenue will make the FO be more competent in the future?

one can hope really.

pilonv1

614078224.jpg

lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
But isoJoe/Deron Webber/corpse of Wallace aren't even Knicks-good according to some here.

The hate for JJ is retarded... Dude is a fine player. Yes he is paid too much but he hasn't ended up robbing his team like other bad contracts aka Lewis..

Deron/JJ/Wallace/????/Dwight

not a bad starting 5

I honestly don't mind Dwight to NJ but I don't understand how the Magic would be okay with Brook Lopez and some picks in the twentys for their star player. How does that happen after the Melo and CP3 trades? I obviously would take the Houston deal but I don't see how any magic fan could be okay with this. I'd at least want Bynum.

I think Jim is willing to part with Bynum, but because of his man crush on him he's not willing to take on additional contracts, and that makes the Nets/Cavs trade a better option from the Magic's standpoint.

I don't even think that's it. I think the problem is simply the mechanics of it.

Dwight and Bynum swap is legal. If you throw in Hedo, Lakers have to add $9 mil in salaries just to make a deal legal. MWP + Blake could do it, but I'm guessing Orlando doesn't want that since that's actually worse than Hedo who is only $6mil guaranteed the final year. Orlando adds salary with that deal, overall.

If you add in Duhon, Lakers have to add someone and Blake is worse than Duhon, contract wise. Only Bynum + McBobs works, and that is in no way stopping the Lakers deal (it would cost an extra 1.5 mil total for Lakers).

They don't want to trade Redick (expiring) and by all account Davis too and Nelson just re-signed.

That leaves JRich. Two problems: Blake isn't enough cap wise to make the deal work (same with McBobs). It would take MWP which Orlando probably doesn't want (only saves $3.6mil). In addition, JRich and Nash have legit bad beef between them and was why Suns dealt him.

Which is why there was a rumored 3rd team with the Laker deal involved and my guess is JRich going to that 3rd team.

It's not that the Lakers won't take on salary, it's that since the Nash trade, the CBA is making it very hard to design a deal that does it. Hedo is virtually impossible to bring to LA and JRich can't be with Nash.

I honestly don't mind Dwight to NJ but I don't understand how the Magic would be okay with Brook Lopez and some picks in the twentys for their star player. How does that happen after the Melo and CP3 trades? I obviously would take the Houston deal but I don't see how any magic fan could be okay with this. I'd at least want Bynum.

I still don't understand why Houston/Atlanta would trade all of their remaining talent and picks for Howard who would then be compelled to stay by...what exactly? At least with Deron we had the extra year to figure something out.

Don't forget, teams leak out shit like this to up the offers. Once teams hear that Cleveland is gonna get Brooks and that a deal is close, it might cause other teams to up their offer (be it Houston or whatever).

Then there's some that say Nets deal almost done, others that say Nets are moving on. It's a fucking mess because even reporters have no idea who is lying and who isn't. All part of the game.

Just have to sit back and wait for something to actually happen. It would be nice if it would be over soon.

I still don't understand why Houston/Atlanta would trade all of their remaining talent and picks for Howard who would then be compelled to stay by...what exactly? At least with Deron we had the extra year to figure something out.

May be no where else to go. Dallas will be the only option, and if they suck this year, does Dwight leave?

Next year's free agency is going to be VASTLY different.

Edit: Honestly, Indiana should have worked a deal with Hibbert for Howard.

Because Dwight's best friend is Josh Smith who is an elite player and the two of them could get CP3 on the team if the Clippers lose in the first-round this year.

Mxrz

Its all a ploy. Dwight already signed his extension. Hennigan is just trying to rattle the league and the media a bit before he drops that bomb and sends everybody home.

Yeah.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Its all a ploy. Dwight already signed his extension. Hennigan is just trying to rattle the league and the media a bit before he drops that bomb and sends everybody home.

Yeah.

smokescreen

Talon

He's coming home. He can pair with Josh Smith to create a pretty formidable defensive front court. We can afford CP3 the next offseason. We can offer him an additional year.

TBH, if I'm Atlanta, I'd offer Horford, picks, whatever to get D12. I think it would be worth the gamble given the new system next year. And Cp3 thing is legit.

But if they won't offer Horford, then they're being dumb. gotta take chances.

I already tweeted about wanting to punch him in the balls.

If the Lakers don't get dwight, it won't be Bynum's fault. Stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom