• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
The former player has never coached before, but surrounded by Jackson and a coaching staff including Vincent — former Charlotte Bobcats coach — and a couple of Jackson's former Los Angeles Lakers assistant coaches — Frank Hamblen and Jim Cleamons — the hope was that he could learn on the fly.

I'd love to divulge the name of the former all-star player and would-be coach, but he's currently an employee of another NBA team.

Gonna guess that it's Dr. J

pilonv1

Don't tell Jordan what he can and can't do.

He is the greatest NBA player of all time

If he wants to pick Harrison Barnes with the #2 he will

I bet he thinks he can put one over Jerry West. You know thats how he operates.

"I got my man and the 30th pick. Gotta collect those assets! Logo ain't what he used to be."

I've been warming up to TRob lately, but it's 6'10 or bust. Biyombo needs to be paired with someone that has a good back to the basket game and a decent mid-range shooting stroke. TRob has that, but unfortunately I don't think he's tall enough to pair with Biyombo. :(

Mothman91

I've been warming up to TRob lately, but it's 6'10 or bust. Biyombo needs to be paired with someone that has a good back to the basket game and a decent mid-range shooting stroke. TRob has that, but unfortunately I don't think he's tall enough to pair with Biyombo. :(
I feel you. Wizards already has Booker, who is 6'8, and we need some length. Vesely doesn't count because that's all he has and a bit of athleticism. But go ahead and take him, I'm sure we will take MKG off your hands.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

That's the deal breaker for me too.

I don't even think he's 6'8 though.

I don't watch college but what's with all the hate on Rivers? Most articles around the web speak well of him. Impossible to know what the Suns will do until the FA starts shaking out, especially Nash. We need a 1, 2, and 3.... Hilarious that they are trying to sell season tickets when no one even knows who the hell will be on the roster. I'm more interested to see who will be on the team than the season itself at this point.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I don't watch college but what's with all the hate on Rivers? Most articles around the web speak well of him.

He used up a ton of Duke's possessions but didn't do much with them. He doesn't spot up, and doesn't do anything besides score inefficiently (.434/.365. That's not good.).

He sucked last year. He is living off high school hype.

Bowser

He used up a ton of Duke's possessions but didn't do much with them. He doesn't spot up, and doesn't do anything besides score inefficiently (.434/.365. That's not good.).

And that one shot.

That one. motherfucking. bullshit. shot.

I suppose that makes sense as a lot of praise has been P/R skills. I've seen people wondering if he could play some point. I guess that's a funny thought if he just hogs and chucks.

So what scorer is there to be excited about at the end of the lottery? I'd love to get Lamb but doubt he'll make it to 13. Every mock predicts us taking Rivers or a PG.

Man, you guys discussing the draft and college players are only making a point that I know NOTHING about the draft AND college players.

Thanks.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
And that one shot.

That one. motherfucking. bullshit. shot.

Yeah, pretty much.

From DX:
According to Synergy Sports Technology, Rivers's total number of pick and rolls and isolations used this season (356 over 34 games) ranks in the top-5 in the NCAA.
Rivers' efficiency, decision-making, and ability to make an impact without the ball in his hands remain areas for improvement.

I think there are a ton of red flags with Rivers that people are just ignoring because of name recognition and he had a game winner that was all over SportsCenter.

Most concerning thing is that he couldnt beat out the Morris twins....he reminds me of T-Will...moves and looks like a star but sucks at the next level..

Really hoping that the cats pass on MKG...im really not too hyped on Beal...Eric Gordon and Roy are the only legit 2 guard under 6'4 in a minute so the odds are kind of terrible..

Mothman91

Most concerning thing is that he couldnt beat out the Morris twins....

Really hoping that the cats pass on MKG...im really not too hyped on Beal...Eric Gordon and Roy are the only legit 2 guard under 6'4 in a minute so the odds are kind of terrible..
Hopefully they do...but if they don't, I think we do take Beal.

Hopefully they do...but if they don't, I think we do take Beal.

As long as we make a FA move to go along with it im good...maybe Batum.

What I really want is to move Crawford and Booker for Portlands second pick...maybe walk away with Terrence Jones or something.

Hearing rumors that the raptors want to move their pick...shit Id give up Vesely, Crawful, and Singleton if it gives us Beal and Lamb..

AuUtn8qCEAEelgn.jpg

bacon wrap swag

He was listed as 6'8 coming out of HS, so I do think he's at least that tall. We'll find out before the draft hopefully.

I really hope the Cats can trade back...if not, I want MKG. Not sold on Beal and Robinson's too short.

I'd love to trade back, I think Cleveland is probably our best shot. We'd likely miss out on MKG, but if Robinson is our guy we could still get him at 4 and hopefully pick up either one of Cleveland's seconds or if we're lucky their other 1st round pick.

Also, I've decided that taking Beal is a bad decision. There will be several good SGs in free agency over the next few years and next year's draft is looking like it will be a much better class for guards. So for me it comes down to MKG and Robinson (depending on his height).

DY_nasty

Yeah, I do actually like Beal. I don't want people to think that I don't - but I just don't want to take him that high. Especially if he's our sole 1st round pick.

If we trade down, and he's still available at 6-8 or wherever, then sure.

Bowser

He was listed as 6'8 coming out of HS, so I do think he's at least that tall. We'll find out before the draft hopefully.

I'd love to trade back, I think Cleveland is probably our best shot. We'd likely miss out on MKG, but if Robinson is our guy we could still get him at 4 and hopefully pick up either one of Cleveland's seconds or if we're lucky their other 1st round pick.

Also, I've decided that taking Beal is a bad decision. There will be several good SGs in free agency over the next few years and next year's draft is looking like it will be a much better class for guards. So for me it comes down to MKG and Robinson (depending on his height).

Yeah, I do actually like Beal. I don't want people to think that I don't - but I just don't want to take him that high. Especially if he's our sole 1st round pick.

If we trade down, and he's still available at 6-8 or wherever, then sure.

Is Felton going to stay in Portland? Could we swing #2 and Augustin for #6 and #11? Is that giving up too much? Is it not enough?

DY_nasty

Is Felton going to stay in Portland? Could we swing #2 and Augustin for #6 and #11? Is that giving up too much? Is it not enough?
I don't really want Felton back. He played substantially worse than any other starting point guard in the league last year.

But I'm really hoping that we manage to swing #2 and DJ for #6 and #11. That'd be winning. Even if it meant we still end up taking Barnes.

I'd be fine with taking Beal at 6, if we're able to trade with the Blazers and he's still there. The weakest part of our roster is the 3 and 4 though, so I'd feel better if we get someone who can play one of those positons. Let's not kid ourselves though, we're going to be bad enough next year to have a shot at Shabazz Mohammed. I know he hasn't played a college game yet, but he has Kobe like drive and moxie. We missed out on Davis, so I've steered my hope for a franchise star onto him.

And also I will throw a fit if we draft Barnes, we should draft anyone but him. He wasn't even the best small forward on his team.

I don't really want Felton back. He played substantially worse than any other starting point guard in the league last year.

But I'm really hoping that we manage to swing #2 and DJ for #6 and #11. That'd be winning. Even if it meant we still end up taking Barnes.

Watch you guys end up with Drummond if you do that lol

I know he hasn't played a college game yet, but he has Kobe like drive and moxie.

You'd be lucky if he was Harden good.

Comparing draft picks to Kobe almost always results in disaster.

DY_nasty

Watch you guys end up with Drummond if you do that lol

I wouldn't even be mad with Drummond at 6. It'd also let all of our guards know to NEVER pass the ball into the paint if that wasn't clear already.

Mxrz

Got around to reading that interview with Redick. Sounds like the squad with Carter, Rashard, Peaches, and Gortat were becoming a real team before Otis & co fucked it up. Blergh.

You'd be lucky if he was Harden good.

Comparing draft picks to Kobe almost always results in disaster.

Harden good is definitely worth a top 4 pick. I think he has a higher upside than that though, and he's aware of the comparisons:

http://nbadraft.net/shabazz-muhammad-interview

NBADraft.net: You are a natural leader on the floor and similar to Kobe, you demand that teammates play with the same intensity level as yourself. Do you see some similarities between yourself and him?

Shabazz Muhammad: Yeah I always try to practice my moves. I have a lot of tapes of Kobe and his fallaway moves, his pivot moves. I think studying him is always a good thing to do. I think he's still the best, with his skillset. Always watching what he does on defense and offense, how aggressive he is and as a competitor, I try to emulate my game after his.

A guy with a lot of different shots who plays extremely hard and doesn't seem to know that passing is legal.

I love that about him. He's barely out of HS, why should he give up the ball so that others can work on their game at this point? When it comes to player development it's good to be selfish. He can start passing the ball once he has an obligation to, i.e. at UCLA and the next level.

I love that about him. He's barely out of HS, why should he give up the ball so that others can work on their game at this point? When it comes to player development it's good to be selfish. He can start passing the ball once he has an obligation to, i.e. at UCLA and the next level.

Austin Rivers, is that you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom