• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT|They said I could become anything so I became multiple sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
they've had plenty of opportunities to acquire talent greater than mo williams, larry hughes, and antawn jamison (who was pretty much donated if I recall)

I may be crazy but I recall some suggesting hughes would be the pippen to lebron's jordan

Hughes was a good player and one time with stifling D..

Also what times did they really have to acquire talent... I really want to hear these times and players..

RBH

Anyone else fully expect Dion Waiters to be the best SG taken from this draft in 5 years?

I also greatly anticipate Waiters and Kyrie bringing a title to cleveland within the next 5 years (along with Thompson who matured greatly at the end of the season and became nearly a double double guy with just over 20 minutes of playtime). The future is very bright in Cleveland.

Zeller seems like a very safe pick with a low ceiling but high floor. I say cleveland gets the 8 seed this year, and becomes a playoff team from here on out.

Well Zeller is easily considered the safest pick in the draft, and Waiters was the best pick for us at 4, and looks to be the best SG taken in the draft.

People hated on us taking Thompson so high but do you remember the joke Minnesota took at 2? Thompson is going to be a double double guy once he gets the minutes, the front office has been on a roll with the draft the past two years.

I understand blind hate, but when you can clearly see the results (Kyrie and Thompson were both great picks, Waiters and Zeller both appear to be great picks) calling the front office bad is inherently incorrect.
iUlTQke6wjPhb.gif

KingKong

they've had plenty of opportunities to acquire talent greater than mo williams, larry hughes, and antawn jamison (who was pretty much donated if I recall)

I may be crazy but I recall some suggesting hughes would be the pippen to lebron's jordan

I guess but that high in the lottery it's a crapshoot. The Lakers haven't gotten anyone good since Bynum

Smokey

Did he talk about the Asik deal? Why sign him if you're tanking?

Wizard morey trying to wreck Chicago cap?

he said they view asik as a very underrated player we just don't know it because he's behind noah

but then when asked about jlin and asik and what if they don't sign..he said if they do sign great, if they don't no harm. the only thing that will have been wasted is the rockets work hours. so if they don't sign you have no center and the worst pg lineup in the league. no big deal? ok

said it's pretty much impossible to win with the amount of young players they have but to get the rockets where they need to be, this is what needs to happen. said the same thing about the lowry trade..they had no choice but to make that deal for the guaranteed lotto pick considering the phase they are in

Hughes was a good player and one time with stifling D..

Also what times did they really have to acquire talent... I really want to hear these times and players..
Are you serious? If they hadn't given out all these horrible contracts and drafted these nobodies when they were still a lottery team they could have made a way better squad. They don't have a clue how to draft anyone outside of obvious number ones.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Every time I step away for a minute, NeoCavs be GOING H.A.M. up in this bitch!

I like this Walsh guy.

Thus far one of the worst times to tank in history with the prospects that are on the horizon.

Enjoy dat tho

I actually think the projected top 5's in the next two drafts are solid. If the Rockets can manage to be that bad the next two years, there's a decent chance they could find an impact player to build around.

xnipx

Wasn't it Lebron who insisted they keep hickson when the stat trade was brought up? Or am I remembering incorrectly.

linsivvi

Kevin Love said:
It's tough seeing all these guys that are young and older who have all played in the playoffs. When they start talking about that, I have nothing to talk about. If I don't make the playoffs next year, I don't know what will happen.

Why is Love getting so melodramatic about not making the playoffs? With Rubio healthy the Wolves are a playoff team, stop complaining bro your time is now.

Nelo Ice

Banned
mY5L3.png

HAHA. Dat troll by Hump.

And there we go. There's no way this trade can even be possible with the amount of ways this could go wrong :lol. King is working as if Lopez and Humphries are under contract. Not to mention getting a 3rd team or more just makes it even more of a clusterfuck.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Are you serious? If they hadn't given out all these horrible contracts and drafted these nobodies when they were still a lottery team they could have made a way better squad. They don't have a clue how to draft anyone outside of obvious number ones.

They blew it in 2004 with Luke Jackson at the ten but after that had one pick above 20 and used that on Hickson who wasn't a bad pick at all... They werent a lottery for long with LBJ..

They almost had to give bad contracts for anyone to think about spending 3 to 5 months in Cle..

Don't get me wrong they aren't a well ran franchise... but let's not pretend like they had mad picks and free agents lining up to play in Cle..or even assets to trade

linsivvi

Why would Humphries agree with a 1 year deal? What does he get out of this? What if he agrees and then suffers a career-ending injury next season?

He'd be stupid not to try to get a long term contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom