• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

Anyone else fully expect Dion Waiters to be the best SG taken from this draft in 5 years?

I also greatly anticipate Waiters and Kyrie bringing a title to cleveland within the next 5 years (along with Thompson who matured greatly at the end of the season and became nearly a double double guy with just over 20 minutes of playtime). The future is very bright in Cleveland.

Zeller seems like a very safe pick with a low ceiling but high floor. I say cleveland gets the 8 seed this year, and becomes a playoff team from here on out.

Anyone else fully expect Dion Waiters to be the best SG taken from this draft in 5 years?

I also greatly anticipate Waiters and Kyrie bringing a title to cleveland within the next 5 years (along with Thompson who matured greatly at the end of the season and became nearly a double double guy with just over 20 minutes of playtime). The future is very bright in Cleveland.

Zeller seems like a very safe pick with a low ceiling but high floor. I say cleveland gets the 8 seed this year, and becomes a playoff team from here on out.

In 5 years we'll see The Decision 2017 where Lil Kyrie takes his talents to south beach and the subsequent return of Comic Sans

LuchaShaq

Banned
In 5 years we'll see The Decision 2017 where Lil Kyrie takes his talents to south beach and the subsequent return of Comic Sans

Probably something similar.

Who the fuck would ever want to play for an unprofessional psycho owner? Especially in THAT city. Only reason players sign with racist ass Sterling is because it's LA.

etiolate

Banned
If Tyreke improved his jumper and midrange game, he'd be an unstoppable shooting guard. It's hard to believe in that happening when he really hasn't advanced his game in three years.

Walsh

Banned
Ownership in Cleveland is honestly not that bad. Lebron simply held the organization and city hostage, then went on to take a public shit on both on ESPN in a hour long self promotion special (for charity nonetheless).

I wouldn't trade Dan Gilbert for anyone at this point.

Only problem I have with Gilbert is that he should have had the foresight to trade Lebron before he went on the free agent market. Loyalty from a guy as superficial and egomaniacal as the average NBA player (much less a self proclaimed king) should have never even been expected.

Ownership in Cleveland is honestly not that bad. Lebron simply held the organization and city hostage, then went on to take a public shit on both on ESPN in a hour long self promotion special (for charity nonetheless).

Only problem I have with Gilbert is that he should have had the foresight to trade Lebron before he went on the free agent market. Loyalty from a guy as superficial and egomaniacal as the average NBA player (much less a self proclaimed king) should have never even been expected.

You really gone act like CLE doesn't have one of the worst FOs in the league?

SamuraiX-

If Tyreke improved his jumper and midrange game, he'd be an unstoppable shooting guard. It's hard to believe in that happening when he really hasn't advanced his game in three years.

I'd take some sense of competence from how to play within the flow of the game and set his teammates up better before the jumper...

Petrie says he's been working with Reke over the summer on improving his jumper but it's probably a lost cause. In the end all I can hope is that we let some other idiot GM waste max money on him.

no

Walsh

Banned
You really gone act like CLE doesn't have one of the worst FOs in the league?

What exactly backs up this claim? The lebron situation? James would have left any market besides LA/NY for Miami (and even those markets most likely), regardless of the front office situation.

LuchaShaq

Banned

Surround one of the best players of the era with overpriced old garbage? Check!

Waste any opportunities to draft good young talent? Check!

Have a joke for a coach the entire time after Silas left? Check!

Have zero backup plan if your star leaves your garbage roster that has literally nothing going for it beyond him? Check!

Write a childish letter that looks/reads like a middle school girl who got cheated on? Check!

Complain to the commissioner when another team might get a star pg along with other owners leading to the joke trade veto? Check!

Run your franchise in a complete disaster of a city that hasn't had a positive thing happen to it in decades besides Lebron? Check!

What exactly backs up this claim? The lebron situation? James would have left any market besides LA/NY for Miami (and even those markets most likely), regardless of the front office situation.

IDK man.

Have zero backup plan if your star leaves your garbage roster that has literally nothing going for it beyond him? Check!

Write a childish letter that looks/reads like a middle school girl who got cheated on? Check!

Complain to the commissioner when another team might get a star pg along with other owners leading to the joke trade veto? Check!

Run your franchise in a complete disaster of a city that hasn't had a positive thing happen to it in decades besides Lebron? Check!

Sums it up pretty nicely.

Don't you be sassing Snaq and Jamison!
Hey, Devin Brown and Dajuan Wagner were ballers!
This pisses me off so much because Paul Silas was such a good coach back in the day, he wouldn't put up with LeBron's shit.
They literally got Jordan Retirement'd. It was amazing if it wasn't done so douchey by LeBron.
I can't even hate on the letter, I think he did it more because he went to Miami.
Do you watch baseball at all? 2007?

frankman sucks
... you know what also does?

13782-your-mom.jpg

Walsh

Banned

Building a team around Lebron was impossible from the get go, he had to team up with 2 all star caliber players to win a lockout season. No front office in the world would have been able to build around Lebron to win a championship sadly.

Waste any opportunity to draft good young talent? Who won rookie of the year? Kyrie Irving. Who had another stellar draft this year? Cleveland.

The same joke coach that the Lakers hired to follow Phil Jackson? Must be a big joke huh

He had a back up, how do you think we had so many draft picks this year?

The letter, complaining about a trash trade and your last gibberish is not relevant.

ARe you jealous of our front office or just a really bitter person?

Building a team around Lebron was impossible from the get go, he had to team up with 2 all star caliber players to win a lockout season. No front office in the world would have been able to build around Lebron to win a championship sadly.

Waste any opportunity to draft good young talent? Who won rookie of the year? Kyrie Irving. Who had another stellar draft this year? Cleveland.

The same joke coach that the Lakers hired to follow Phil Jackson? Must be a big joke huh

The letter, complaining about a trash trade and your last gibberish is not relevant.

Lol

i like how gilbert said just call everyone else the washington generals!!!!!111

goes out and tries to help form another superteam

Walsh

Banned
Well Zeller is easily considered the safest pick in the draft, and Waiters was the best pick for us at 4, and looks to be the best SG taken in the draft.

People hated on us taking Thompson so high but do you remember the joke Minnesota took at 2? Thompson is going to be a double double guy once he gets the minutes, the front office has been on a roll with the draft the past two years.

I understand blind hate, but when you can clearly see the results (Kyrie and Thompson were both great picks, Waiters and Zeller both appear to be great picks) calling the front office bad is inherently incorrect.

etiolate

Banned
What happened to Cleveland and Lebron is partly due to the way the NBA functions. It's no coincidence that the Cavs and Magic ended up in similar situations with star talent. How do you fairly acquire talent to help your best player when the market dictates that only certain team destinations are desirable? How do you change that mindset when the same markets and teams end up winning the title and acquiring all the talent?

Well, you end up overpaying for talent to pull the talent away from the regular destinations, and you end up getting aging talent with name value to increase your value as a destination. Eventually, you become salary bloated and cannot afford the costs of that salary since your market brings in less money. Eventually, you have a lot of overpaid, dwindling talent acquired to appease a superstar because that superstar genuinely doesn't understand how real contenders are built.

The Spurs succeed partly because Duncan didn't create that sense of paranoia. There was less fear that Duncan would leave for the usual destinations, so San Antonio was able to build through the draft and selective trades. The bad moves you see from the Magic and Cavs are panic button reactions to superstar fueled NBA.

The Spurs succeed partly because Duncan didn't create that sense of paranoia. There was less fear that Duncan would leave for the usual destinations, so San Antonio was able to build through the draft and selective trades. The bad moves you see from the Magic and Cavs are panic button reactions to superstar fueled NBA.
Tim Duncan was also a class individual and not a humongous dick.

holup I missed this.
Well Zeller is easily considered the safest pick in the draft, and Waiters was the best pick for us at 4, and looks to be the best SG taken in the draft.
... WHAT?

JTheadshake.gif

I hope Carmelo gets in shape and shows up next year ready to make something happen. It's now or never.

Also, who else is planning on watching the summer league stream on NBA.com? It's only 15, it's totally worth it I think.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AlexKennedyNBA
Magic brass will meet at 9 a.m. to discuss if they should pull the trigger on the three-team deal with the Nets and Cavaliers.

It can all come to an end in a few hours.

Hopefully it doesn't though. Fuck Brook Lopez.

KingKong

If the Magic end up taking Lopezs max salary and some other team trades a pick for Marshawn Brooks then the players should demand another lockout

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
Tentacles of Nets-Magic talks covering 14 players, 3 teams w/ possible 4th locking in to take MarShon Brooks to provide pick, sources tell Y

pilonv1

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Tentacles of Nets-Magic talks covering 14 players, 3 teams w/ possible 4th locking in to take MarShon Brooks to provide pick, sources tell Y

Someone should be all over lil Kobe

AlexKennedyNBA
Magic brass will meet at 9 a.m. to discuss if they should pull the trigger on the three-team deal with the Nets and Cavaliers.

It can all come to an end in a few hours.

Hopefully it doesn't though. Fuck Brook Lopez.

If they actually take this trade, I'll lose all hope in the NBA.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

I don't even keep up with the NBA on a regular basis and even I lol'd at this. The Cavs picked Irving because he was obviously the best player in that draft. Not so sure they made very smart moves in this draft. Waiters may be a great player but Irving would have benefitted from someone to finishes his passes. I definitely question the wisdom of trade 3 picks for a future back up center.

Pimpwerx

GMs are paid well-enough they don't need to be told explicitly what to do by their players. Why are you making excuses for your team's poor management?

Did you think Dwight held Orlando hostage too? It's clear he didn't want to stay and wasn't interested in signing an extension. He only opted-in because of the PR disaster caused by SVG. It was in Orlando's best interest to take some of the offers they had last season, but instead they waited. That's bad management.

The same thing with Cleveland. It was clear Bron wanted out. When your star doesn't sign his extension before the trade deadline, you better start thinking about PlanB. Stop making excuses for Cleveland trying to hold on to Lebron like grim death. He had one foot out the door and they desperately clung to him to their own folly.

There's no such thing as loyalty in the age of free agents. PEACE.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ChrisMannixSI
Source connected to Nets-Magic talks say Dwight Howard talks moving forward. "They are getting there," said a source. Source said complicated deal would 'gut' the Nets roster of players, picks. But it would return Howard, which is the only end game for BK

Hooray we can have all the bad players on a team who went 22-44 last year! And give Brook Lopez the max!

ChrisMannixSI
Source connected to Nets-Magic talks say Dwight Howard talks moving forward. "They are getting there," said a source. Source said complicated deal would 'gut' the Nets roster of players, picks. But it would return Howard, which is the only end game for BK

Hooray we can have all the bad players on a team who went 22-44 last year! And give Brook Lopez the max!

But Johan petro is already on the Hawks.

pilonv1

Can't wait to see the Nets list of minimum salary scrubs.

Wonder if it can outdo the Heat dream team of Bibby, Arroyo, House, Howard, Dampier, Stackhouse and Magloire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom